Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ As the Fire Burned ❯ Chapter 1:When You're Something Else ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

What happens when a song becomes the link to a whole new world? A same, but different world. A world… of magic….

Placed in the seventh year of Hogwarts. Hp/Sm crossover, this is a Rei Hino/ Sailor Mars centering fic

Future pairings will be added.

Warning: Characters may be OOC! Also some swearing…

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Sailor Moon.

As the Fire Burned

By: R.B.N.

Chapter 1: When you're something else

________________________________________________________________ _____

"This is a song I'd like to dedicate to my friends, my family, and this "Starry Night"."

<<<

I've waited all my life,

For the day when love appears.

Like a mystery of days of old he will rescue me from my fears.

And now suddenly he walks in like a dream.

But how can I tell him what he means to me.

My heart stands still,

Has he come?

Oh Starry night,

This is the moment I dream of.

Oh Starry night……………

>>

(BTW I apologize if I get any of these little lyrics wrong)

The song continued as Rei Hino sang with all her heart. It was her favorite one from when she first sang it 3 years ago when she was fourteen. The night where she regained her previously lost power, when Alan and Ann's youma attacked.

Rei was dressed in a really short red dress, and red high heels, as customary to match.

Her hair as usual was down in long tresses of raven.

Now it was the last summer before her last year of High school began.

<<

Oh Starry night-

>>

On that verse:

A flash of light suddenly appeared on Rei, up on the stage. It glowed momentarily, gold, silver, then and a blinding white that engulfed her.

~~

Someone screamed, whom she didn't know, it must have been her. A rushing at her head told her she was moving at the very fact of the speed of light. Images blurred by, those she couldn't see.

"Where ya headed?" a kind voice said next to her. She turned her head to see an oddly dressed man in robes with the queerest hat.

"I don't know?" she had found her voice, slightly on the edge.

He nodded almost understanding. "I'm off to Diagon Alley me-self, then to the "Leaky Cauldron" for tonight's rest. If ya want, I can help ya from there; if ya go."

Rei stopped to measure the pros and cons, finding no other idea she nodded in agreement.

As of right now her psyche couldn't concentrate, because of all the magical energies surrounding.

"Now yell out Diagon Alley!" he commanded.

"Diagon Alley!" she shouted.

She heard a faint `echo' of what she just called as her insides were literally thrown forward, for a split-second.

She screamed once again as she was plummeted towards a stone covered alleyway. She would have hit it if the man before hadn't appeared and drew out a thin piece of wood and muttered something quickly, that eventually softened her fall.

Her head was still spinning as the man kindly helped her up.

"Oh, goodness me, we haven't been introduced, I'd be Godric Flennington. Named for the great Godric Gryffindor, though no relation. So who might you be?" he asked as he pulled a pipe sort of thing out of his robes and was preparing to light it.

"I am Rei Hino. I'm very glad I met you. If I hadn't Kami only knows where I'd be… What's wrong Mr. Flennington?" she noted the horror look upon his face, as if he'd seen a ghost, well in the sense she thought of.

"Hi-Hi-Hino ya say?" she nodded, "A ya aren't by any chance related to Akima Hino? Are ya? Or Arthur Hino"

"Akima Hino was my mother, though she died a long time ago. And Arthur's my father, though I don't see him ever." She scowled.

He softened a bit, but he still seemed on guard. "Co-Come this w-way." He directed.

~~~*

Murmurs of excitement and fear rang throughout the stadium.

"Where's Rei, I don't remember her saying that was part of the show…" Serena trailed off, at the shock written on her friend's faces.

"It wasn't Serena." Lita spoke still staring blankly the stage.

"We have to contact Luna and Artemis girls. If the negaverse is back they'd know!" Mina concluded hurrying the girls up.

"C'mon Ami!" Serena called, seeing Ami up by the stage with her pocket computer, typing away.

"Just a minute Serena, I'm almost done analyzing this…"

"What's going on?" came the voice of Amara; behind her were Michelle and Hotaru.

"We don't know, but were going to ask, Luna and Artemis." Lita informed, over the years she had grown to like Amara a lot.

Ami came running over with the results, by now everyone had filed out of the stadium, save for the girls. "There's nothing, only a barely traceable, trace of magic."

"Oh, but what does that mean?" Serena questioned she was worried, but not as worried. In truth she hated Rei, Darien had confessed the other night, that he liked Rei and only Rei.

Though Rei didn't know it. After that night Darien disappeared. She didn't tell anyone though. Truth was he was vacationing in London; she only wanted to believe that was his reason.

(A/N: If that was confusing look to end of chapter)

Serena was going insane on the inside reasons she didn't know…

