Fan Fiction ❯ Belonging ❯ Moonless Walk ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Wow Sora. Pretty unbelieveable dream you had,” giggled Kairi. We were sitting down to lunch and I just told her about the dream I had last night.
 
“Yeah, well thanks to that dream I had barely any sleep last night. I woke up late and missed breakfast.”
 
“O my! You must be hungry Sora. Here have some of my lunchbox.” Kairi scooped some of her rice into a separate container and gave it to me. I stared at the food sickly, forgetting to mention to my friend that I had lost my appetite from having such a weird dream. But I didn't want her to worry, so I tried to scoft down the food without choking it back up.
 
“Thanks Kairi.” I was used to my friend caring for me. I know that she does it because we're really good friends and that she doesn't expect anything in return for that friendship, but I can't help feeling that I need to give her something in return. That maybe if I don't, she wouldn't want to be my friend anymore. That maybe I didn't deserve her friendship. At times like these, I feel like lashing out at her for thinking such things of me.
 
And then I realize that it's me thinking up such things.
 
“Sora, are you alright? You look tired, maybe you should go to the nurse's office.” She touches my shoulder gently, but I shake it off.
 
Stop caring..
 
“I'm fine.” I get up abuptly after that, and start to walk away. She doesn't follow and I'm greatful for that. Even though I don't look back, I know she's about to cry because I keep pushing her away. If she's not close to me, then I won't have to worry about not being able to give her what she needs, and then I won't lose her friendship, and I won't be lonely anymore. I walk through the hallway till I reach the empty classroom.
 
The empty classroom is used for storage, so I come her often to get away. The window's shades were down, leaving the room cool and refreashing. Nice after being out in the hot summer air. I picked a seat in the back right corner of the room to sit. Pulling out my cd player, I stuff my earphones on and press the play button, listening intently as The APL Song began to softly run through my ears.
 
Somehow, my mind wandered back to my dream. Or that's what I told Kairi. I know for a fact that it just couldn't have been a dream. It was way too real. Everything was so vivid and alive. But it was so strange. I felt such a different feeling last night, like I didn't belong in this world anymore.
 
I felt as if I was taken away, or if not, at least a part of me. Somewhere, I had gotten lost in that momment, then aburptly turned up-side-down. Nothing seems real anymore, I see everything differently, oddly. The sky seems more vast, ******
 
“Where do I belong then?”
 
I rested my head on my arms, listening as the song switched to Machavellism. Tapping my foot to the rock beat banging in my ears, my mind wandered to him again. Strange, he was so elligent and, believe it or not, beautiful. I'm too busy wondering how anyone could be so mesmerizing when I probably should be wondering how he knew my name.
 
Or perhaps, it wasn't real. Perhaps it was a dream. Where my mind could have thought up such a heavenly being, I'd probably never find out.