Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Witchers ❯ Chapter Fifty One ( Chapter 51 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Alexiel blinked as he gently touched his jaw. It felt...better. He felt better. "I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that's been training my butt off," he muttered, not even bothering to move. He simply preferred to stay there and relax...and sleep. Sleep was something which he barely even remembered anymore.

"You look like hell," Kyoya said rather bluntly. He was going to tell Luna to set him in Lex's bed...but judging from the state of things it'd be better if he just laid on the ground. Nodding to Luna he began to look around the room. "I take it that Lex is at the council meeting."

"Yeah," Alexiel replied, his eyes struggling to stay open. "And until then all those demons heed my every word...for obvious reasons."

Yuki moved next to Luna and Alexiel. Luna laid his head down in Yuki's lap then walked to the bathroom. She ran some water and grabbed a rage. She wet it the rung it out and took it to Yuki. Yuki gently wiped Alexiel's face and body while Luna and Evelyn walked around the room letting their eyes tell the horror story of Lex and his toy Alexiel.

"Just sleep," Yuki said. "We'll be here when you wake."

Luna opened some of the dressers, curiously digging through Lex's stuff. She stopped when she came across a picture of the group at Christmas. Evelyn looked at it with her.

"Why would he keep this?" Luna asked.

"As a reminder of what he gave up..." Evelyn said. "I hope it broke his heart every time he looked at it."

"I'm sure Alexiel could answer that. Judging from his new appearance it seems that Lex has made him do his fair share of soul absorptions," Kyoya said bluntly as he watched Alexiel begin to toss and turn in his sleep. "Though I'm fairly certain the answer is yes. Someone who thinks that all this," he said with a wave of his arm, "must be tortured to some degree. Even though one absorbs a soul, that soul's identity is still inside them. It would be like having thousands of voices in your head at once. It's no wonder Lex has gone crazy. Though he looks more like a demon then a human...."

Shaking his head he started to sit down on the bed when he quickly remembered why they didn't put Alexiel on it. "We'll have wait for Alexiel to wake up and then find out what he can from him to prepare for Lex's return. Somehow I doubt the demons will be so kind to us if we venture outside without Alexiel's guidance."

Luna nodded then sat in a chair. Evelyn sat on the floor with her back up against Luna's legs. "We should get comfortable then. I don't think Alexiel will wake for a while."

Luna grabbed Kyoya's arm and moved him over to her. She stood and pushed him on the seat then sat in his lap. For all she knew, this would be the last time he would get to hold her. This could be the last time any of them got a chance to really be together. Someone could die. Though, their power had grown, they had no idea how powerful Lex had become. She moved her hand to Kyoya's chest and snuggled close to him. She listened to his heart beat then thought of the first time they made love. She tried to focus on all the good things that had happened so her mind wouldn't drift to losing him or anyone else.

It was several house later before Alexiel finally began to stir. His mind was full of thoughts and vivid images which could drive a person mad. For Alexiel, it simply woke him from his nightmare. He sat up quickly, and explosion of energy erupting from his body as if he was expecting someone to attack him. It took him several seconds to register what had happened when he was last awake. Leaning back he looked at Yuki, offering her a small smile. "You guys are still here," he said with a sigh. "I was afraid that you'd be gone."

"No such luck," Kyoya said as he gently nudged Luna awake. "We're all here which means that this is really happening."

"Joy," Alexiel muttered. He went to rub his sore throat when his hands caressed his collar. His eyes widened as he thought about his sudden burst of energy and his soul absorption. Had that been enough to tip Lex off? He prayed the answer was no.

Luna got to her feet and so did Evelyn. Luna walked over to Alexiel and her hands brushed the collar. "I can get that off you if you want me to," she said.

Yuki stoked his head and wiped the sweat from his forehead. Evelyn stretched then bent some water from the bathroom towards Yuki. Yuki wet the rag again and thanked Evelyn then began to wipe Alexiel to cool him down.

Alexiel quickly shook his head. "It's connected to Lex. If anything happens to this collar he'll come running back. If we want to defeat him we need at least some surprise on our side." Closing his eyes he let Yuki wipe his forehead. He'd almost forgot what a loving touch felt like. "You have no idea what kind of power he wields. He's done such terrible things.... I've done such terrible things."

Sitting up he took a moment to get his bearings before finally looking Luna in the eyes. "He's absorbed countless souls. Demons, witches, elves, shifters, priests, hunters...it doesn't matter he's absorbed them. His power...it's...ungodly." He seemed lost in thought for a moment as he remembered past incidents. For a second it seemed like they'd lost him completely before he started again. "We can beat him though," he said with a firm resolution. "But it's going to take everything we have plus some."

"So you're saying that he does have some weakness?" This was exactly what he had been hoping that Alexiel would discover. If Lex had any weakness they could exploit then it would aid them in their battle.

"He has two weaknesses actually," Alexiel said as he stood. "The souls inside his body...and me."

Yuki gasped. "You? I don't understand..."

Luna looked at Yuki. "You said you once helped your priestess take demons out of human." Yuki nodded. "Could you in some way manipulate the demons inside of Lex or maybe even call on them to be purified?"