~~~

Rei followed him through a door that led into a tavern. The "Leaky Cauldron" was what he called it.

Inside people, who were oddly dressed like Mr. Flennington, dined, talked, and wandered around. Rei felt quite out of place, especially when everyone quieted down, at her entrance.

"This here's a Hino!" Godric announced. A murmur suddenly rose up between everyone.

"Uh, what are you doing, Mr. Flennington? My mother's dead, and my father is-"

"Behind you." A smooth voice said. Rei swiveled on her feet, fast enough to almost knocking him, almost. *Too bad though…* she secretly thought.

"Rei, wow, you've grown so much, you're what seventeen now?" Rei boiled at this. She hadn't seen her father since she was 3.

"Come give your father a hug." He said opening his arms.

She stepped back then sneered, "The hell I will!" she could feel her fire energy coursing through her, though she didn't care.

"Rei," he said in a quiet voice, "You're causing a scene…"

"I don't care! 14 years, 14 years! You-left-me! With that all I don't care!" With that she exited out the same door she entered not caring, where she went as long as it was away from him.

But then he appeared right in front of her. She screamed for second. Several of the people inside ran out to watch, as did people from the alley. By now there was a circle surrounding them.

"Kuso! What are you?" she called unconsciously.

"A wizard, Rei we all are witches and wizards. You're a witch too, by the way."

This statement took her aback. Her father knew some things about her, which she didn't. But he didn't know of her scout power.

"Now, come with me, you're causing a scene it's not good for my image." He added whispering.

"I'll give you something not good for your image, when you're laying on the ground all bruised up!"

He chortled. "You beat me? You don't even have a wand, as you can clearly see, I'm stronger."

She growled then yelled: Mars Crystal Power! The familiar twisting flames warmed her spirit as transformed into the legendary Super Sailor Mars!

"In the name of Planet Mars, I will kick your ass!" It was a `pleasant' phrase for this event, if she said so herself, and she did.

Before he could utter his surprise, she unleashed Mars Fire Ignite! , On him. He luckily for himself blocked it with a spell. She had known he more than capable to defend himself.

"Seems you have a few surprises of your own!" Arthur said trying a de-arming spell. Though it didn't manage to work.

Mars Celestial Fire Surround! She screamed then smirked with effect it had. The attack knocked her father into a pile of storage crates.

"Of course I do. As a scout and future Queen of Mars I have duties to live up to."

He got up slowly, " My dear it seems you're ill, come let me take you to our manor."

"What part of no, don't you understand? I have to get back to Japan, I mean- where am I anyways?"

"London. Didn't that old man teach you any manners?" He then cast a spell that sent her flying back as he did, she knocked her head, and so she was temporarily knocked out.

He stood up dusting himself off.

When a demanding voice caught his attention…

~~~

Harry and Ron stared, hopingly at the Lightining2002. Hermione just scoffed about it.

"Alright it's been 10 minutes and 32- no 33 seconds, that you've been staring at that broom." She informed.

"She's keeping count?" Ron whispered to Harry as he continued to stare.

Harry just shrugged.

"Well then, I guess I'll be eating by myself…" she said wearingly.

This snapped the boys away.

"You don't have to do that." Harry said taking one arm.

"He's right, wouldn't want to leave you alone with all that food." Ron said taking her other. She smiled.

"Well good- uh oh Malfoy!" she sneered.

"Malfoy." They said in agreement.

Malfoy was standing in front of "Flourish and Blotts" with his father, Lucius Malfoy.

Malfoy seem antsy, for up ahead a large amount of witches and wizards had gathered in the little area before the entrance into the "Leaky Cauldron".

His father who had been talking to someone, finally noticed the uproar, and sounds emitting from there and decided to investigate himself, Malfoy tailing.

The trio could not help but run and follow too; after all, that was where they were going.

