Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Witchers ❯ Chapter Sixty Four ( Chapter 64 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kyoya knocked on the bathroom door. "What do you want me to lay out for you?" Despite the fact that he had a daughter of his own, he felt weird simply going through Evelyn's clothes; even if she was the one who wanted him to get them ready in the first place.

Evelyn didn't answer. She ignored him and the world around her. And, she played the screams of the demon in her head. Over and over she tossed between the demon and Luna's dead body. Back and forth back and forth. Her head was getting light and she no longer had any air. She wanted to water to consume her.

Yuki stepped out of the shower and dressed quickly. "I am so happy to be clean!" she said while looking at Alexiel. "That had to have been the grosses thing that had ever touched my body. Blood and guts...salt water...awful smell!"

Alexiel rolled his eyes and quickly ducked as she tossed her towel at him. "It wasn't that bad." He had seen far worse things under his time as Lex. The only thing that really bothered him about it was the look on Evelyn's face as she did that. "I should've just killed it; but I wanted to give Evelyn a go at it. I was curious what she could do with an ocean at her command. Now I sort of wish that I didn't know."

Kyoya knocked again, and when he didn't get an answer he sighed. "Evelyn," he called once more. He closed his eyes and focused on his ears to see if he could hear anything. All he could make out was her steadily slowing heartbeat. "Evelyn? I'm coming in." Pushing the door open he saw her underwater. Reaching down into the water he grabbed her by the nape of her neck and pulled her up for air. "Just what are you doing?"

Yuki walked over to Alexiel and wrapped her arms around him. "I don't understand her. I've tried. I've taken her out and we walked together. I've done her hair for her, but she has this wall. A large, thick, keep out God, wall! And I have a feeling no one will understand her."

Evelyn took in a deep breath as Kyoya pulled her up. She started to cough then pushed him away. She was ten and had nothing to show him, so she wasn't the least bit worried about him being in the same room with her. He had a daughter after all. Evelyn moved his hand away from her and she turned her back to him.

"Sorry...I didn't hear you knock," she said.

"No one can understand her," Alexiel said as he wrapped his arms around her. "We don't know what goes on in that head of hers, so all we can do is guess and ask. Eventually she'll either let us in...or she'll destroy herself from the inside out."

Kyoya glance down at her before shaking his head. "Your heartbeat was unusually slow, Evelyn," he said as he closed his eyes. He was about to say something else but no words came to him. "I'll be waiting outside when you get through. Just...let me know if you need anything. Okay?"

Evelyn hugged herself and nodded to him. When he closed the door, she thought long and hard about running after him and begging for a hug. Instead, she went back under the water.

The day the boat docked in Italy was a day they were all looking forward too. Yuki stepped on land and nearly kissed the ground at the excitement. Evelyn held her bag close as she stood in front of Richard.

"It was a pleasure having you aboard our ship," he said to all of them. "I hope we meet again and that it will be under better circumstances."

Yuki shook his hand. "Thank you for everything you have done. We are indebted to you."

Richard smiled. "Just close the portal and come back alive. That will be enough for me." Yuki nodded. Richard shook Kyoya hand and Alexiel. "I wish you the best of luck and I know that you guys will succeed."

"Here's hoping," Alexiel stated. He shook Richard's hand before grabbing his bags. Faust's scythe and cane tucked neatly under his arm as they got off in Italy. This was Thanatos's territory; and he couldn't help but feel that things were starting to come full circle. It was the cryptic message sent by Thanatos's messenger which sent them on their path. Now they came to Thanatos's territory where the portal resided.

Kyoya looked off into the distance. He could hear the cries of demons as they chuckled and gloated over the destruction and death that they were causing. Soon all of this would come to an end. No matter what happened to them that portal was going to be closed. "Any idea where in Venice this portal is?"

"Trust me, I doubt it'll be hard to find," Alexiel said. Already he pushing his energy outward to search for the highest concentration of demonic energy. That was surely where the portal would be located.

Richard smiled at Evelyn. "You be safe, k?" She nodded. She was sad to be going. If she walked away from him, it meant that she was walking towards a place she didn't want to be. He placed his hand on her shoulder then leaned down and kissed her slightly on the lips. It was a small peck, nothing serious. "Now you have had your first kiss."

She blushed brightly as her stomach filled with butterflies. Yuki walked up next to her and grabbed her hand. "Time to go, kiddo."

Evelyn looked back at Richard as he waved to her while she walked away. This was the beginning of the end.

