Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Mistletoe ❯ Jingle Bell Rock ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Mistletoe
by leejeeg
Sanami Matoh owns Fake: I just borrow them a bit
Dee x Ryo
A Dickensian inspired holiday fic.
R for language
Lemon
Happy Holidays
 
Jingle Bell Rock
 
Bikky and Carol were stringing popcorn and hanging the tasty garlands on the Norway spruce by the window. Ryo did not really want it there because it was partially obstructing the window with the fire escape, but there was really no better place to put it. Dee went into the living room to help while Ryo cleaned the kitchen. Bikky had tried to cajole Ryo into joining the decorating but he refused. Dee patted his shoulder in consolation. “That's okay, Biks. He'll come around.” I hope.
Dee went into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. He pulled out the eggs, milk and cream and set them on the freshly scrubbed counter. Then he opened all the cabinet doors rooting around until Ryo could not take it any more. “What are you looking for?” he asked, exasperated by the sight of Dee messing up his kitchen. “The sugar. Where'ya hiding it?”
Ryo stared at him. “What are you trying to do?”
Dee smiled devilishly. “The sugar, please, Sexy. If you don't mind?”
Ryo opened a cabinet door under the sink. He pulled out a blue canister and set it in front of Dee on the counter with an audible click. Dee looked at him, trying to gauge his mood. He seemed annoyed. Well, he had a way to fix that. “I'm making us some eggnog.”
Eggnog? You?”
“Sure.”
“But Dee, you can barely make toast!”
Dee shrugged unperturbed. “So? I can make eggnog and it's damn good, too. Now where's the rum?”
Ryo snorted. With all the times Dee stayed over and raided the liquor cabinet prior to their romance, he could damn well go get it himself. He should know where everything was by now. He started to leave. Dee reached out and grabbed his wrist. “Where do you think you're going?”
“I'm done in here, and you better make sure you clean up whatever mess you make, baka.”
“OH no,” Dee said, tugging him closer. “You are going to help.” He leaned forward and planted a kiss on Ryo's cheek, as if that was all the argument he needed. Ryo regarded him for a moment. Then he sighed. “What do you want me to do?”
Dee smiled triumphantly. “Um-oh, I need some nutmeg. Do you have any?”
Ryo opened the cabinet door above Dee's head. On the bottom shelf in the corner was a small lazy susan with spice bottles on it. Ryo placed the nutmeg with the other ingredients. “Blender?”
Ryo hissed at him, “Dee Laytner, you are always here, how come you don't know where anything is?”
Dee laughed. “Kitchen is sorta your territory, baby.”
“Hmph! Here,” he said handing him the blender. There was a small transistor radio on top of the refrigerator. Dee fiddled with it until he found a station playing Christmas songs. “That's better. I need mood music.”
Ryo smiled in spite of himself. He watched his partner, now more intrigued than annoyed. “Measuring cup?”
“You can use the blender. There are measurements on the side. See?” He showed him where. Dee smirked. “How come I never noticed that before?”
Ryo kissed his cheek. “What else can I do?”
“Hand me stuff and just stand there looking pretty.”
Ryo batted him on the back of his head playfully. “Baka!”
Dee pouted. “That's not very Christmassy, you know. Hand me the milk.” Dee poured in the milk, cream and two eggs. He blended the mixture for several pulses. Then he asked Ryo for a half cup of sugar, a teaspoon of nutmeg and a teaspoon of vanilla. He whipped the stuff up until it was frothy. “Get two cups, please.”
“What about the rum?”
“This is for the two goons, who incidentally ate more popcorn than they strung up. I'll put rum in ours.”
Ryo walked into the living room gingerly, not wanting to spill the contents of the two cups he carried. It was suspiciously quiet in the room and the lights were off, emphasizing the blinking lights on the tree. Two figures huddled on the couch. Ryo cleared his throat rather noisily and watched frowning, but inwardly amused, as his rambunctious foster son separated from his friend, Carol. “Have some eggnog,” he said handing out the drinks. Then he turned on a lamp. Carol was blushing, the rosy hue spreading over her cheeks prettily. “Thanks, Ryo,” she said taking a sip. “This is good,” she smiled up at him. Bikky had a creamy mustache on his upper lip. “It tastes weird.”
“But do you like it?”
“Yeah. It's not as thick as the store kind.”
“Dee made it.”
“Ack! I'm probably poisoned now!” Bikky sputtered. Ryo laughed heartily. “Knock it off. You said you liked it.”
Bikky muttered something unintelligible, but undoubtedly rude under his breath and Carol nudged him.
When Ryo returned to the kitchen Dee had a glass of eggnog waiting for him. He took a tentative sip-Dee was not known for his culinary skills. But much to his surprise and then delight he found the concoction palatable and tasty. The rum wasn't bad either, as a pleasant warmth spread down to his belly. “How do you like it?”
“It's really good, Dee. Thanks.” Now the radio was playing Jingle Bell Rock. Dee gulped down his eggnog and grabbed Ryo. “Hey! Watch it, my drink.”
Dee let go. “Well finish it already!” When Ryo put down his glass Dee wrapped one arm around his waist and pulled him close. He spun him around and pulled him in again. They danced to the bouncy Christmas song, laughing, their eyes bright with their mutual affection. When the song ended Dee embraced Ryo even tighter as he leaned in for a kiss. Ryo swayed slightly, allowing his arms to tighten around Dee's neck as they kissed tenderly at first, then searchingly. This was much better, more like the Ryo he knew and loved. Ryo sucked Dee's bottom lip and Dee moaned. The next thing he knew Ryo's hands were sliding beneath the waistband of his jeans, tickling the small of his back and Dee gasped, surprised. “Rugrats are in the other room,” he muttered between kisses. Ryo pulled away reluctantly. He glanced at the blender. “Can I have more?”
Dee grinned. “You can have anything you want.”
 