~~~

"Excuse me what's going on here?" Lucius yelled over the noise as the crowd parted for him.

Arthur, whom was still dusting himself off, looked to see Lucius.

"Lucius, ah, just me." Lucius looked frightened for something but quickly his demeanor changed, as he chuckled at his friend?

"By Merlin, what's going on?" Lucius questioned then a groan came from some crates across the way.

"Did someone get the number for that train?" Mars groaned sitting up. "Uh well, guess that wasn't a dream…"

She stood up. Her head was bleeding though she didn't seem to notice.

"This doesn't mean I'm done." She said getting up as she noted Lucius' presence, wand drawn in front of her father, "I suggest you move `wizard' if you don't want to get flamed." Rei threatened, Lucius.

He of course was never talked to this way, save for his master. He started to cast a spell when,

" Lucius, that is Rei Hino, my daughter." Arthur introduced.

~~~

Malfoy, and the trio caught up to see this little intro, as they pushed their way to the front.

~~~

"If I was your daughter then why did you abandon me?" Mars Flame Sniper! Her strongest attack formed into a bow and arrow of fire, the symbol of Mars in the arrow. Then it shot out towards her father. He put a shield up, but still felt the burn, though not enough to actually burn him.

Then he quickly shot out the spell that would keep her stationary for a few moments. She could still talk though.

"Why all the dirty-" her father waved his wand warningly

"I didn't abandon you, nor did your mother. She as not dead as you were told. Now if you co-operate then I'll tell you more, at our manor." He whispered dangerously.

"Don't think you can scare me. I've faced death and battles no one should-" her eyes then glazed over.

She's all, alone in a world of Darkness. A pang of hate, says Serena's betrayed her. The other three inner scouts are dead. The four outer are in hiding. Darien's almost dead. Serena appears in dark robes. "It's all your fault Rei! You took my Darien!!" She finds herself screaming back, "What do you mean? I don't love Darien anymore!"~~ The scene flashes over to a dark- evil place *The Negaverse!* she mentally screams. "No I want, peace, I'll never join the Negaverse!" the voice obviously Serena's yells. "Then you will live in madness till you destroy everyone that you love!" another voice cackles, it's recognizable; it's Jadeite's! Serena screams in terror or pain maybe both…

Rei shook out of her stupor.

"You killed her!" Lucius yelled at Arthur as the two argued.

"No the spell, may have taken different effects on her!" Wait they weren't yelling, they were mind-battling and she could hear.

She opened her eyes. Three people about her age stood in front of her. Her father and Lucius oblivious to this.

"Umm, Who are you?" she moaned slightly.

"Could you tell me what happened?" the girl asked. Rei looked around pretty much everyone save for these three, a guy near Lucius, Lucius himself, and her father, had left. * Probably got yelled at…* she thought almost wryly.

"I just had a vision. Nothing important. Though I have a major headache afterwards." The spell wore off and the two guys caught her.

She mumbled a thanks. And stood up. "So are you really Rei Hino?" the guy with red hair who stood, about 6"4 questioned.

"Let me get back to you..." She chanted then, Evil Spirits Disperse!! A charm landed right on Arthur's head.

"Let me go!" he yelled.

"Give me a reason to?"

"Your mother's on her deathbed."

"Ha but no, I sense your lying."

Then her father sighed.

"Sorry but Lucius would you do the honors?"

Lucius nodded and fired Imperius on Rei, making her take the charm off. As soon as it was off Lucius grabbed Rei's hands and kept them immobile.

"So sorry milady, but I merrily listen to those higher in rank than I." He said in his somewhat soft , though very superior-like voice.

"Really, well I listen to myself." She then kicked back into the tall man's groin. He winced and doubled over.

"Draco!" he called. Malfoy jumped to action, Harry and Ron would've help if Hermione hadn't reminded them that it was family business, then pushed the two through the entrance of the "Leaky Cauldron ".

