Fan Fiction / Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Castlevania : Duet of Magic Knight and Half-Vampire ❯ The meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CASTLEVANIA : DUET OF MAGIC KNIGHT AND HALF VAMPIRE
Crossover between : Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and Magic Knight Rayearth
Created by : Neo Juste Belmont

The disclaimer is still on.

Chapter 2 : The meeting

Ever after since that incident, Hikaru was unconscious for a very long time. However, suddenly, a thunder struck the land with a loud sound. Hikaru got up and screamed, because she was shocked. And after she realized what happened here, she was even more speechless as she looked her surroundings…

It was no longer Tokyo Tower. Instead, Hikaru was in some creepy forest ! It didn't resemble any forests in Cephiro at all… "Where… am I ?"

"You are in Transylvania, young lady." Suddenly, Hikaru heard a voice behind and turned back. She found some sort of spirit in form of a man in white robe.

"Who… who're you ?! Are you…" Hikaru nervously asked. Judging from his looks, he might be some sort of angel who'll take her to heaven, she thought. But she was wrong.

"No… However, do you know why you are here ?" The man asked. "I… Oh !"

Suddenly, Hikaru remembered what happened in Tokyo Tower. A mysterious man called Shaft captured her best friend, Umi, and took her to some sort of portal. "Then, I must be sucked into the portal as well !"

"It's not just simple 'get into portal' reason. You have another… or a mission, to be exact." The man explained.

"I know ! I have to save Umi-chan at all cost !" Hikaru exclaimed, but the man spoke more, "It's not just your friend who is at stake. The people in your timeline are at stake as well."

"What…!? Timeline ?!" Hikaru was shocked. This would mean that either she was transported forward or back in time !

"Look at that castle." The man said and pointed behind Hikaru. She then witnessed a huge, haunted looking castle… It was none other than Castlevania !

"That's where your destiny lies." The man said again. "Umi-chan is in there… and what is inside there regarding to my… 'mission' ?" Hikaru asked.

"For that, you must find it out yourself… Magic Knight." That was his words, before he slowly vanished. "You know my identity ?! But, right now I no longer have my powers !" Hikaru said with a worried tone. "Do not worry. I have granted you your magic in Cephiro once more, as well as your weapons. Try calling them for instance."

Hikaru decided to try. She concentrated her mind, and after awhile, her sword appeared once more, on her hand, as well as her armor on her body ! "I… I still have it !", Hikaru exclaimed happily. The man smiled as he started to vanish completely. "Thank… you ?" Hikaru was about to thank him, but he was nowhere to be seen. But, soon a voice echoed… It was the voice of that man…

"Seek Alucard. He will help you in your quest !"

"Alucard…!?" Hikaru was shocked when she heard the name Alucard. She once read some historical books in Fuu's house, one of them was the history of Dracula. From what she read, Alucard was Dracula's son who rebelled against his father and fought alongside a legendary clan of vampire hunters, the Belmont Clan. "That would mean, this is Dracula's castle… Umi-chan… wait for me !"

Hikaru made her way to the Castle Entrance. She entered the castle, and found herself within a dark room. When she moved even deeper, suddenly the lights were turned on, and suddenly, a lot of zombies rose from the ground and attacked Hikaru. "Yikes ! Zombies !!", Hikaru was quite scared, but she overcame it, as she began defending herself with her sword. She fared very well, defeating quite a number of zombies. But, they kept coming and coming. And so, she decided to bust her way to the next room on the other side. After she entered the next room, she quickly locked the door, hoping that it will prevent the zombies. Hikaru moved forward, and found two ponds of water. When she approached it, suddenly, a lot of mermen rose up from the water, and began shooting Hikaru with their fireballs from mouth. Hikaru dodged them, and she gave a thought… "Maybe this is a good time to test my spell again…" As the mermen charged up their fire again, Hikaru put her hand forward and shrieked, "FLAME ARROW !!". She launched her fire spell, an arrow of flame, going through the mermen and destroying them in fire.

Hikaru moved forward to a small room. There was nothing there. But, as she approached the next door, she felt an ominous aura. She decided to peek, and was shocked to see a figure coming out from a vortex of energy… It resembled the Grimm Reaper himself ! She quickly hid behind the door. 'Is it really the Grimm Reaper ? The one who brought dead souls to heaven ?' Hikaru thought, but she then heard a voice of a man…

"It's been awhile… Death…"

"Ah… Alucard… What's your business here ?" Death replied with a question.

'Alucard…!? Alucard was there ?', Hikaru was shocked and she took a peek. Indeed, other than Death, she saw a long haired pale man with a black cape and outfit and white hair.

"I've come to put an end to this." Alucard replied coldly. Death sighed, as he said, "Still befriending mortals…" But he continued, and demanded, "I'll not ask you to return to our side. But I demand you to cease this attack !" And all he got was another cold shoulder… "I will not."

Death realized that he couldn't persuade Alucard. But, he still have another trick up to his sleeve. "You shall regret those words… We will meet again !" Death then started to vanish, but he also snapped his bone fingers. Suddenly, Alucard felt numb. "What !?" Not just that, suddenly his sword, shield, armor and all his items rose to the air and vanished. "He must have stolen my weapons…" Alucard sighed as he began to advance forward… But, suddenly he was interrupted by a voice.

"Excuse me…" It was Hikaru. She started to approach Alucard "Are you… Alucard ?"

"Yes… I am Alucard. Who're you ?" Alucard asked back, and she answered, "Hikaru… Shidou Hikaru."

"Hm… What are you doing here ?"

"I… My friend was captured here. I have to save her." Hikaru answered. Hearing the word 'capture', Alucard became worried, and so he asked again, "Who kidnapped her ?"

"A man called Shaft." Hikaru answered. "Shaft…? It must be that man who tried to revive my father, Count Dracula… Wait…" Alucard's face suddenly turned serious. He continued, "Could it be… sacrifice !?"

"Sacrifice !?" Hikaru gasped in horror. Is Umi going to be a sacrifice to revive Dracula !? She continued, "I must hurry ! If what you said is true, I cannot stay idle like this !" "Fine… have it your way."

"Wait a minute… Alucard… Are you after Dracula ?" Hikaru asked. "Well, not just that… I plan to destroy this castle before my father arrive." Alucard answered. Hikaru then moved closer to him and said, "Can I… come with you ?"

Alucard was in a silence for awhile… until finally he faced Hikaru's face, and said, "… Fine. If that friend of yours is going to be a medium to revive my father, I have to save her before that happens."

"Thank you." Hikaru said with a smile. Alucard simply moved forward and said, "Let's go."

Suddenly, Hikaru remembered what happened to Alucard's weapons. And so, she stopped him. "Wait, Alucard ! Weren't your weapon… stolen ?"

"Well I can always loot from any dead monsters we will meet later… Let's hurry." Alucard kept on moving, as Hikaru followed him…

To be Continued…