Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: INVERTED ❯ Are You Afraid of the Dark? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kay: Hey everyone! Kay here to bring you, Dun dun da DA!, My story!

Dante: Oh get with it already!

Kay: Shut up! Oh, don't mind him, he's just the dark voice in my head who TRIES to tell me what to do.

Dante: Tell them about the story! NOW!

Kay: Alright, alright! Okay this story is basically Kingdom Hearts without anything Disney. Ansem is still the main baddie, but all the other baddies will either be Final Fantasy baddies or my original characters. There will also be some romance going on throughout the story and some of it will be yaoi but I'm not telling who the couples are because it will be a surprise. Now the whole romance portion won't be yaoi but the majority is.

Dante: Now tell them all the legal stuff and yadda yadda like that.

Kay: *glares at Dante* I KNOW what I'm doing! Thank you very much! Alright, All characters, places, and some storylines are copyrighted to the amazing people who actually created them! If I owned them do you really think I would be writing these stories? No I would probably be making them into a game, don't ya think? All original characters, places, and storylines are copyrighted to ME! ^^ And there are something's that are copyrighted to my friend May. There isn't much but there is some. Hmmm, I think that's it. I'm not very good at writing all the sex scenes and stuff so don't expect much. There will DEFINANTLY be hints to that stuff but nothing detailed.

Dante: *throws Kay a treat* Good boy.

Kay: *Catches treat* Yumm!!

Dante: Now all of you out there reading this…………..READ THE STORY ALREADY!!

Kingdom Hearts

I N V E R T E D

Written by Kay Locke

A r e Y o u A f r a I d o f t h e D a r k ?__

"Hey sleepy head." A young girl said standing over her spiky headed friend who was laying upon the golden sand of the beach. He had just woken up and was startled from seeing her there. ."Sora, you lazy bum. I knew I'd find you snoozing down here."

"Give me a break, Kairi." Sora laughed as the Kairi sat down on the sand next to him.

"So do you really think there are other worlds out there?" She asked him as her strawberry chestnut hair blew in the breeze.

"Of course there are, I mean, why would there only be this island and the bunch of us? I mean it'd be pretty strange if there weren't. Don't ya think?" he explained.

"Ya, I guess you're right."

"Besides, you came here from somewhere. Maybe we'll find it. Hey, what was it like anyway?"

"I've told you before," She stood up and walked up to the edge of the ocean and then turned back to face Sora," I can't remember."

"Nothing…..at all?" He too stood up and went to stand by her.

"Nope, nothing." She turned to face out to the ocean.

"Do you ever wanna go back there?" He asked, doing the same.

"Well…..it'd be nice to see it and all, but I'm happy here, so I wouldn't wanna stay."

"Are you sure?"

"Like I said, I'm happy here and I've made lots of friends. Why would I want to give all of this up to live in a world without any memories?"

"Good point." Sora said as he put his arms up behind his head. The two stood there in silence for awhile, watching as the sun slowly began to set. Kairi would be the one to break this with something unexpected.

"It's getting cold out." She said as she snuggled up to Sora. The brunette stood there, the light from the sun hiding the crimson in his cheeks.

`What is she doing? She said she was cold, right? So…she's just…..trying to keep warm…….by using me. Uhh, this is bad…..no good…I mean….what do I mean…?' This raced through his head as she snuggled even closer. `O…k…..maybe she's REALLY cold…..what should I do. Wait, shouldn't I be enjoying this? Ya, just try to enjoy it.' He slowly brought up his hand and placed it upon her shoulder, slightly nudging her closer.

`No way! This isn't happening. He's ACTUALLY doing this. I must be dreaming, and if so then death be to the one who wakes me.' Kairi thought to herself as she melted away in Sora's arms.

`Alright, this is nice. The only problem is………why….why don't I feel……..anything……..this…..this….' "This is wrong." Sora whispered.

"Did you say something?" Kairi asked in a mellow voice.

"Kairi….I..I.." Sora began but was interrupted by a deep voice somewhere behind them.

"Well…what-do-we-have-here?"

"Riku! I uh…..I mean we uh…."

"I was cold so Sora was just trying to help keep me warm. That's all," Kairi helped the studdering Sora," Geez, Riku, don't jump to so many conclusions."

"Ya, whatever, maybe I should just leave the two of you……..alone." Riku said in a lustful way and then burst out laughing.

"Oh be quiet Riku, it really was nothing!" Kairi said as she too began laughing.

"Ya, Riku, like Kairi and I would ever do something like that." Sora smiled as he nudged the sliver haired boy in the arm.

"Are you saying that I `m not good enough for you." Kairi said sarcastically through the laughter. The three of them were now all cracking up.

"Hey, what's going on over here?" A spiky blond headed boy walked up to the three. Kairi noticed the boy and walked over to him and put her arms around his neck and turned to look back at the other two.

"Fine, since I'm apparently not good enough for you then I'll just have to show just how good I can be with Tidus here." She laughed as she turned and kissed the blond headed boy on the cheek. Sora and Riku stood there in shock as Kairi strutted her way back over to them, "how's that for good?'"

Tidus stood there, eyes wide, with one hand over the recently kissed cheek; the other two boys just staring at him, dumbstruck. Finally, Kairi, Sora, and Riku began laughing hysterically yet again. "What's going on?!" Tidus whimpered.

"It's a loooong story that'll have to wait till tomorrow." Sora said still laughing.

"Well, it may have to wait even longer." Riku said as he stopped laughing and a smirk crept across his face.

"Riku, what are yo--- Wait, you don't mean that you....!" Kairi looked over at the taller boy standing across from her, quite excited.

"Yep. Finished the boat right before I came here and found you two in your little…..scene." Riku smiled.

"Oh cut it out Riku. But really, the boat's finished? So that means…" Sora asked.

