Fan Fiction ❯ And So it Goes ❯ Loss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Loss~
 
 
 
Someone was screaming; a high-pitched, bone-rattling sound. Everything was pitch black and blinding at the same time. Pain and unsettling grief hung in the atmosphere, a gruesome miasma.

And there was death. Rae could feel it suffocating her, poisoning her. It seeped into the very marrow of her bones and turned them to ice.

She was screaming. Screaming because there was nothing else, nothing other than the desire to hold on. Because if she let go everything would shatter and fall apart, leaving not a trace in its wake except darkness.

There was more noise: talking. Frantic voices, pleading with her to let go. But she didn't. She only screamed.

She felt them, prying fingers pulling at her, forcing her away. She struggled; she couldn't go. But they were stronger. Her grip on everything that mattered loosened and fell away.

It was gone; she was alone. The shrill scream gave way to sobs. The undiluted pain tore at her, ripped tears from her eyes and sobs from her throat just as her heart was torn from her being.

It was over. Death had won.
 
 
~^^-_-^^~
 
Thank you, Snowy & Cookie!
 
Disclaimer: This story is a product of my imagination. Any and all similarities between real people/places are coincidence.