Fan Fiction ❯ Hell's Bane ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

The air was crisp, clean but it crackled with an unnatural sense as though it were filled with electricity. She remembered having this dream before every time she came her she felt the electric sensation. But this time it was different she wasn't in a waiting chamber about to be escorted forth to the council. She was in the middle of nowhere. It was much more pleasant than usual this time. She heard the chirp of birds the call of an eagle. The other times she came to this place when she met the council all she heard were cries for her to redeem lost souls. Much better she thought. She was surveying the surrounding landscape when she came across on of them.

What they were she didn't know but she supposed they were dragons. The serpentine head looked at her, the green scales flashing in the sun. It nodded seemingly to itself then lumbered over to her. "Well child it is about time you got here." It had a surprisingly feminine voice.

"Could you possibly tell me where here is perhaps. See the council fellas well they just expect me to know what's going on without explaining a thing." She replied quite unsure who this was.

"Men," the dragon chuckled. "Can't even do the simplest things without confusing a poor girl." The dragon sighed and shook her head. The next time the dragon spoke the words were lost. The dream began fading. Alexandria started screaming as she was torn from the unreal world. As she faded she caught a look of horror on the dragons face before it started screeching and bolts of lightning leapt straight through Alex to rip the dragon open. If Alex hadn't lost her hold on the dream that would have been Alex ripped to shreds.

Alex woke up with a start and looked around. She was back in the castle safe and snug in her bed. They get worse every time Alex thought regretfully. "I best go see Lini," she mumbled. Alex stumbled across the lush red carpet and changed into her traveling clothes. Which consisted of a tight brown shirt with a green undershirt visible at the bosom, with gold trim and tight brown pants. She walked to the door and waited for the guards to pass before she left for the castle stables in a hurry.

Going around a corner she bumped into Andrew a visiting prince from Cinero. His golden blonde hair that hung to his shoulders swayed gently as he turned to her. His stately green robes gliding silently over the ground. "Ah, princess Alexandria what would you be doing out this late hmm."

"What I do is no concern of yours." Alex replied curtly. She hurried on. That man is a horrible monster she thought violently. She finally reached the stables. Nobody was there, that was good. She went over to the stall that held Cesar her black gelding.

He had white socks and a blaze, he was her best friend; Loyal and kind she was the only person who could get near him. The last person who tried got sent to the healer to get his bones set back in the right place. Cesar snorted and looked at her. "Yeah there's a boy were going to go see Lini." she patted Cesar as she put his saddle on. She mounted up and went off into the city of Gilinda. The towering crystalline spires rose up behind her as she headed into the forest. She soon came upon lini's house.