Fan Fiction ❯ Kodo Hiroshima ❯ Kodo Hiroshima ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Okay, this is a short little plot that I made up on a new story that I might be writing if I get good reviews on it. So, please read carefully!

The story is called Kodo Hiroshima and it's basically a fantasy/action/drama story (I'll explain). The setting is, of course, Japan of the modern days. A girl named Leslie Misadu gets a necklace from her dad that's a replica of the known "Blood-stained Jewel of Hiroshima" (but they don't know it's the real one). Along with the necklace came the story of Kodo Hiroshima or better known as just plain old Hiroshima (not the town).

Way back a little before the feudal era, a peasant boy named Hiroshima dwelt along the shore of what it now known as Japan (he was roughly around the age of 15). He was furious at the many demons that had awoken to start the feudal era so, he vowed to kill every last one of them. It didn't matter to him if another human's life was at stake either! So he had been known to kill both humans and demons. This is how he got the name "Slayer of the night".

One day Hiroshima was talking to a priestess named Kikyo, who was a dear friend of his, about an old burned man who she had been taking care of. He didn't trust the "burned man" because of the looks he gave off toward her. But then again he was jealous of Inuyasha, the only reason he didn't kill him was because he believed that Kikyo would someday… But that's a different story.

Well, Hiroshima's hate for the demons grew stronger and he began to attack even the Gods and Goddess (i.e. Water Goddess, Fire God…). Because of that, nobody really trusted him anymore. The time had come for the slayer to be slain. The villagers of his home village struck at dawn in what was said to be the quickest slaughter of all time. Hiroshima had killed them all, and with his friends' blood on his hands he ran away as fast and as far as he could.

Lady Kikyo was among the first to find him, but it wasn't to comfort him. She was told that Hiroshima had come to the village to slaughter all those people and she had come to kill him. As the arrow struck he was knocked to the ground in an instant. He was mumbling the whole time that he didn't want to kill them, but he had no choice.

He started crying and Kikyo looked down on "a man who was misunderstood".

It was at that moment that Kikyo realized she had made a mistake and was willing to make up for it. She took out the shikon jewel and placed it on the wound (which was around his neck). She couldn't bring him back to life but she could give him a chance at a better one. The jewel had created a necklace around his neck in the shape of the wound and the blood trail around his neck. It turned the color of his blood and started to shine.

Kikyo had hoped that the shikon jewel would have been purified by her intensions, but it was neither purified nor spoiled by Hiroshima's blood and Kikyo's will to make peace. Instead of Hiroshima being reborn, like Kikyo, his soul was spoiled and sent to the gates of hell, where he should wait until the day his name was called in a moment of crisis and the one who called it depended on him. There he waited and watched as his old life slipped into the shadows leaving only his name and the cursed jewel that sent him there.