Dee got rid of the kids and got off relatively cheap since he only gave Bikky a twenty. He took it without complaint. Dee suspected he had things other than money on his mind. Yep, the little ape definitely had a thing for Carol.
He sat on the floor with his back against the sofa looking at the Christmas tree. After a few minutes he heard Ryo calling him. “I'm in here, baby.”
Ryo was confused. Usually when they were alone Dee did not waste any time getting him into bed. He sat down and Dee pulled him to his side. Ryo shifted so that his head rested on Dee's shoulder. “Tree looks good,” Dee said. Ryo nuzzled his neck, but there was something desperate in it. Ryo was not dealing well with whatever it was that was on his mind. Dee rubbed his shoulder, fingers gliding over the soft material of his dress shirt. “What is it?”
“What is what,” Ryo murmured. Dee gave him a gentle squeeze. “Look, I know that this is a hard time of the year for you, but you seem.......I don't know, like, extra upset.”
“I don't want to talk about it.”
“Yeah, but....”
Ryo twisted away to look at him. “No buts. There's nothing to say, okay?” He glared at him and Dee flinched. For a split second his eyes held pure, unbridled fury. Dee had never seen that look before. It unnerved him. “Okay, sorry.” Dee stared at the tree, not really seeing the blinking lights.
Ryo's expression softened. Why was he being such a jerk to Dee? He was trying so hard to make him happy, to make him, what? Forget? The thing was that he would never forget-he didn't want to forget. Why couldn't he understand that? Why couldn't anyone understand that? Dee was looking at the tree, but his expression was tense. Ryo sighed. This wasn't what he wanted. He pulled Dee close and kissed the side of his neck. “Sorry, Dee. Let's not fight, alright?”
Dee resisted his effort to kiss his mouth, but not for long. He turned his head and kissed Ryo back earnestly. Ryo deepened the kiss, but Dee knew that he was just trying to distract him with sex so he would not have to face things. Dee wanted to help him and well, for now if sex was what would help Ryo, then that's what he'd get. It wasn't as if anyone had to twist his arm; everything about the brunette detective drove him wild, and Dee was a firm believer in the concept of sexual healing. He stood and pulled Ryo to his feet. Without hesitation he scooped him up in his arms and carried him into the bedroom.