Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ resurrected soul ❯ Past comes to Present ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: You know the drill; I don't own anything in this fanfic except my idea…blah blah blah, always the same no matter how you do it.

Maybe this chapter will have the characters acting a bit unlike themselves but all in the story ^_~.

**** = End/beginning of chapter.

****

Resurrected Soul chapter 2:

Past comes to Present.

****

Raven and his organoid Shadow trekked along the narrow ledge of a small mountain. "Shadow, why couldn't you have come here by yourself? It's not that scary is it?" asked Raven. Earlier that day, Raven had sent Shadow out to find some food in the nearby mountains, Shadow had come home shivering and there was frost all over him. "Really Shadow there isn't anything to be afraid of, there is nothing here, just rocks and trees. You are such a coward sometimes," exclaimed Raven. Chink…. chink…chink…chink… The sound of a rock came echoing out of a small cave, "What was that? There must be something in there. Let's go in and see!" raven said to Shadow. Shadow stayed back refusing to budge. Slowly Shadow edged away from the opening, shaking. "Come on Shadow, it won't hurt you. It's probably just a wild animal." Raven shouted back to Shadow. Shadow still refused to move.

A short time later…

Raven dragged shadow deeper into the cave. A very frustrated Raven shouted at Shadow, "Why won't you move you stupid piece of metal junk. I want to find out what made that noise." Shadow shook hard and started to back away. "What is it Shado…" Raven was looking at Shadow's body. With a horrified look on his face he turned around.

****

Meanwhile…

Van and Irvine lay on their backs looking up at the sky. They were all tired and hungry. Only around a day ago they were all sitting around a small campfire, near the edge of a forest, with a stream nearby and eating delicious food. Now they were all hungry, thirsty, tired, dirty and in the middle of nowhere. Van was thinking about the strange voices he had heard. `What could they mean, is there danger nearby? Maybe I should ask everyone else when we find some place to rest.' Van thought. Irvine lay next to him in a deep sleep. Moonbay was driving, Fiona sitting next to her, both singing again but softer this time after the last argument. The Sun was setting in the west, showering the giant hills of sand in a deep orange glow. The carrier drew to a sudden stop; Van and Irvine both flew off their comfortable position on top of the Blade Liger and the Command Wolf. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR, WE'RE TRYING TO REST HERE!!!!!" Irvine and Van shouted together. Moonbay hopped out of the cockpit, "It's just those mountains over there, I thought I heard something come from them, like a scream." "And…" Van said absentmindedly. "Those mountains form the Kabolin range. There are many rumours surrounding that place, they all talk about this strange thing there that scares the heck out of anyone who sees it. Most of them say it's a ghost others say it's a Zoid. No one lives there mainly because every one is afraid of it," explained Fiona. Van suddenly looked excited, "Cool, we could go there, great adventure, a resting spot and probably quite a bit of food!" "Is that all you think about Van Flyheight? Food and sleep?" questioned Irvine, "I would have expected something different from a lieutenant." Van didn't hear the insult, he was in the carrier waiting for Moonbay to start driving.

****

The mountains of Kabolin Range loomed overhead. Van had conveniently fallen asleep as soon as they had started. Fiona was wide-awake but just sat there in the same position for the whole trip. Irvine has become restless and decided to have some fun with a marker and Van. Moonbay was too busy with the directions and driving to pay attention. Van immediately woke up when they hit the rocky roads to the top of the mountain. "Err… I'm a bit confused," said Irvine "If no one likes coming here, why are there dirt tracks leading to the top?" Fiona answered, "That's just it, no one knows because no one has really gone far into the mountains. I remember hearing something about it… but… I can't remember." Everyone else: -_-`.

****

At a large outcrop in one of the narrow ledges stood a small wooden hut. Van and his friends walked up the narrow path leading to the hut. "Another thing," asked Irvine, "if no one has come here then why is there a hut here?" Fiona answered, "I don't really know," Van rushed to the door and knocked. An old lady came to the door. "Dan?" she asked. "No, I'm Van and these are my friends Irvine, Fiona and Moonbay. My father was Dan though." Van replied. "Ah… that would be my mistake, come in Van, it must be cold out there." The old lady showed them inside.

****

The hut was cosy but not too well assorted. The furniture was placed all over the room, but at least they could sit somewhere. "I am Annelida, I live up here as the guardian of the mountain, what brings you people here?" she asked. Fiona asked "Well we were wondering if you knew anything about the `thing' that dwells here and scares away so many people?" "Well yes, I can tell you some things about it…"

(FLASHBACK)

"Annelida, you don't have to follow me, there is nothing for me to be afraid of here."

"But haven't you heard the rumours, Dan, of that wild beast that lives here?"

"Of course I have but do you think I would believe them? They don't prove anything, and besides if there is then I won't be scared of it, I'm one of the best Zoid pilots around, I don't need to be scared."

"But Dan! You need some help out there, you don't even know where you are going!"

"Well ok then but just don't get into trouble ok?"

"Ok"

They are walking along a small ledge.

Chink…chink…chink…chink…

"Hmmm… the only way there could be the sound of a rock falling is if there is something there to make it fall, I'm going to go into that cave and explore."

"Are you sure Dan? It might be dangerous!"

"Annelida, you don't have to worry, I'll be alright."

"Well I'm going with you."

They go into a small cave, a far bit into the cave.

"Sure is damp in here, isn't it Annelida"

"…"

"What's wrong?"

"B-behind y-you!"

Dan turns around.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"

(END FLASHBACK)

"We came running out and we never went in there again. That was the last I saw of your father, he left the place and never came back, too afraid he might see the beast or whatever it was again." Finished Annelida. "Wow, all that happened?" Moonbay questioned. "Yes, it all happened a few years before your father died in battle. They also say that the happenings come in an order, every 15 to 20 years it appears again, like a hibernation period between each sighting. Hmm… a few days ago, I remember seeing a young boy with some sort of dinosaur heading towards a cave. Then a few hours later I heard a scream. He might have seen the beast, but I didn't see the boy or his dinosaur come back." Said Annelida. Van thought for a moment then something clicked. "Raven! That boy sounds like Raven, he might still be there. We have got to go find him!" shouted Van. "Are you feeling ok Van? He's supposed to be your enemy." Irvine pointed out. "He may be my enemy but I have to save him it's just not right to leave him there. And my father would have wanted me to." Van said.

****

"It was this ledge right? This was the one the boy was walking along wasn't it?" asked Fiona. "Yes this is the one, and that would be the cave." "We'll split up and check for them around the entrance, they would've at least run a far bit up, closer to the entrance of the cave." They all split up each taking a different path. Van and Zeke took a path together. Not very far in they saw 2 bodies, one of an organoid and another of a boy. "GUYS, I FOUND THEM!!" shouted Van. Raven looked up at Van. "Big…monster…ghost…" then he slumped down unconscious.

****

Authors note.

My next chapter done! I'm so happy, not many ppl hav reviewed yet cos I only put this up last night. Well keep reading and review guys!

Leni