Alexiel reached into his bag and pulled out his mask. Taking a deep breath he placed his over his face once more. Kneeling on the ground he began to undo the seals which bound Faust's scythe. "We're going straight into the heart of the beast," he told them. "This might be the only thing that'll keep them back long enough for us to actually get to the portal. Remember, if there's more then one demon lord our goal is to divide and conquer. Our targets aren't the lords themselves, its the portal. We destroy that, they go bye-bye."

"That's easier said than done," Kyoya told him. He had already forgone his human form and was in his more wolfish form. Of course he had made a few alterations. Namely the fact that his form was now four times larger than a normal human. If they'd wanted, the probably could've ridden on his back all the way to the portal. As it was, they all wanted to make an impression.

"Don't hold back," Alexiel told them as he left his bag on the ground, only taking the scythe and the cane with him. The cane was still bound, but now he was feeling the same pulling aura coming from the scythe. "If we can scare them. If we can stun them. If we can give them any reason to pause we can strike down the portal without a fight."

Evelyn had water flowing over her head as they walked. Yuki already had an arrow out and was charging her energy. She looked at Alexiel. "How exactly do we take out the portal?" she asked.

It was a good question, Evelyn thought. What exactly where they suppose to aim at?

"The portal has a base," Alexiel explained as energy began to flow through him and through his scythe. Already they were drawing attention, but as he predicted the lower level demons were starting to back away. They weren't foolish. This world was theirs, there was no point in fighting a battle that they were going to lose. "The base is made up of the bones of the angels which the fallen dragged down with them. It’s their skeletons which hold the energy and channel it forward. We destroy the base we should be able to disrupt the portal."

"Angel's bones aren't the easiest thing to destroy," Kyoya pointed out, snarling as one of the shifters tried to match his size. "It would take a great amount of condensed energy to even cut through it."

"That's why I'm hoping Faust's scythe will come in handy. It should hold the power needed to destroy the portal."

Yuki looked down at Evelyn. Evelyn had a blank look on her face as she walked. Her hands played in the water she surrounded herself with.

"I can focus my energy with Evelyn and we can strike together in one big blow after another. It's bound to do some damage," Yuki said.

Evelyn looked to her right at the demons staring at them. She flicked her wrist and her water shot out killing five demons. The rest of them ran in fear. She smirked.

Yuki grabbed Evelyn's hand. "Stop it, Evelyn..." Evelyn glared at her. "They aren't doing anything."

Evelyn snatcher her hand away. "I noticed."

"Chill," Alexiel snapped. "Conserve your energy. Picking on weaklings is beneath you." He'd had about enough of Evelyn's sadistic games. Now was neither the here nor now for that. They were drawing upon the largest concentration of demonic energy. In this case it resided in a cemetery. More importantly in a large mausoleum...or rather about fifty feet below it.

"Well then. Shall we take the stairs or create our own?" Kyoya asked as he dug a clawed hand into the ground.

"Lets just do the easiest," Yuki said.

Evelyn looked around. She was bored, but her heart was racing. Time was ticking. It wouldn't be long before she would have to start fighting for all of mankind. At this point, she really was think hard about throwing a fit and yelling out that she didn't want to do it like a normal ten year old would do, yet she couldn't bring herself to make herself look so stupid. She told herself that is she lived the first thing she was going to do was to pitch a fit about something stupid just to feel like her age. She pulled out a lollipop and put it in her mouth.

"Let's just get this over with."

"Then we'll make our own way," Alexiel said. Pointing at the ground he nodded for Kyoya to shield the girls. "Hang on." Firing directly at the ground beneath them it quickly gave way and they began the free fall down into the crypt of the mausoleum. Alexiel caught himself right before they hit the ground, his energy keeping him afloat as Kyoya expertly shifted to take all the impact while holding the girls to him.

Once they were down on the ground floor they were greeted by a sight which they would not soon forget."Ah, it's about time you arrived." There sitting before them were seven thrones made out of the bones of all sorts of beasts and creatures. There sitting before them were the seven fallen. Behind them rest the portal.

"I'm glad to know that we were expected."

"Of course you were my dear child," Lucifer said with a calm smile. "We've been keeping an eye on all of you. You've done well to come this far, but now I"m afraid that you must die."

Yuki moved next to Evelyn. Evelyn looked at each other the demons' faces.

"Well, don't you guys look scary?" she asked.

Yuki paled. "Evelyn," she said looked over at her. "Maybe now isn't the time..."

"If I might die today, I want to be able to say that I got a good laugh. And honestly, they look so funny," Evelyn said the gestured to them. "With the horns and the wings...and the tails... Really guys, were you trying to play dress up with demon parts because it's just ridiculous."

Yuki glared at Evelyn. "You are making things worse."

"I don't think things could get any worse, Yuki."