Fake Fan Fiction ❯ I Forever Do ❯ Growing Up ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dee and Ryo entered Ryo's apartment just as the first few stars began appearing in the evening sky. There they were met with the familiar faces of thirteen year old Bikky Goldman, Ryo's foster son (taken in after losing his biological father to a botched drug deal), and sixteen year old Carol, Bikky's best friend/girlfriend. Their friends Lai and Lass, both fourteen, were also there. The teens were all perched on Ryo's couch watching a movie, but looked up when the saw the two police officers walk in.
 
“Hey guys.” Ryo said smiling as he removed his coat.
 
“Hi Ryo.” The teens said in unison, but moved their eyes back to the television.
 
Dee came in and after seeing the teens all staring at the television like a couple of zombies couldn't resist putting in his two cents.
 
“Don't you brats have anything better to do then stare at the idiot box all afternoon?”
 
Bikky sneered.
 
“Like you don't do the same when you look at Ryo, or those porno mags you have in your bottom drawer.”
 
Ryo, upon hearing this, gave Dee a strange look as the ebony haired detective blushed.
 
“YOU SIMIAN PEA BRAIN!” Dee yelled. “WHAT GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SNOOP THROUGH MY STUFF!?”
Bikky grinned.
 
“I was looking for a sweatshirt to wear to b-ball practice, and Ryo said I could look for one in his room.”
 
Ryo's head appeared from the kitchen.
 
“I didn't mean you could look through everything in the bedroom B.” He said with that fatherly scold face. You know where I keep my sweats. You should respect other people's privacy.”
 
“YEAH BRAT!” Dee yelled.
 
Ryo looked over at him.
 
“And Dee?” He said to Dee with an angry look on his face. “Why on earth would you be keeping dirty magazines at my place when you know I have a kid in the house?”
 
Dee's face turned red.
 
“AW COME ON RYO!” He said as Ryo turned his back to the kitchen. “I'M A GUY AND SO ARE YOU! YOU KNOW GUYS HAVE....needs. Especially in the morning and you want to sleep and ya know I get…”
 
“DEE!” Ryo yelled as he eyed the kids who watched closely, but Dee didn't listen.
 
Besides I kept them where they were SUPPOSED to be hidden.” He yelled.
 
Ryo rolled his eyes.
 
“Doesn't excuse the fact. And I don't think we should be discussing this in front of Bikky and his friends.”
 
Dee just glared.
 
“Jeez Ryo, I know you gave Bikky the birds and the bees talk not too long ago. And the rest of these kids take health class, they know what I am talking about.”
 
Ryo didn't respond as he started pulling out pots and pans to make dinner.
 
“Aww, Ryo baby, don't ignore me like that.” Dee said groveling his way into the kitchen.
 
“Watch as the perv tries to weasel out of this one guys.” Bikky said. Now all of the teens were listening, as the chief once put it so nicely, to the soap opera du jour.
 
“Dee keep your voice down.” Ryo scolded. “I'm not that upset.”
 
“Yeah, but you got that I'm not going to be upset, but I am anyway face.” Dee responded.
 
Lass giggled as she heard the men in the kitchen whispering.
 
“You're dads are so cute Bikky.” She said. “They are the perfect couple.”
 
“Yeah, yeah.” Bikky said. “That's what everyone says. It's gross. Dee is always pouncing on Ryo whenever he gets a chance. I'm surprised I am not traumatized by their bedtime rituals. You won't think it's so cute when you hear them go at it!”
 
“Thanks for the mental image Bikky.” Lai said. “Though, I am curious. You're room is over there.” He pointed to the room on the right of the living room. And Ryo's room is over there.” He pointed to the room on the left of the living room. “How on earth could you hear them?”
 
“Yeah Bikky answer us that one.” Carol said with a smirk on her face. “If you could hear them in your room and I know you like to keep the door closed, then probably everyone in the apartment can hear them canoodling.” She put her finger to her chin.
 
“Unless you were…spying?”
 
Bikky blushed as his friends looked at him jokingly suspicious.
 