Malfoy tackled her to the ground. She fought tooth and nail. He still had the stronger hold, as he pinned her, his chest to her back.

"Ah! What did I ever do to anyone? Well except Serena, but someone's got to yell at her!" she said trying to wriggle free.

"I don't think that would be wise, Miss Hino." He said, not to unlike his father, they almost resembled each other only Draco inherited the really good looks from his grandfather before.

When she was in his hold totally, Draco was ordered up.

She was brought back over to her father. "Hear me out."

She growled knowing it was futile to get away, "Fine!" Arthur still had Draco hold her.

"I did not abandon you, neither did your mother. You were put at the temple for safety, with a trusted muggle -or non-magical person as you have it- of the witches and wizards, for protection. There were many out to harm you because of your family name. The old man who posed as you grandfather put a charm all over Japan preventing access to you, from witches and wizards alike. But by some miracle you're here."

Rei sensed no lie, but still had doubts. "So grandpa lied to me, after all the times I saved his life…"

"Yes well, he isn't really your grandfather." Her father replied. "Do you have anything better to change into?"

Rei rolled her eyes; she would play it safe for now, something was odd about him, and she would at least pretend to believe her father. If he wasn't lying well, then who knows? She knew for one thing she'd have to help Serena as soon as she got out of this mess.

After Draco let go:

She concentrated and de-transformed, back into the beautiful red dress from before.

"A bit better, though watch out, your cleavage seems to have young Draco entranced." Lucius and Arthur chuckled. Rei glared at Draco. And Draco scowled, it wasn't true, he tried to convince himself, but what could he say he was a teenager no doubt.

"Keep your eyes somewhere else!" she hissed. He ignored her and went to the other side of his father; he wasn't going to reason with the beauty. Damn hormones.

"So who's manor?" Lucius questioned.

"Mine, I have a `guest' there. The Ministry seems to not to ever want to search my house again."

"Lord Voldemort is at your house?" Lucius asked telepathically. Arthur nodded. Rei didn't hear this time.

"Right then, come here Rei." Her father directed. She walked awkwardly over. He touched her shoulder and in an instant they were at his mansion. Draco and Lucius appeared the same way too.

She stepped away. " Your mother is away on business for the year, you won't see her ever really, she's gone a lot." Rei nodded, what memories of her mother were none.

A tiny house elf appeared in the room. "Ah, Erwin will take you to your room to freshen up, there is someone you are to be introduced to. Your dress should already be up there."

Erwin nodded and motioned for Rei to follow him. She looked back for a second, her father and Lucius disappeared into another room, and Draco sat in a chair seemingly doing nothing. He scowled when he caught her look.

She shrugged and followed Erwin. She went up the grand stairs down a corridor, down another on then finally her room. Erwin left knowing he was dismissed.

Her room was decorated in black and green. It was very much grand compared to home. Tapestries filled the walls. An adjoining bathroom decorated similar, with a huge tub filled with petals. The water in it was warm. Her bed held a great canopy of green velvet and black silk. Her sheets were of black satin. A vanity sat over in another part where the room had a step up. There, a black and maroon silk dress lay.

After cleaning the blood encrusted on her from her previous injury.

She put the dress on. It fit her form perfectly. It was modest and immodest, the same. It showed a bit of cleavage, and a bit of leg up one side. Against the dress she seemed pale.

(Um think of her Princess gown only black and a darker red and with my adjustments)

A brush was nearby, along with elbow length gloves and heels to go with. Last was a silver locket, engraved with an R, for Rei. After a good brushing and the slipping of shoes and necklace on she gazed at herself. * Wow, * she thought, * all you need to add is the black Mars sign and there you go* ironically she smiled, thinking of the silly thought of back to the Black Moon Kingdom. Yes she missed those days. And yet it seemed save for the Jadeite vision there was no evil in this world. The Sailor Scouts had grown and Crystal Tokyo would come as soon as the world slept for the new age.

She stood up and left her room going down the long corridors once more till she found herself at the staircase again. Down there Draco and Lucius played chess, a different one from the likes of that she knew. Her father seemed to gasp, then shake his head as if deciding stuff. * Probably helping Lucius. * She smiled. Wizards or whatever they were could be quite odd.

