Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Mistletoe ❯ Joy, Joy, Joy ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Mistletoe
by leejeeg
Sanami Matoh owns Fake: I just borrow them a bit
Dee x Ryo
A Dickensian inspired holiday fic.
R for language
Lemon
Happy Holidays
Joy, Joy, Joy
 
Bikky padded into the small dining room, sniffing. “Something smells good.”
Ryo followed him in. “Merry Christmas, Bik.” He hugged the boy, knowing that he did not like to be fussed over. Bikky endured it indulgently, surprised by the affection in the greeting. “Wow, dude, are you like, over whatever was eating you?”
Ryo smiled and kissed the top of his head. “You could say that. And Biks-sorry about......everything.”
Bikky was suddenly flushed with embarrassment. He had wanted Ryo to cheer up, but this was a lot of emotion, and he didn't know how to handle it. Oh, what the hell, he decided. He hugged Ryo back and then pulled away. Ryo tilted his chin up so he could look at him. “Biks, I'll always be here to look after you, okay?”
“Yeah. Uh-what's for breakfast?”
“French toast, bacon and scrambled eggs.”
Bikky's eyebrows lifted. “What? No fruit, no fiber? It's a Christmas miracle!”
Ryo laughed. “You could say that, too.”
Carol joined them and they had a nice breakfast with pleasant conversation. Then Ryo led the two excited youths into the living room where they tore into their gifts with glee.
Ryo did not have to work but there was going to be a little party over at the precinct. He invited Bikky and Carol to go, neglecting to mention that he was planning sort of a surprise.
 
Ryo was at his desk fidgeting. He had been sitting in the small office he shared with Dee for a half hour, passing on requests by coworkers to join the festivities. He was waiting for Dee. He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. It wasn't too late-itcouldn't be too late. Finally the door creaked as Dee entered. His face registered bleary-eyed surprise. He was severely hung over. “Oh, hey. I won't bother you, I just came to get my extra pack of cigarettes.”
“You smoke too much.”
Dee just grunted in reply. He'd heard this lots of times. He fished a cigarette out of the box. Ryo came over and held out a lighter. “Thanks.”
“Why'd you drink so much?”
“What?”
“And why that seedy bar?”
“How did you know.......”
Ryo leaned against his desk and reached out for his free hand. “Dee, I am so sorry for the way I behaved. I treated you badly and I didn't mean what I said the other night. You didn't let me finish.” He shook his head. “Anyway it doesn't matter.”
Dee stared at him, trying to comprehend what he was saying. Ryo laughed nervously. “Will you forgive me?” Before he could formulate any kind of answer Ryo slid onto his lap and kissed him. Dee's resolve melted. How could he stay angry with Ryo, especially with an apology like that? He returned the kiss more vigorously. “I forgive you.”
The smile that lit up Ryo's face made him look like an angel. Dee was confused. Why the change of heart? “Ryo-what.......?”
He put two fingers up to Dee's lips. “Shh, baby. I have a present for you.”
Dee's eyes sparkled mischievously. “Where is it?”
Ryo stood and took his hand. “Come with me.” He led him down the hall to the lobby. Christmas music and revelry filled the air. Even chief Smith looked like he was having a good time. Dee looked around for this present. “Where is it, Ryo?” He suddenly became aware that they were still holding hands. “Look up.”
Dee did. They were standing under the light that he had hung the sprig of mistletoe on. “I don't understand.”
His eyes widened as Ryo slipped his arms around him. “Dee Laytner, I love you and I want to wish you a Merry Christmas.” Then he kissed him, long and hard in front of everyone at the precinct.