Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Dad, what are you going to do? All that money could have been used to buy a better Zoid or, I can't believe I'm saying this, a big shiny new weapon."

Leena and Doc are stuck making dinner when Jamie and Leon walk in and sit at the table. "When's dinner dad, I'm starving."

Leena turns around looking agitated, "Dad isn't the only one cooking here. I don't see you helping so it will be ready when it is ready." Big sweat drops show up on Leon and Jamie. "Any ways, where's Bit, it's almost 7 o'clock, you said he left for a run with the Liger four hours ago."

"Don't know, maybe he got lost. He may be a great Zoid pilot, but sometimes he is a total idiot." Leon gets up and starts setting out bowls.

After Leon sits down, Leena starts putting pots and pans of food on the table. After everyone else sits down she walks to the door. "I don't feel so good, I'm going to lay down." She turns and walks out of the room.

Doc still looking at his food says, "Her room is the other way, why couldn't she just tell the truth and say she is going to wait for Bit."

They continue to eat as Leena walks into the hanger and is surprised to see Bit is there sitting on the Liger's paw. "Didn't hear you come back." She walks over and sits on another claw next to him.

"Didn't want anyone to, I wanted to be alone, you can stay though." They just sit there looking into the desert both looking sad on the outside and totally confused on the inside.

Though already knowing the answer, Leena just wanted him to say something. "Why did you go to Brad and Naomi's when you went out?"

Bit sort of jerks up and looks at her confused. "How did you know I went out there?"

"Well where else would you go being gone for so long? But seriously, Naomi called me and told me."

Bit still didn't relax, "Did she say anything else?"

"Its my phone call, any ways we both know why you went to talk to Brad." Bit looks at her and then back at the ground. They stay like this for a good ten minuets before Leena says something. "I better go help clean up dinner." She got up seeing it the fake leaving trick Naomi pulled on Brad would work the same way with Bit.

Bit looks up as she starts walking. "There is enough people in the kitchen to clean up… you don't have to leave if you don't want to."

Leena stopped, walked back to Bit, and sits down again. Neither of them were aware that as they sat there, Leon, Jamie, and Doc were watching from behind the corner.

"Well, that's sort of a move, asking her to stay with him. What do you think dad?"

"Your mother was just like Leena, pretending to leave just to get me to say something to her."

"I really don't believe we should be spying on them like this. It's their lives and if they want our help, they will ask for it." Jamie gets up from crouching on the ground and walks away.

"Well she's my only daughter and I want her to be happy." Leon grabs him by his arm and drags him away.

Bit and Leena are still sitting on the Liger not talking, not even looking at each other. "Oh..."

"Ya..." He looks over at her just as she looks at him. They both smile and start to laugh. "So..." He looks over and see her hand just sitting on the claw next to him. He couldn't help himself anymore. He glances out at the desert and sees she does the same thing. He slowly reaches over and puts his hand on top of hers.

Leena feels her heart speed up, she flips her hand over and lets her fingers intertwine with his. Doc has gotten away from Leon and saw the whole thing.

Jamie is back in the lounge with Leon when Doc comes busting in. He has run from the hanger to the lounge happy as when they had won the Royal Cup.

Jamie looks up from his book, "What's wrong Doc?"

"What's wrong, nothing! Bit finally made a move! He finally made the real first move!"

"WHAT! Are you sure, what did he do?"

"The better question is what did Leena do."

"Well they were still sitting there when I looked and he put his hand on hers. Then to even my surprise, she flipped her hand over and they held hands. It may be a small thing, but its a first."

"Dad, you really over reacted on this, don't you think Jamie?"

"Not really. Leena and Bit have never even said or done anything to shows they liked the other when they were in the same room."

Back in the base about five minuets ago, Leena lets her fingers intertwine with Bit's.

'Did she really just do that?' Bit thinks as he lets his fingers tangle with hers. 'What should I do now, I know' He pulls her hand up to his face and kisses it gently. Bit turns his whole body to face her and Leena does the same thing. 'Should I kiss her, will she let me?'

'Is he going to kiss me? Please Bit, don't be like Brad' Bit stares at Leena for a few seconds then lets go of her hand and walks out into the desert.

* * *

Naomi puts her arms around Brad's chair and lays her head on his shoulder. He was working on a strategy for their upcoming battle, but he was happy to take the needed break. "Figure out anything good?"

Besides the fact we have no chance and pray they don't mess up the Gun Sniper and Shadow Fox too badly, no. So what do you want to do today?" He gets up out of the chair and stands behind Naomi with his arms around her shoulders.

She leans back on him. "I think our two love birds need a helping hand. Leena called me and told me that he was about to kiss her, but walked away, just like you." Brad began to hug her and then rocked them back and forth.

"Are you ever going to let that go, I was nerves, but I did face you two days later."

"And I'm glad you did." She tilts up her head, kisses him on the cheek, and walks to the door. "I'll be in my Gun Sniper. We should leave now so we get there by noon." She walks away with Brad following close behind.

* * *

"Naomi, you should have called." Leena noticed the Gun Sniper and Shadow Fox on the radar so she went out to meet them. She arrived just as Naomi and Brad parked and hopped down from their Zoids. "I would have saved you some lunch."

