Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Unexpected Pregnancy ❯ I Still Love You, You Know ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Darkness. Darkness and silence. When Draco first awoke, that was all his brain could register. He scrunched up his face, trying in vain to register something, anything other than the nothing he was currently feeling. He could hear nothing, see nothing, smell nothing and feel nothing. It was really quite frightening, but before he could panic a blinding pain in his left arm brought a scream from his throat, though he himself could not hear it.

The next thing Draco remembered was a blinding light. He could tell that he had been asleep, his body told him that, and his senses appeared to have returned to normal. Blinking rapidly, his eyes trying to adjust to the light, it was a while before Draco realised that he was not alone in the room. Looking to his left Draco's eyes fell on an unmoving, unblinking Harry Potter. His face looked sunken and worn, as though he had not eaten for weeks. Draco managed a feeble smile for his former boyfriend, afraid of what was going to happen.

"How long was I out?" He kept his voice low, trying not to anger the man he still loved with all his heart and soul.

"Almost three weeks." Harry tried to keep his voice monotone, not showing any emotion, but he failed miserably as it broke and a tear trickled slowly down his cheek. "Why didn't you tell me? We could have got help, stayed at Hogwarts for a while. We'd have been ok." The tears were flowing freely now, and Draco's heart was breaking. It had always hurt him to see Harry cry, right from the beginning. He was such a strong person, it just didn't seem right for him to be upset.

"How...how did you..?" Draco was more than a little confused. How had Harry figured it out? How much did he know?

"They did tests. I asked them to do tests. I...I'm sorry, Draco." Harry looked down. He was crying silently now, his tears spilling over his cheeks and splashing into his hands.

"It was horrible, what they did to me." Draco knew that he should have felt angry at Harry, but he couldn't. All he could feel was the sting of betrayal and strong feelings of loss. He had never really let himself believe that he had lost Harry, but seeing the boy sitting before him brought those feelings of loss to the forefront of his mind. Here he was, sitting in front of the only person he had ever loved, and who loved him back, unable to be with him.

Draco could contain himself no longer, openly sobbing to all who might walk in. Luckily, his dignity was spared as none did. Curling into a foetal position, Draco was surprised to feel Harry's strong arms encircle him. Uncurling slightly, Draco cried into Harry's shoulder, feeling his beloved's own tears falling onto his neck and rolling down his back to be absorbed into the fabric of his hospital gown.

"We'll get through this, I promise, just as long as we're together." Harry stroked soothing circles on Draco's back, hoping and praying that the moment would never end, that Draco wouldn't be ripped away from him again. He wouldn't be able to bare it if he was. Draco looked up. His tears had stopped, but his breathing was still erratic.

"You really mean that?" He hoped that it was true, that Harry wouldn't laugh in his face and tell him that he was a fool and that he had never really loved him.

"Of course! I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it, you should know that. I still love you, you know. I always loved you, right from the beginning." Harry stared down into Draco's large, silver eyes, still glistening with unshed tears. He wanted nothing more than to kiss his pain away, but knew that by doing that he could lose Draco forever.

"I don't want you to get hurt." Another tear rolled down Draco's face, but he kept eye contact. "I can't love you any more, because they'll hurt you if I do."

"Who are 'they'?" This was the opening harry was looking for; a chance to find out who had hurt his beloved and get them back for it.

"I can't tell you, they'll hurt you, like they hurt me." Draco sounded really scared, though he tried not to show it.

"I don't care what 'they' do to me, I won't let them get away with hurting you. It's not right what they did. No one should have to go through what you've been through." The old Harry was back, the one that didn't stand any nonsense, the one Draco fell in love with all those years ago.

"Alright." Draco nodded in defeat. He knew that Harry would get the truth out of him eventually. "I'll tell you everything. Everything they did to me, everything that happened, if that's what you really want." Harry nodded. "Ok then."

(MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!! EVIL CLIFFIE!!! I'm so mean, but there ya go!)