Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ In Your Memory ❯ Never gonna say it ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: wow..my first Zoid GF fic...okay my first Zoid anything fic. I've been watching all three versions for about a year now...maybe more. I plan to continue this, but I'm still working out where this should go. I have a pretty clear idea though so don't worry! Anyway, enjoy!floated down softly to fall gently on the shoulders of the young man sitting on the stone bench. The garden around him had a magical quality to it tonight, stars above shining seeming brighter on the flowers and their lone friend. The air was warm, a cool breeze making it just right as it ruffled the golden wheat of the young mans hair. Not a cloud was in sight yet tear drops of water splashed forlornly on the flagstone the bench sat on. Tears still gently flowed down those dusky cheeks. The man let them go, lost in the too clear moments of his life. Shining green eyes were sparkling and beautiful with tears, but the pain in them was almost too much. Yes, he was a young man but he felt so much older. He clenched his hands tighter around the picture frame he held, refusing to meet the gaze of the one in the picture, holding on for just one more moment to the wish that it wasn't true, but he knew it was.Thomas."We can't just sit here and do nothing!" Van slammed his fist down on the ornate desk , sending carefully stacked papers flying.Van! Just calm down, we won't do any good if we go off half cocked." Moonbaya comforting hand of Vans shoulder, feeling him give slightly beneath her gentle touch. " That's it, just relax." She gasped slightly as his shoulders began to shake, dark spots appearing on the desk he was still bent over. He was finally crying.wrapped her arms warmly around Vans chest, leaning her forehead between his shoulder blades. A whisper of his name barely reached his ears, her head firmly nuzzled against him. Tears continued to fall, sliding from pained dark eyes. He wanted so much for things to go back to the way they were this morning, before, scratch that, before last week, when they were all together. He couldn't have that, so why couldn't he have justice at least. It may not bring him back but it would mean he didn't die in vain.I want to finish what he started. It's the only thing I can do.." His voice was soft, but the tone was deadly defiant to anyone who would contradict him.Va..!"Has anyone seen Karl?" Everyone spun, none having notice the entrance of the newcomer. Rob Herman stood in the doorway, shoulders still back, standing tall as normal, but his eyes were older looking, sadder. He took in the small gathering in the room in one glance, his heart heavy. Van looked ready to scream or faint, or both, Fiona still had her head buried in his back, holding on tighter as if afraid she would lose him too if she let go. Moonbay stood not far from those two, blinking back her own sadness, arms wrapped about herself. Rob blinked, eyes searching for the last member of the group, at this thought his heart grew even heavier. Stepping into the room he found who he was looking for, the man sitting in the open window absently handling the small device in his hands. He recognized it as the one thing that had been found, why Irvine had it he didn't know.one answered his question, truth be told he didn't need them to, he could see the very man in question in the garden beyond the walls of the room looking to the sky. Absently Rob reached up to adjust the black band around his left biceps. A bittersweet smile danced about his lips, ' You thought no one cared. What would you say to this Thomas?'.Let him be Herman," Rob was shook out of his thoughts and drawn to the till then silent Irvine, " he needs to be alone right now."I know Irvine, but he also needs to accept this." Something flew past Herman ear to hit the wall with a thud.Accept this? He just lost his brother Herman! Thomas was his little brother, and he only found out today. Give him time."rose from his position and crossed the room, stopping only to pick up the little black device that Thomas had always worn. He stood for a moment running his thumb along the surface before turning and leaving the room. Maybe Rob did have the right idea, but it should be someone who could relate.didn't hear the other mans approach, too lost in thought now. Only when someone sat beside him did he come back to the present. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Irvine, the man leaning back with his head turned to the sky. For a moment the two sat in silence, understanding somehow passing between them. Irvine finally sighed and blinked back a few stray tears from the combined memories of long ago and the friend he had lost now.understand." The soft words were filled with empathy.How could you?" Karl didn't mean the statement to bite, but he didn't know who he could know how he felt right now. Then again he realized how little he really knew about him.A long time ago I lost my sister. We were just kids then." Irvine looked lost in memory, but he was all to aware of the present too. He found it hard to believe he was sharing this with the man sitting beside him. Only a few of his friends knew, and the Colonel beside him was the one of the last people he thought he would ever tell. " She got sick, we couldn't get the cure in time."a long time silence fell on them again. Irvine didn't think the colonel was going to respond, and didn't really expect him tooAt least you got to be there for her." His voice was no more than a whisper, wieghed down by pain, longing, a wish he couldn't ever have.Take your time Karl, but you have to learn to live again too."turned his gaze back to the stars, imagining he could see his brothers face amongst the glow. In the back of his mind he found it odd that the person who would comfort him would be the normally cocky mercenary that was always at odds with his little brother. Guilt suddenly hit him, though not pushing out any pain.I feel guilty, there were so many others killed, but I..."Stop it." Irvine commanded. " There are other families mourning their lost loved ones too. Don't beat yourself up for only thinking about your brother right now. You know he would be jumping down you throat right now if he caught you sulking." Irvine let out a little chuckle. " Then go off on some rant about the Imperial army or Guardian Force. Then turn on me with some reason I shouldn't be doing something." He laughed softly as he thought of all the times Thomas and he had argued about the Guardian Force, or Thomas going on about how great they were. He never thought he would miss that.felt the ghost of a smile touch his lips, slowly turning genuine as he remembered all the times his little brother had done something like that. Remembering how he would always slip up and call him 'big bro' or Karl when he was supposed to address him as a superior officer. The stars light seemed brighter now, clearer. Tears were still filling his eyes and falling softly down his cheeks but they were coming easier now, not so painful. ' Someday little brother, someday, I'll see you again.'Hmm. Huh?" Karl looked down as something was pressed into his palm. He was suprised to see the little black device that linked Thomas to Beek resting there. Meeting Irvines eyes he smiled his thanks. " Come on Irvine, we can't have a member of the Guardian Force catching cold now can we?"Don't you start."two men rose and began to walk back to the base. Karl stopped suddenly, turning and walking back to the bench. He picked up the small picture that lay there turning his gaze upwards in silent prayer before looking down into his brothers smiling face.