Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Zoids Chaotic Century ❯ New Revelations ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zoids X-Treme Chaotic Century

Chapter One: Opening Revelations

*************

5 months later...

*************

Throughout the scorching desert plain, where not many people live and the only ones that actually do live in the desert are junk dealers and "Zoid Vultures" as some would call these people that like to scavenge parts of broken down zoids.

A red hot sun was beating down its rays down on the desert, shining so brightly with a cool wind blowing to brush off the scorching sand and rolls with the flow of the water.

Across the dune desert plain, a small house that is not to big but just the right size for just a couple of people with a big building type garage behind it. One figure emerged from the house and walked into the garage carrying a large box with machine parts.

In the garage, an enormous zoid is seen and the one building on it is a tall middle-age man with a light tan face wearing sunglasses and a paradise looking shirt. He also had his ruby-red hair straight up with the back of it in a ponytail and was busily working. The figure that emerged in the garage was a teenage girl and immediately dropped the box.

The man heard the loud crash and turned away from his work to see what happened,

"Lani! Be careful with that stuff! Those are irreplaceable zoid parts that we found! Remember mon?" the man spoke loud in a Jamaican accent.

The girl named Lani looks at him with an annoyed look as to say she knows what's she is doing, "Of course I know that, Tido! Don't get all bent about it! Jeez!"

Lani Castov, a 17-year-old girl with big plans for zoids. When it comes to it, she knows all there is to know about zoids and customizing them. Her partner, Tido, was the one who taught her everything she needs to know about them. Lani has long brown hair on one side the other side was blue, and had little pigtails coming from the top of her head with her goggles she always wears.

She also wears a black choker around her neck and a shirt that has a skull printed on it, even though the desert is hot she still wears a jacket and baggy pants. Lani climbed up the ladder to meet up with Tido who is into working a zoid he has been for these past months. She looked at it in marvel of this zoid,

"Tido, you do wonders with zoids!" she said in quiet mood. The zoid that Tido was building on gave a low growl in approval also, Lani laughed, knowing what it said,

"He says thank you" Tido looked at her and laughed also,

"Well tell him that he is welcome man".

Tido has known of Lani's powers to communicate with zoids and has always wondered how she got such a gift. "Well I wouldn't really call it a gift Tido....just a natural talent that I have used all my life". Tido gave another smirk and laugh to Lani, "Well I don't usually come across people that have 'natural talent' that can actually understand the zoid but I'm glad I met one of you!" He gave another hearty laugh and Lani joined in also.

After the final touch up he stepped back and looked at the zoid,

"Well what do you think ma good buddy?" the zoid gave a loud roar in gladness and Tido smiled proudly,

"Hey! You didn't get a chance to look at the zoid you found 2 days ago? Why not fix it up?" Lani completely forgot and almost went into a frantic run and ran down the ladder to the workshop in the corner.

Upon the metal table was a large organoid type zoid that had its chest opened already with wires and cable modems to get it started. Lani got her tools out and started working the inside of its chest, she put on magnified glasses so she can see better through the mechanical beasts wiring and started tinkering on the inside.

After the last wire that was plugged in, Lani looked back and gave the thumbs up to start the generator to bring back this organoid; Tido saw the signal and pushed the button. A surge of lightning was traveling through the cords and into the metal beast chests. A wave of power was filling the air and nearly knocked Lani down. After a brief moment of pause, the organoid suddenly stood straight up, which shocked Lani and Tido.

"ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

The gold organoid was roaring loudly and suddenly jumped from the table and rammed against Lani,

"LANI!"

Tido ran towards his fallen friend but the organoid was blocking his path and sitting on top of Lani's chest, growling lowly. Lani looked at Tido to give him a reassuring face that she was ok and was not afraid; she looked sternly at the creature in the red eyes as it was still sitting on her stomach and growling with teeth gleaming brightly.

After a short period of time, the organoid suddenly stopped growling and immediately lifted itself up from Lexis's stomach, those red eyes that was staring at her menacing turned green with a confused looked,

"Oh my you look weird? Do you actually dress yourself?" Tido's mouth was hanging wide open with a stupefied look; a very smart remark actually came from the mouth of an organoid!

Lani however took that seriously and whacked the organoid upside the large head, "Well it seems my new invention has a few bugs inside of him...." in a sarcastic voice she went to the organoid and flipped an open hatched to the memory bank and adjusted a few glitches.

Tido's mouth was still hanging and staring at what just happened, Lani took a quick glance from her work and just gave him a coolly smug smile.

"Its not that bad Tido, I just made a few alterations to make an organoid actually talk.....took a few minutes to boot it up to his system....that's why I didn't let you worry about when Ansem jumped me"

He shook his head to clear all his thoughts and walked up to her to see the very tall and big organoid up close with a confused expression,

"Ansem?" She looked back with an annoyed look again, "Yes Ansem! That's what I named him! Is that a problem, Tido?" She gave him a questioning glance.

"No, I guess not hahaha....here let me help with the tools." Tido gave her a smirk and handed her the tools, throughout the night, both partners were working together until the stars in the sky started blinking.

***************

Nighttime

***************

Two moons were shown tonight and a silent howl of the wind was whisking away through the sand and a couple of night animals were heard outside. Inside of the house, the room right across from Tido suddenly opens itself and a dark figure silently tiptoes out of the room and makes its way down the stairs to before it could reach the doorknob a voice was heard in the dark,

"Leaving so soon without a goodbye kiss mon?"

The light flicked on and Tido was leaning against the railing of the door. Lani was dressed in a long cloak and hood with a big backpack filled with machine parts and essentials she needed on where she was going, she let out a sigh and turned to face Tido,

"Tido, I know I should have told you but I have to.... Its nothing personal, I mean I love hanging with you and customizing zoids.....you were like a father to me! But there is more to life than just searching the desert for parts and living in the middle of nowhere.... I want to see different cities, people everything! I hope you understand Tido.."

She lowered her gaze down to the floor and heard his footsteps leave the room and she almost welled up in tears till she heard the footsteps come back and felt a hand was on her shoulder.

She looked up with tears in her eyes and saw that it was a beautifully customized made necklace with a small azure gem and a dragon wrapping its self around it. He put it around her neck and smiled brightly;

"The dragon will be your protector through out your journey and make sure you don't lose it mon."

Lani couldn't express her self more as to this gift her friend and father figure gave her, without a second thought she jumped into his arms with a long, lasting hug of their relationship. After a short brief moment they walked outside of the house and Ansem was waiting outside for her, as she was getting closer to Ansem she slowly hesitates to jump on his back and looks back at Tido.

Tido was standing by the house and waving at her, "Don't hold back! Go and explore the world together mon!" He gave her a big grin on his face, which made her laugh and nodded her head in response. She jumped onto Ansem's back and in full speed they were flying over the sand, to Tido's sight he only saw her in a black dot then vanished. He sighed and just before he went back inside he looked into the stars and whispered to himself as he went inside.

"Lani...many wonders will open your life to new revelations"

TBC....