With her brilliant violet eyes shinning she made her way down. Click. Clack. Click. Clack. And so on went her tiny shoes. Eyes were on her she smirked, she loved attention, and then it reminded her of her concert her big début to the music company. Her song could have been sent to a big star and sang by them.

She scowled. Her father mirrored it as he saw it.

"You look wonderful, but why the scowl?" he questioned.

"No reason, though I'd like to know how I ended up in Diagon Alley." She answered.

"What were you doing before then?" Lucius questioned with interest at the fiery girl.

"Like I should tell you." She saw the frowns from Lucius and Arthur, "I was singing at my big début for Japans music records." She answered sighing.

"What were you singing?"

"Oh Starry Night." She answered harshly they were beginning to annoy her.

She crossed her arms, and Draco behind the two men mirrored her as he mimicked "Oh Starry Night" she chanted quietly and threw a charm at his head with precise aim. The men didn't seem to notice.

"I'd like to hear it sometime. A verse must have been an incantation that helped with travel, thankfully you made it back to where you belong."

Oh if he only knew.

" Now if you'd wait here a second I'll go see if he's ready." Arthur said exiting through two doors, locking them behind him.

Rei went the rest of the way down and plopped herself in front of a fireplace.

She ignored Lucius who tried to start a conversation, as she began to chant sun… … …

She then went into another trance in front of the fire.

"Oh Great brother fire of those from one as sacred I ask thee to answer thy question..."

"Fire Princess I will tell you all you know. Evil will be afoot, an enemy from the past and one in time, only you Princess can win this time…"

She snapped back to reality, time barely went by.

" I say if you stare too long at the fire you will be sure to go blind. Now if you'd kindly take the charm off Draco's head it'd be greatly appreciated." Lucius' voice broke through.

She took the charm off, not wanting to be forced like last time.

"About time, you are quite the bitch aren't you-"

"Draco!" Lucius scolded.

Draco gave a look that said, you-won't-get-away-with-this!

At that moment Arthur entered the great hall again.

"He is ready."

She scowled a bit. He, he who?

She walked in, the doors locking automatically, she tried for measure opening the door but it didn't work. She turned around. In the room a chair with a large back sat in front of a fireplace, not to many other things furnished the room, save for the chair and various knick-knacks of dark scale.

"Hello?" her voice seemed to carry soft, sweet through to the room.

A cold voice filled the room. "Rei Hino, how good to finally meet you… I've heard so much about you. Seems you've got to a rough start with Mr. Hino. Hmm well, family don't always get along-"

She interrupted; of course she didn't know whom she was talking to, so she obviously didn't care. "I `hate' to interrupt but I don't even know who you are and I don't even know if I should care." The cold voice chuckled.

A swirling of light emitted from the chair, a form slowly got up. It was taller than her, with messy black hair, green eyes, dreamy eyes *Wait I don't even know him and I'm saying dreamy eyes!!! *

He chuckled she hand to admit he was handsome. "I am Lord Voldemort, but to you I'm Tom, Tom Riddle." he held his hand out. Rei went to shake it, but his ended up kissing her palm. "Arthur told me many things about you. Though he didn't tell me that you were beautiful." She blushed.

"Well, not really…" she mumbled.

He ignored that. With her hand still in his he led her to the chair he sat in before. He pushed her slightly into it. Then conjured up a much smaller one next to hers. "Now I hear you were performing er… before you ended up in Diagon alley, am I correct?" she nodded.

There was something about him, her psyche seemed to be clouded as she gazed through his eyes.

"Now as I understand it you'd like to understand how you ended up there, well, I have a special pool that can help. A gazing pool for past events, it'll take us through your eyes up till you appeared at the manor."

"Uh wait how about, just before the fight." She said quickly.

"Ah, Ah, Ah now to understand we must see everything" she nodded meekly.

"Don't worry," he added in his soft yet cold in some ways voice, " Your secrets if any are in good hands, I will keep them for you. Though you've must have heard that many times considering your beauty and intelligence." Here he was complimenting her over and over and all she could do was nod and stare into his eyes. She was so mesmerized by them.

