Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Unexpected Pregnancy ❯ Love Is Pain ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It started almost a month before your little...announcement. You were out, shopping I think, and they came to the door. Naturally I didn't suspect them, I just thought they were visiting you. They have before, and there were no warning signs, nothing. I invited them inside and asked them if they wanted anything, that was when she pulled her wand on me.

I'll admit, I was terrified at the time, but I was too shocked to move. A supposed friend was pointing their wand at me, a malicious grin on her face. Anyone would be frightened at something like that. Looking back, I still wonder if there was anything I could have done to prevent what happened next, if I could have run from them. It's silly, I know, but that doesn't stop me from wondering.

It was not the curse she used, but the way she said it that made my blood freeze; 'crucio', one of the Unforgivables. I can honestly say that I have never been in so much pain in all my life. It was worse than when father used to beat me for being 'bad'. I felt myself collide with the floor as I couldn't keep myself upright, clawing at the carpet, trying in vain to stop the pain. It didn't stop, though, not for at least five minutes. I think she got bored of my anguished screamed and decided to move on to other methods.

I don't want to remember what they did to me next, not in detail, anyway. You've seen the scars, I assume? Whatever those tests were you had them do to me, it made the scars reappear; I can see the marks on my arms.

It was worse when he took over. He did unimaginable things to me, while she just sat and watched, laughing occasionally. I think I must have passed out, as the next thing I remembered was being in bed, and the marks were gone. It was early morning and you were lying next to me. I wanted so badly to roll over, to press against you, embrace you, but I couldn't. At first I couldn't figure out why, but then the voices in my head started. It was then that I realised that the Cruciatus curse wasn't the only Unforgivable they had cast on me.

Much as I hate to admit it, they had complete control. I couldn't do anything at all without them telling me to, I couldn't even blink by myself. If they had wanted to they could have killed me just by willing me to stop breathing. They made me do some terrible things, almost as bad as what they did to me themselves. They enjoyed torturing me, and it was the only time they ever took the curse off, or they'd leave it on, depending on what they wanted out of me. I don't know which was worse; doing things I didn't want to do, or having things done to me that I didn't want.

I fought it constantly, and after a couple of weeks I could gain momentary control. It was exhausting each time, but I could do it. Then, you told me that you were pregnant. I was so happy, but knew that if you stayed that they would take the baby away, train it to be a second Dark Lord, or Lady as it turned out. I had to get you away from the house somehow, so I fought the curse again, and managed to gain control for long enough to get you away from me and, hopefully, to safety, where they couldn't get you.

They were mad after that one. I was beaten and abused so badly that I couldn't walk for almost a month; I nearly died at one point. I held on, though, in the hope that I could eventually break free completely and see you again, see my child growing up. So, I continued to oppose them and gained more and more precious minutes of freedom every day. They eventually couldn't control me as much as was needed, as minutes turned into hours and hours turned into days, so they locked me in the mansion.

Eventually, I don't remember how long ago, they ceased being able to control me. I had complete control of my body again, and it was wonderful. But they were determined to ruin it for me. They took me away from the manor, locked me away in a dingy cellar somewhere. The abuse was more frequent, but it was my love for you, Harry, that kept me going, kept me looking for a way to escape.

I found a way out, I don't remember how, and tasted fresh air for the first time in more years than I cared to remember. I was hungry, dirty and near death, but the only thought I had was 'get back to Harry, find Harry'. I honestly believed that if I could find you, then everything would be okay again. I didn't know where to look, so I came straight here in the hopes that someone would be able to find you for me. I barely made it.

Well, that's what happened. It's a lot to take in, I know, and I'm sorry if I left anything out. Harry? Harry, are you ok?
<Another evil cliffie, ain't I a meanie?! So, who are the man and woman who were so horrid to Draco? If anyone can guess, they get a prize! (i.e. the next chapter is devoted to them!) Oh, and don't expect the next chapter up any time soon; I need incentive to write, which is something I don't have right now.>