Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Unexpected Pregnancy ❯ Out ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Draco almost fell off the bed in his surprise. He really hadn't been expecting that of all things. How? When? Why? Who? How long? Only one of the hundreds of many questions left his lips. "How long?" Not, perhaps, the best thing to say to a frightened twenty-year-old on the verge of tears.

"About six months." Harry had to look away. Draco's gaze seemed to tear right through him, eating him from the inside. It was hard enough to hold the tears back without those bottomless grey pools staring at him, accusing. Draco didn't respond. He stood from the bed and silently exited the room. If Harry had been able to see his face, he would have recoiled from the mix of fury and hatred there, but Draco's retreating back was enough. Harry curled into a tight ball, hugging his knees to his chest and feeling the slight increase in the size of his stomach. His trickling tears became torrents and loud, heart-wrenching sobs escaped from his throat. A door slammed downstairs. Draco had gone.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Harry must have fallen asleep because the next thing he remembered was being violently shaken awake. "Up." Draco's voice held a clear note of authority and Harry could do nothing but obey. His eyes still blurry from sleep and stinging from crying weren't helped when his glasses were pushed roughly over them. Focusing, Harry saw the plain look of hatred on Draco's face as he turned and left the room, not looking back. Harry knew he wanted him to follow, so he did. It wasn't going to be a good day, he could see that. Though, it wasn't really day at all any more as the sun had begun to set over the horizon and cast long shadows over everything, except Harry. The strange lighting highlighted his tanned skin and reflected of his glasses, giving him a somewhat unearthly beauty. It could not, however, hide the darkness in his eyes and Draco, walking a little way in front, seemed to be avoiding the light as the darkness around him stayed.

"Draco, what………" His question was cut short as a small bag was shoved in his hands and the door was opened. Draco watched Harry's expression, his eyes unwavering. When Harry made no move, he began to get more than a little annoyed.

"Out." He wasn't going to grace Potter with more words than necessary and the boy seemed to get the hint as hurt-filled eyes dragged themselves down to watch as his feet moved. Harry left the Malfoy residence with all that he owned in a small bag and very little money. The door slammed behind him and Harry knew that Draco was for real. It was over.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

He didn't know how long he sat there, on the hard stone pathway, which ran down to the large, cast-iron double gated of Malfoy Manor. He didn't cry, all his tears were gone. There was no anger as he still loved Draco with all his heart and soul. There was just confusion. Harry couldn't figure out why Draco had acted the way he had. Was it over for good? Harry hoped not, but he couldn't sit there all night.

The sun had set completely and hundreds of stars could be seen overhead. Leaning his head back, Harry stared at the brightest star in the sky; Sirius, the dog-star. His thoughts strayed to Sirius. He would have loved to see his Godfather again, but he was still busy celebrating his new-found freedom with Remus Lupin somewhere in Africa. At least, that's where they had been last time Harry heard from them. They were travelling the world, seeing everything, and had been for the past six months. Harry would have sent them a letter via Hedwig, had she not died prematurely the year before from catching a fatal illness. He really missed her and didn't bother getting another owl, so he just used Draco's. Well, he couldn't very well do that now, could he?

Getting clumsily to his feet, Harry began the long trek down the driveway to the road, not really knowing where he wanted to go. He knew that, whatever he did, the Knight Bus would be the only option for him in the state he was in. Rummaging through his bag, Harry found what he was looking for; his wand and a small bag of galleons. Sticking his wand out into the street, a familiar bang was heard as a large, purple, triple-decker bus appeared before his very eyes.

"`Ere, if it int `Arry Potter. Look, Ern, it's `Arry Potter. `Ow you been, `Arry?" Stan's familiar, annoying voice filled Harry's head as he stepped sullenly onto the Knight Bus, not really wanting to talk. "Where to, `Arry?"