Then out of all the time in the world her communicator went off. Tom annoyed by this turned it off. Before she could berate him, he pulled her into a kiss, to shut her up. Yes, plans were going accordingly.

…A maiden of great power will be the end of evil or the very essence when… love… evil…great power…

The fates at Rei's birth had entranced a secret ceremony to find the maiden upon pureblood wizarding families. Rei they had found was the one, they did not know how but she was the one who could either break or make his fall. If she began to become faithful to her father then he, Lord Voldemort may have a chance in using her power for the world's enslavement of his `mercy'.

Though if Rei should see him as he really was she might on not be as trusting. Only this form would not stay long…

They pulled apart. She nearly smacked him, but as he said "The pool," he said waving his wand and revealing a pool of clear blue water in a dish, clear it-self, she had forgotten for the moment.

And just like he said the events from the beginning of the concert till she appeared here happened. Even the vision in Diagon alley was shown.

"So… what can you tell me?" Rei asked.

"Well for starters you have quite a nasty stubborn streak." She scowled and crossed her arms looking away. (A/N: He has a sense of humor! Oy! *sweatdrops*)

"Magic, though you knew that from the beginning, "Oh starry night" was the magic words."

She nodded. The he asked, "Now what about that vision, who were those people?"

"I'm sorry I can't tell. If I did anyone who knew could be trouble for you…"

Tom let out a cold laugh. "Don't worry… No one can hurt Lord Voldemort…"

She still wasn't satisfied with this. "No, only if I feel it's right, maybe someday…"

"Yes, someday, remember Rei, no one has lived to tell the tale of troubling Lord Voldemort…" He added silently to himself, that was part true; Harry Potter was the troubles of the statement. Though Rei had already met him…

He then disappeared and she got up and walked briskly towards the door, something wasn't right about Tom, Lord Voldemort. This time the doors unlocked and she walked out and shut the door behind her.

Arthur and Lucius this time played the chess. Draco observed. It was as if they had nothing better to do. They looked up.

"Well?" Arthur questioned his daughter.

"Tom told me it was magic that brought me here. Of course though, it would have to be magic," then she added," I'm sure none of you have ever done a day of hard work -without wands- in your life. So it would be easy for you to understand that it was magic."

"He has you calling him Tom?" Lucius asked incredibly. Their master was up to something.

"Of course. He knows how to act, well `dignified' with a lady, unlike people around here."

Draco knowing it was mainly pointing towards him, frowned.

Rei walked towards the stairs. "Where are you going?" Arthur questioned.

"Really," she sighed, "I'm going to bed. A girl can't get some rest. I mean it was night at "my" concert!" she mumbled more to herself and made her way up to her room.

"Draco I'll have Erwin escort you to your room, it next to Rei's room, just to say." Arthur informed.

"What! Next to that-that!"

Draco!" Lucius warned, he pulled Draco aside, "You'll get to know her or else. I'll talk to you later tonight." He whispered.

Erwin appeared and took an angered, but slightly intrigued, Draco to his room.

~~~

Rei had just transformed again. She had remembered the incident where her communicator was ignored when he pulled her into a kiss. Something was wrong in that room. She wasn't herself, with Tom, no Voldemort, that's what she would call him.

She had to get back to Diagon Alley. There was a way, but it had not been perfected: A single Sailor Teleport.

She quickly slipped on a cloak from in her room.

"Super Sailor Teleport!!"

She cried out with her arms in a meditative position. Her whole body glowed Red then disappeared. Reappearing in Diagon alley only there it would be 7:00 dinnertime. Perhaps the three she saw before would be there. Maybe she could get answers.

Seeing the entrance she walked to it and opened the door.

~~~

End of Chapter 1: When you're something else

Um before I mentioned the Serena insane thing, well the vision's a hint. It's not so much Serena bashing, but a part of the plot. Everything I wrote is part of a bigger part, so much as it seemed wasn't given away.

I have no idea how long it will be. I hope as long as I can get it, rating will be uped momentarily. For very good reasons.

Please Review!!!!

R.B.N.**