"Don't sweat it." She walks over and stand by Leena. "Brad, why don't you go talk with the guys, Leena and I need to talk."

Brad walks over to Naomi, kisses her lightly on her left cheek, and walks into the Blitz team base.

"You are so lucky to have him."

"Ya, last night, right after you hung you, I was snuggling next to him on the couch. When I got up to make dinner, he pulled me back saying he was perfectly happy just like that."

"That's what I felt when Bit held my hand last night. I only wish he would have kissed me. I'm staring to wonder if he really like me."

Naomi puts her hand on Leena's shoulder, "Wasn't he the one who asked you to stay with him when he wanted to be alone, didn't he put his hand on yours? Do you really thing that he doesn't like you?"

"Your right. I have faith in this. The problem is even thought they think they are hidden, I have seen Leon and my dad spying on us. I want to do something, but not when they are looking. Could you please talk to Brad and see if he could get them to stop?"

"Sure, lets go see what everyone else is doing."

Okay, but I need to show you something I found on the computer first."

At the same time Bit and Brad were in the lounge. "You walked away from her! Don't you remember me telling you how much I regretted walking away when Naomi first kissed me?"

"Yes, and now I know why. I kissed her hand once, but I just anted more. Her eyes just cut right through me and made me think that she deserved better than me."

"Here's what we are going to do. All four of us are going to go out for a run. There's a really nice spot only 15 minuets away. Naomi and I use to go there all the time. We go there and Naomi and I will make an excuse to leave you two alone. This time don't run away." Just then Leena and Naomi walk in laughing about something. Brad walks over to Naomi and quickly briefs her in on the plan, making sure Leena didn't hear him. He walks back to Bit and nods slightly.

"Since we are all here and there is nothing to do, why don't the four of us go for a run. What do you think Leena?"

Sounds good to me, okay with you two?"

"Let's go, the day is young." The four of them head to the hanger and climb into their Zoids They run in silence for ten minuets before Naomi pops up on Brad's screen. "I know where you are taking us now. Is he regretting walking away?"

"A lot, he actually thinks she is too good from him."

"Well she is confused on whether he likes her or not. How are we going to get away?"

"Just wait." When they arrive Brad and Naomi stop their Zoids and immediately jump down. They are on a large cliff over looking a lake and forest. Bit and Leena both hop down and walk over to the other two.

"We've only been running for a little bit."

"Naomi and I need to go check something we left here two years ago. You two stay here, we'll be back in a little while." Brad winks at Bit and he and Naomi walk to the side of the cliff and continue down it disappearing from sight.

They stand there for a few seconds before Leena got bored. She walks over to the end of the cliff and sits down, letting her feet dangle over the end.

'You can't repeat what happened last night.' Bit swallows his fear and walks over to her. He stands next to her for a minuet before sitting down. Looking over the cliff and never looking at her he says, "I want to apologize for yesterday. I should have done something different." He looks up at her to see her piercing eyes gazing into his.

"Done what different, I don't understand"

"I should have done this." He puts her hand on her soft cheek, leans forward and kisses her.

"Finally, I bet he was just dying to do that." Naomi and Brad had been watching from a ledge a little bit off.

"Yes he was, I know the feeling."

"Lets go down to the lake, Leena said she hated the fact her dad was spying on her. I defiantly don't want to be doing it too."

They got to the lake quicker than they expected to. They sat down on an old log. "So, how long do you think we should leave those two alone?" Naomi just looks at him. He knew exactly what she was going to say. "all right, we'll wait until they are ready to leave."

"What did you leave here tow years ago?" asks Naomi as she snuggles up against Brad.

"Well it was the day after we were attacked by the Desert Storm gang. Well, I was really confused so I came here to think. It was then I left any chance of loving anyone else. That's what I left here."

Naomi sits up and look deeply in his love filled eyes. "Leenas right, I am so lucky to have you. Her eyes start to water as she looks into his again, into the endless love they showed. He kisses her forehead and draws her close. She lays her head on his chest and starts to sob. Brad holds her tighter hoping this moment would never end.

As Bit kisses her, Leena feels herself melt. His lips on hers and his gentle hand on her cheek. 'You idiot, kiss him back.' So she does, savoring every moment of it. When Bit finally pulls back, a life time goes by before either of them move. "I've been waiting forever for you to do that." She looks at him still wondering what will happen next.

"I've been waiting forever to do that. I never wanted to walk away yesterday, it was just that I was scared and didn't know what to do." He realizes his hand is still on her face. She realizes this too and places hers on top of it. He leans forward and kisses her again hoping Brad and Naomi would never come back.

________________________________________________________________ _____

Disclaimer: I don't own Zoids and I didn't put anything new in except Avril.

Okay, my 96 year old grandma had gone into the hospital the day I wrote this and I really needed something to cheer me up. There is a battle in the next chapter so be happy. Oh ya, it turned out she only had fluid in her lungs from taking the wrong medication. She is fine now and will be 97 in April. She still lives by herself and can barley speak English.(Who am I kidding, I can't understand a word she says. She only speaks Polish except for a few words. I have to ask my dad, who is pure Polish and didn't learn English until he was 6 what she says. ^_^;;