“HEY I AIN'T NO QUEER PEEPIN TOM!” Bikky yelled. “I HAVE TO PEE AT NIGHT AND I PASS BY RYO'S ROOM ON THE WAY TO THE BATHROOM AND I HEAR THEM JACK RABBITIN!”
 
“Yeah sure Bikky.” Lass said laughing. “Whatever you say.”
 
The three teens laughed at poor Bikky as he blushed and grumbled.
 
“GAH WHO ASKED YOU ANYWAY!” He yelled getting up. “Just wait until me and Ryo move into the perv's place and they get married. They'll be going at it all the time! None of you will be spared the torment!”
 
Bikky turned his back angrily to the friends who were still laughing hysterically. He marched into the kitchen where he was met with the same sight he seems to always cross nowadays…Ryo and Dee…in each other's arms…kissing. Ryo was wearing an apron and holding a spatula just over Dee's shoulder. Dee held Ryo by the waist with one hand draping dangerously low to Ryo's butt. Bikky just grumbled. In the past, Bikky would attack Dee anytime he had his hands on Ryo, but since Ryo ACTUALLY enjoyed the hands of the perv, who was he to judge….to a degree.
 
“Scuse me, impressionable boy in the room.” He said annoyed. Ryo pulled away quickly, saw his son, and blushed, but didn't unleash himself from Dee's grasp.
 
“Uhh Bikky.” Ryo slurred. “Heh…ahem…dinner will be ready in about half an hour. You're friends are welcome to stay, just have them call home.”
 
“Right Ryo.” Bikky said as he grabbed some sodas from the fridge. Then he looked over at Dee.
 
“Man, must you paw at him every chance you get you dork?” Bikky asked as he began to walk out of the room.
 
Dee just grinned mischeviously.
 
“If you think that's bad now, monkey boy, wait till Ryo and me are back from our honeymoon. You won't have to leave the sanctity of your pigpen to “pee in the middle of the night” as you so blatantly put it to hear Ryo and me!”
 
Bikky froze and held his ears.
 
“DAMMIT YOU ARE SICK, NOSY FREAK!” Bikky yelled. Everyone had overheard the comment and immediately burst out laughing. Even Ryo couldn't hide a chuckle as his son grimaced over Dee's comment. Ryo hated that he had overheard Bikky's conversation with his friends, but he had to admit that was a good comeback from Dee since Bikky was joking about their bedroom habits.
 
“YEAH YEAH SHUT UP YOU MORONS!” Bikky screamed to his friends as he re-entered the living. “OR YOU CAN GO SCROUGE THE GARBAGE CANS FOR YOUR FREE MEAL!”
 
Ryo laughed as Dee wrapped his arms around him again.
 
“You're terrible…ya know that?” Ryo said.
 
“The brat had it coming to him.”
 
Ryo sighed.
 
“Bikky is impressionable though.” He said. “I don't want him overhearing us making love. I don't want to frighten him. Hell, I wish I could have waited till he was eighteen to tell him about sex!”
 
Dee held Ryo's waist.
 
“You worry too much, the brat will be fine. You sat him down, didn't spare the details, told him where babies came from…to be sure when the time came that it was for love and always wear a glove.” Dee rocked him gently. “Besides, he knows I love you with everything I have and that when we do it, as freaky as it can get, it's all about love. He'll know what it all means when the time comes.”
 
“I guess.” Ryo said. “But that time IS coming soon. Part of me wishes I had had him around when he was just a toddler. A baby even. It's hard knowing that he is growing up and that in five years he'll be off on his own and won't need me all the time to provide for him. He is my son and I love him and I want to take care of him as long as he'll need me.”
 
Dee kissed Ryo's forehead.
 
“He's always going to need you Ryo.” Dee said. “So is Carol. You've been the closest thing to a dad she has since her own father passed on. And you know me and my wonderful habits of getting into trouble, I'm always going to need you too.”
 
Ryo smiled as he stared into Dee's mischievous green eyes.
 
“You're right Dee.” He said giving his fiancée a quick peck on the lips. “And speaking of your wonderful habits, what about those pornos that are hiding in the drawer and how did they get here?”
 
“Awwww Ryooooo.”