Yuki looked at Alexiel. "Yes, but it would take every ounce of my energy and strength. I wouldn't be able to fight or heal afterward."

"I think Yuki could be a great weapon against Lex too."

"She'd be an excellent weapon," Alexiel agreed as he turned to her. "What if I pulled the souls out? If I did that, do you think you could purify them?"

"If we were to get rid of the souls that are fueling all this extra power, would Lex's power return to normal?"

"It's possible. I don't know if we'd be able to get him into a position where we could do that though."

Evelyn stepped forward. "I can create a water bubble to trap him in or Luna could beat the shit out of him."

Luna looked at Evelyn. "Don't say shit, Evelyn. You're only ten." Evelyn grunted. She turned back to Alexiel. "You know him better than all of us. Tell us what to do and we will do it."

Yuki nodded. "I can purify the souls whether you take them out or not. I just need to be able to pray without being interrupted. I'll need people to guard me while I focus solely on Lex."

"Okay then, here's the plan," Alexiel said as he began to pace back and forth. "Kyoya, you'll be in charge of protecting Yuki. As soon as this starts Evelyn, myself, and Luna will work to ensnare him and draw his attention away. That shouldn't be too difficult...."

"If we can, we need to restrict his movement as much as possible. If we can do that then I'll attempt to pull the souls out. Once that occurs it'll be up to Yuki to purify them."
Alexiel looked at everyone, making sure they understood the gravity of the situation. "After we do that, Yuki and I will probably both be out for the count which mean that it'll be up to you guys to take out Lex."

Everyone nodded. Luna turned to Kyoya and smiled. "This...is going to be fun."

Evelyn laughed. "You're blood lust is getting out of control, Luna." Luna tried to gain control of her shaking hands. "You've been pent up in the Heaven for far too long. Hunters shouldn't be kept in cages."

Yuki stood and grabbed Alexiel's hand. "If you get tired, let me know. I can charge the last of my energy and target Lex to purify the demons inside him without touching him."

"Then it seems we have our battle plan," Alexiel stated. "The meeting takes place tomorrow. After which Lex will come home and we'll have to be prepared. Until then...let's enjoy tonight as if it is our last." Alexiel didn't bother sugar coating things. What was the point? Tomorrow they were all very likely to die and they knew it. It would be better for them to live to the fullest tonight then wait to do so in a future that may never come.

"Do you have any food here?" Kyoya said with a smile. If they were going to enjoy themselves they might as well have a little party.

"Food. Wine. You name it, we have it," Alexiel said as he squeezed Yuki's hand.

Luna pulled out her laptop. She started typing then clicked something.

"Mommy?"

"Hi baby!" Luna said to the screen. "Mommy and Daddy miss you lots."

"You come home now?" Macy asked.

"No, not yet. We have to get the bad man remember?" Macy nodded.

"You get Aexsil?"

Luna looked at Alexiel. "Yes, we found him." She smiled at Alexiel. "She practically knows you. We tell her stories and show her pictures and she knows why we are here."

"Mommy?" Luna turned back to the scream. "I see Daddy?"

Luna looked at Kyoya.

Kyoya smiled as he waved at the screen. "Hi sweetie! Do you miss us already? Oh I miss you too! Yes I do! Yes I do!"

Alexiel watched Kyoya's mind melt to mush as he talked to his daughter.Looking at Yuki he gave her a small smile. "So does he always act like that?" It was actually quite a funny sight to behold, though he was simply glad to be able to spend time with his friends before the end.

"Only when he is a part from her for more than an hour," Yuki said laughing.

Luna walked over to Alexiel. She moved the screen so he could see Macy. "This is Alexiel, Macy."

"Aexsil! You come home?" she asked and clapped her hands together.

"I told you, not yet. We have to get the bad man," Luna said.

"I come get him too!"

"No, you have to stay with Granny and be a good girl."

"Daddy no say I have to be!"

"Well I'm not Daddy!" Luna glared at Kyoya. "You have to stop spoiling her!"

Macy waved to Alexiel again. "Granny say you are brwave man!"

Luna looked back at Alexiel. "She likes you."

Alexiel couldn't help but laugh at the interaction between child and parent. It felt good to laugh. He hadn't realized how much he'd missed that feeling. Looking at the screen he was surprised to see how much she'd grown in the last two years. Then again, two years was a long time. "Hello Macy," he said with a smile. "I remember when you were just a little thing! Don't worry. We'll all be home soon."

Kyoya smiled as he stood back and watched the others. It was amazing, but somehow Macy seemed to bring out the best in people. No matter how dark the situation, she seemed to bring a ray of hope into all their hearts. To have the innocence of a child....

Luna and Kyoya said their goodbyes to Macy and let Evelyn and Yuki say goodbye as well. Luna disconnected the signal and her heart suddenly felt hard. She could feel the tears well up in her eyes. That might have been the last time she ever got a chance to see her speak to her daughter again. She was trying to be brave for her team. She was trying to be a leader, but her mothering heart wouldn't allow it. Slowly, the tears silently fell from her eyes and she looked at Kyoya.

"If I never see her again..." She couldn't finish the rest of the sentence. Instead she reached over to Kyoya and let him pull her close. "She needs a mother...I don't want her to end up like me..."