Fake Fan Fiction ❯ I Forever Do ❯ What Really Happened ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“I need to speak to you.”
 
“I see…you do realize I'm a busy man.”
 
`Bullshit…just meet me in the park across the street. Say you're going to lunch or something.”
 
“Why should I?”
 
“Just do it…or I'll rat you out with the little stunts you have pulled.”
 
“No one would believe you.”
 
“Come on…hell…I'll buy you a hotdog or something…just gaaah…just come!”
 
Snickers.
 
“How can I resist an offer like that? I'll be there in half an hour.”
 
CLICK.
 
Ryo sat in the car in the precinct garage trying hard not to cry. A sensitive soul, much to Ryo's misery, made it difficult for him to keep his emotions intact. He was lucky he had the stamina to hold them in until he was alone. Only on rare occasions other people had seen him cry…other people being mainly Dee. And right now, he wanted Dee more than he wanted anyone in the world.
 
“Dammit, Dee you stubborn bastard!” Ryo yelled smacking the steering wheel hard. “If you would only stop being so hotheaded I would have told you the whole truth!
 
He put his head in his arms and began to cry.
 
Meanwhile, Dee, not too faraway, was angry and edgy. He couldn't believe Ryo had let Rose touch him! Sometimes that man was just too much of an airhead!
 
“Ryo you moron!” He said angrily. “You are more naïve sometimes than a teenager! And even worse how could let that asshole put his hands on you!?”
 
“Maybe because that asshole has genuine feelings for Ryo.” A voice said. Dee turned and saw the disgusting smirk of Berkeley Rose looking down at him.
 
Dee glared as Berkeley Rose took a seat next to him on the park bench.
 
“Well you called me.” Rose said. “What's so important that you needed to see me here?”
 
Dee smoked and stared at the passerby in the park. He couldn't look at Rose for fear that he would really attack him. He was his Superior Officer after all and he didn't want to lose his job over scum like Rose.
 
“I'm waiting detective.” Rose said as he took out his own cigarette and lighter and lit up.
 
Dee sighed and put his hands together.
 
“What happened last night with you and Ryo?”
 
Berkeley blew out some smoke.
 
“I don't think it is any business of yours detective.” He said. “Unlike you, I like to keep my personal life away from my professional.”
 
“It is my business because Ryo is my partner and my fiancée and when you two keep me out of the loop, I think I have a right to know.”
 
Rose snickered.
 
“I had a lovely night with your partner if you must know.” He said. “Speaking of which, I don't see him here. Probably busy solving the case while you sit here and brood, am I right?”
 
Dee growled.
 
“Good question.” He said. “I don't know.”
 
“Ahh trouble in paradise I see.” Rose said blowing out some more smoke. “Let me guess…you grilled Ryo about what he did with me last night. Of course being you, you're temper got the better of you and you ended up offending the poor man before you even gave him a chance to explain.”
 
Dee remained silent as Berkeley continued.
 
“You know, if you want a marriage to work between you and Ryo you better start compromising. That temper of yours and that stubborn attitude is no way the key to a good lasting relationship.”
 
Dee looked over at him.
 
“And how would you know that you dickhead?” Dee said angrily. “You pretty much ruined any sort of marriage between Ryo and me because you couldn't keep your hands off of him!”
 
Rose laughed.
 
“And what makes you think anything actually happened between Detective Maclean and myself?”
 
Dee glared.
 
“It was pretty obvious when Ryo came home late reeking of the stench that could have only been you!”
 
Rose looked at Dee for a moment and burst out laughing. Dee looked at his superior oddly. Never had he seen Rose actually laugh. Hell, a smile that didn't have an evil ploy behind coming from that face was rare.
 
“God Laytner…you are a riot!” Rose said slapping his knee. “Now I see why you are at the 27. The comic relief you provide is remarkable!”
 
Dee hated this.
 
“I don't see how you can laugh when you just wrecked Ryo's and my relationship. How could you do that!? How could you sleep with him!? The man I love you shit!”
 
Rose calmed down at looked at the angry detective.
 
“Ya know, the way you jump to conclusions make you a lousy detective.” Rose said. “Is that what you really think?”
 
Dee didn't say anything, but the look on Dee's face said it all.
 
Rose thought back to the night before with Ryo.
 
Flashback
 
“Be mine tonight.” Rose said. “Even if it has to end in the morning and we have to back to being what we were before this…just please…let me show you how much I feel for you…let me make love to you tonight.”
 
Ryo froze as another kiss was planted on his mouth. This time it was a kiss of wanting, desire. Rose moved his mouth down to Ryo's neck and placed his hands on his hips.
 
“You are so beautiful.” Rose said in between kissing the crook of Ryo's neck. “I want to know everything about you. Everything that makes you happy. What I can do to you that would please you.”
 
Ryo sighed. All he could feel was Rose's cold lips and his hands trying to slowly slip off his jacket.
 
“There is something that would make me happy.” Ryo said.
 
Rose stopped and looked up into Ryo's eyes.
 
“What is it Ryo?” He asked huskily as he leaned in for another lustful kiss.
 
Ryo gently pulled back.
 
“You can let me go home now.” He said gently.
 
“What…” Rose asked. “What is it?”
 
Ryo shook his head.
 
“I'm flattered by the way you feel about me sir.” Ryo said sweetly. “And I know you mean it. But I'm sorry…I don't feel the same way for you. You're a good person and I would like to be friends with you if at all possible, but…”
 
“But you love Laytner.” Rose said annoyingly. “God Randy, you have no idea what I can do for you what Laytner can't. Why won't you give me the chance to show you!?”
 
Ryo sighed.
 
“Because I love Dee.” Ryo said. “He has given me everything I could ever ask for and more. If I spent the night with you…it may be wonderful, but I could never hurt Dee. I love him with all my heart. If I betrayed him I wouldn't be able to live with myself nor live without Dee.”
 
Rose smiled a little even though his heart was breaking.
 
“I admire your dedication.”
 
Ryo smiled.
 
“Then you can understand why it's important that I go home now.” Ryo said turning and heading to the door. “Thank you for a lovely evening sir. We should do it again sometime…with Dee of course. After all I don't know if I could go anywhere without my partner…and my husband!”
 
Rose smiled.
 
“We'll see Maclean.” He said.
 
“'Night sir.” Ryo said with a smile and left the apartment. Rose slumped back down on the couch. He could still feel Ryo's mouth and skin on his own. It was at that moment he had truly realized he had lost Ryo forever. And it hurt…like hell.