"We set sail tomorrow right after we gather the last of the supplies." Riku explained as he brushed back a silvery lock of hair.

"Awww, man. This could be the last time in a long time that I see yall." Tidus sadly lowered his head.

"Don't worry, we'll get to see each other again. Don't you worry about it!" Kairi smiled at him.

"Ya, I guess you're right. But…….I'm really gonna miss yall." Tears slowly began to sting the blonds emerald eyes.

"Well, we better get back to the main island before the sun fully sets. We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow. We need all the sleep we can get." Riku explained as they all began walking to where their boats were docked.

"Well see yall tomorrow!" Sora yelled as he rowed off.

"Bye!" Kairi smiled as she followed him. Riku and Tidus followed in their boats, not too far behind them.

Sora laid there on his bed, not able to sleep, just thinking about tomorrow.

"I can't believe that the day is finally here. The day we set sail to venture to new worlds" Sora said to himself. He rolled over onto his side and looked out the window, only to be struck with horror. A storm was closing in upon the islands and the ocean was beginning to get bad.

"This doesn't look good." Soar said examining the storm. "Wait a sec……oh no! The boat!" Yes, the boat was still on the outer island and could be wrecked causing the journey to end before it ever begins. "Shit! I've got to go and make sure the boat stays safe!" With this he climbed out his window and head to the docks where his boat was.

"I've got to hurry!" Sora panted as he ran as quickly as he could to get to his boat. When he reached the docks he was just about to set out towards the outer island when someone ran up behind him.

"So it looks like you had the same idea I had!" Kairi said, catching her breath.

"Guess so, and it looks like Riku was a few steps ahead of us! He must already be on the island!" Sora said jumping into the boat, Kairi getting in behind him.

"Look! Tidus' boat is also gone!" Kairi pointed out.

"He must've seen Riku leaving and followed him. Come on! We better hurry!." Sora said as they began to make their way to the outer island, the storm strengthening more as they went on.

They reached the island as the storm hit. The wind was blowing madly and the rain was pounding down upon them.

"Come on Kairi! We don't have much time!" Sora yelled as he helped her out of the boat. The ran along the beach through the dark of night and would've continued except there was something in their way. Something neither of them had ever encountered before.

"Sora! W-what is…is that?" Kairi asked worried. A small black creature with shining gold eyes swayed around in front of them and soon more of these creatures appeared around them.

"I-I….I'm not sure." Sora said as he backed up slowly. Suddenly, off in the distance, a scream, muffled by the storm, cut through the dark.

"Did you hear that?"

"Ya, and it sounded like Tidus! Let's go find him!" The two dashed off in the direction from which the scream sounded.

"HEEEELLLLPP!!" Tidus yelled out. He was surrounded by the small black creatures and was struggling his hardest to escape the torment.

"Tidus! We're here to help!" Sora said as he pulled out the wooden sword he always carried and charged towards the dark creatures.

"Sora! Be careful!! "Kairi yelled out to him.

"Leave…him…..ALONE!!" Sora yelled as he raised up the sword and began to attack the creature, but as he brought the sword down upon it a burst of light shone from the sword and a strange key like weapon replaced it. As Sora attacked the creatures, they vanished into darkness.

"Thanks Sora, but where did you get that?" Tidus asked, pointing to the strange weapon the taller brunette held.

"I'm not sure, it just….appea---"

"AHHHHH!!" Kairi yelled out as more of the dark creatures appeared around her.

"Kairi!" The two spiky headed boys looked over at her. Sora lunged towards her and attacked the creatures. When all of them had been destroyed he grabbed Kairi and the three of them ran towards the shoreline.

"Look! It's Riku!" Tidus saw the silver haired boy standing in his usual place on the small land mass connected by the sea shacks bridge.

"Why is he just standing there? Shouldn't he be protecting the boat?" Kairi asked as they headed into the shack, ran up the stairs, and over to Riku was.

"Riku! What're you doing here? You should be with the boat!" Sora yelled at the boy standing in front of them.

"It's finally here, the opportunity we've been waiting for! The chance to get off this island and to see other worlds." Riku explained

"Ya, and it's waiting on the other side of the island to be destroyed if we don't save it!" Kairi yelled at him.

"Did you really think that that little boat was going to get us to other worlds?" The silver haired boy turned and faced them all. His eyes were filled with a deep determination that none of them had seen before.

"Riku?" Tidus stood there almost frightened at the way his friend was acting.

"We may never see any of our friends or parents ever again, but it's a chance…..I'm willing to take! I'M NOT AFRAID OF THE DARKNESS!" Riku yelled out showing no fear.

"Riku! Stop it! You're not making any sense!" Sora yelled out, confused at what his best friend was saying.

"I'm not afraid……….are you?" Riku held out his hand to his three friends that stood there before him. Suddenly, darkness began to engulf the silver haired boy, but all he did was stand there with his hand extended and the same serious look upon his face.

"Sora! You have to stop him!" Kairi yelled to Sora, becoming more frightened each second.

"It's too late!" Tidus screamed as the darkness began to engulf the three of them as well. Kairi grabbed onto Sora beginning to softly cry on his shoulder. Tidus stood with his back to the older boy and looked up to him, "What do we do now?!"

"There's only one thing!" Sora answered and extended his hand out to reach for Riku's. The brunette struggled to reach for the silver haired boys hand but the darkness keep pulling him back and farther away from him. "I can't----"

"Come on Sora….I know you're stronger than that." Riku said softly giving a small smirk, but keeping the same seriousness within his eyes. Sora looked into the emerald eyes before him and nodded his head slightly. With one final attempt he thrusted his hand forward and firmly took a hold of the other boys hand. Riku nodded and then the four friends were completely engulfed in the darkness.