"The Burrow." The words left his mouth before he had chance to even think about it. He and Ron had been best friends from when they first met, until Draco ruined it. Harry was so taken by Draco that he had begun to neglect his friends. Hermione understood, being the kind-hearted member of the trio, but Ron didn't. He wasn't happy about it to begin with, but accepted it. Draco was constantly the centre of Harry's attention, and constantly finding anything to turn into an insult to throw at Ron. He and harry had had a massive argument which had lasted almost until they had left. They still weren't on friendly terms, but they could stand being around each other. Harry hadn't heard from Ron since they met up with Hermione a couple of months after they had left Hogwarts. In Harry's mind, though, Ron was still his best friend.

"Nine sickles. You want `ot chocolate?" Stan's voice brought Harry out of his thoughts and he shook his head, handing over the money. Stan showed him to a bed near the front and he curled up, immediately falling asleep.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

He was being shaken awake again and for a moment Harry believed that it was all just a bad dream. Then, he realised that it wasn't Draco shaking him, it was Stan. "We're `ere." Harry slid slowly off the bed and grabbed his bag, stepping silently off the Knight bus into familiar surroundings. "Bye, `Arry." Harry barely heard as the Knight Bus left. He just stood and stared, wanting so badly to just go and knock on the door, but he was afraid. Afraid of being rejected, of being shouted at for being a lousy friend. Hell, he was just plain afraid.

The morning light was beginning to seep over the tops of the trees when Harry finally gathered up enough courage to finally go and knock on the door. Footsteps could be heard approaching and Harry was glad that at least someone was up, since it was so early. The door flew open and he was face-to-face with a very angry, very tired looking Ron Weasley. Harry almost ran right then and there; was Ron really still so mad at him?

Ron's expression turned from one of anger to one of surprise as he saw Harry standing there, not the annoying salesman who had been calling every morning for the past week at around this time, trying to sell them junk. "Harry? What are you………" Harry practically fell into Ron's arms, sobbing hysterically. All the tension was let loose as he stood there, held in the arms of his best friend and trying somewhat unsuccessfully to regain his composure. The added hormones really didn't help matters as he was already more emotional than usual.

Neither boy moved until Mrs Weasley came from the kitchen to see what all the fuss was about. Seeing Harry, she soon changed into the mother hen figure he knew so well. She quickly led him inside the house, sitting him at the kitchen table and making him some breakfast. At this point, Harry had his emotions under control and just sat with his head in his hands, breathing raggedly. Ron sat across from him, watching intently. No one spoke for a while, until Ron decided enough was enough and broke the silence.

"Harry, what's wrong?" His voice wasn't the harsh, demanding tone Harry had expected. Ron spoke softly, clearly concerned about Harry's welfare. Harry didn't speak; he just lowered his hands to the table and looked at them. A familiar white gem stared up at him, sparkling, laughing. He pulled the ring from his finger in a fit of anger and threw it across the room before letting the tears roll down his face again. Not able to look at Ron, he watched his hands as he spoke.

"We broke up. He………I………oh god, Ron. He threw me out the house! I don't have anything anymore. I didn't know what to do, so I came here. I'm sorry." Harry dissolved into another fit of loud sobs. Ron looked shocked to say the least. This wasn't the Harry Potter he knew. Even breaking up with Draco wouldn't do this to him. Malfoy had definitely done or said something to affect Harry this much.

"Harry, what did he do to you?" Ron sounded so much like Draco when he spoke like that. Harry shrunk back, shaking his head violently. He couldn't tell Ron, he felt so ashamed of himself. He didn't want to push all his problems onto his best friend. "Alright. You can tell me when you're ready. You look exhausted, I'll take you up to your room." His kind words made Harry look up in surprise. It was very unlike Ron not to push matters, but not unwelcome. Ron smiled down at him and picked up the small bag.

Harry stood and went to follow Ron upstairs. He almost collapsed on the way up and had to practically be carried up the last flight of stairs. Even though he had already slept a lot, Harry was exhausted and fell asleep before he could even get into bed. Ron changed him out of his robed, giving him a pair of his own pyjamas, before laying him down in bed. With a last look in at the sleeping beauty, the fiery redhead left the room, closing the door silently.