Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Eyes ❯ In the Library we meet ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Paine: Hello everybody, and welcome to chapter 2 of Midnight Eyes. Before I say anything, I wanna say thank you to Ravena Wolf for being my beta reader! ^_^ Thank u dude! Anyway, on with the story!

Midnight Eyes

Chapter 2:

In the Library we meet

Sora's POV

An aggravated moan escapes my lips as I am rudely awoken from my dreamless sleep to the shrill beeps of that damned alarm clock that sits on my nightstand. I slowly crack open an eyelid to see the blurry bright red numbers.

`6'…`6'…I drag a hand up to my drowsy eyes and gently run my fingers in circular patterns for a few moments before feeling my way to the convenient `snooze' button to stop the galling beeping patterns of the electronic device.

I pause for a moment and shake my head, getting rid of some of the lingering drowsiness. I once again look over to the clock's red numbers. 6:30. Great. Time to get up, shower, dress, eat, and go to the bane of my existence. Starburst high school.

As I slowly make my way toward the bathroom I hear my mother's voice calling up the stairs. "Sora! You'd better get ready for school, I can't drive you today!"

My eyes widened in panic and my slow steps turn into a sprint to the bathroom as I rush to the bathroom. After a quick shower, I blow dry my hair and gel it into my trademark spike. I snort as I remember the people who think my hair just defies gravity on their own.

I run down the stairs just in time for breakfast. I must have eaten my eggs too quickly and coughed and gagged when I swallowed a chunk that was too large. My eyes went wide and my hand automatically went to my neck as I tried to gasp for air.

"Sora! Slow down! School doesn't start until 9 o' clock anyway. Aren't you sick of me dropping you off two hours before school?" Mother asked as she handed me a glass of drinking water.

I spotted the glass and grabbed it from my mother's grasp. I gulp the water down and cough for more of the air that was arriving in my lungs. "I…know..you…drop me off too early, but…I need to get to school very..early to use…the library." I manage to sputter in between small breaths of air.

"Why do you need to use the library before the crack of dawn?" I do my best to keep from rolling my eyes at my mother's continuous interrogation.

"So I can work on my Creative History report." I replied, taking a bite of toast with marmalade.

" `Creative History report'?" Mother raised an eyebrow and took a sip of her fresh cup of black coffee. "What are you doing and why?"

"Mrs. Tsubame wants her history class to research something in history and do a report on what `Mythical Creature' she assigns us." I reply in a matter of fact voice as I finish my toast.

"What mythical creature did you get?" Mom asked, her voice full with that familiar peppiness.

"Vampires." I replied in a monotone voice. I finish up my breakfast and jog the 10 blocks to school.

"Hello, Mr. Everheart. Up early again?" I nodded to Mrs. Catcher, the school librarian. "I'm sorry I'm the reason you have to get to work three hours earlier than what you're supposed to all the time." I say apologetically to the poor middle-aged woman.

Mrs. Catcher just giggled. I almost wanted to cringe at the horrid noise sounded more like chalk on a chalkboard than a giggle. "No problem sweetie. I don't mind."

I force a smile and turn to head over to the library computer when I noticed there was a person already using it.

I outwardly shrug and inwardly wonder why another student is at school so early. Just when I was about to just go find a desk, the person turned around.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in here at all." I shrugged and took a moment to take the person's appearance in.

He was a few inches taller than me and has brilliant silver hair. I smile as it reminds me of the moon. My eyes wander around his body and I find that my pants have somehow gotten tighter.

His long, exquisite silver hair frames a beautifully pale face and his smile makes my knees weak. I didn't know teeth could be so perfectly white and straight! My eyes stop wandering for a few moments as they reach his eyes. They were the shade of brilliant sea green, a color I'd never seen on anyone before. I pry my own eyes away from is and look down, only to wish I hadn't.

The blue shirt he had on hugged his frame so tightly that every muscle displayed on his chest was visible. His tight leather pants added a hint of -as my girl friend, Kairi, puts it- sensuality to his already gorgeous looks.

Seriously, by looking at this guy, I start to wonder about my sexual preferences…He was just so…WAIT! HOLD EVERYTHING SORA! You have a GIRLFRIEND, remember?! After a few more moments of mentally smacking myself, I realize that he's staring at me with a questioning look in his sea green orbs.

That is when I realize that he was waiting for me to speak. "Oh!" I shake my head and try to hide the blush that now decorates my cheeks. I pointed at myself and begin an introduction to the interesting stranger.

"Hi, I'm-"

Riku's POV

I smirk and stop the sexy creature before he can say anymore. "Sora Everheart." I feel like letting out a chuckle as the boy stares at me with a very confused look on his face.

"How do you know my name?" He asks. Oh gods how I love the sound of his voice. It has a childlike tone yet it sounds so much like velvety bliss. It takes me a few moments to realize he just asked me a question.

"Lucky guess?" I asked, making up an excuse to cover up how I really learned his name. I don't think my future fuck toy would like to know that I snuck into his room and snooped through his things.

"Right." He replied. I can sense he doesn't fully believe my poor excuse. Damn. And I thought he was one of those "I'm so naïve it's sad" people. Damn again. I'm going to have a harder time bedding him than I thought! Oh well, I absolutely love a good challenge.

"So, are you new?" Sora asks. "Oh…no. I just come here every morning and look over the books." I replied, trying my best to flash him a warm smile (2).

"Oh, that's cool. Um, what's you name?" He asks. I Suddenly want to smack myself as I realize that I haven't introduced myself, and that the first thing you do when you meet someone, not take the time and wonder how many times I can make him scream my name during sex!

"My name is Riku Hellion." I take a moment to bow before the beautiful creature and look up into his eyes, letting my piercing gaze do the work for me. "So, What are you doing in the library this early?" I asked, wanting conversation. However, a conversation about anything with this human makes me want to jump him.

"Oh, I'm doing a report on vampires." Oh I already know this, my risqué little pet. I keep myself from sniggering as I heard a voice in the distance.

"Sora! Sora!" Sora and I turned our heads to see A young girl around Sora's age running up to him. Must be his sister. I the few moment she was running over to our area to look her over. The girl was nowhere near Sora's beauty.

She was a few inches shorter than Sora and had babyish brown eyes. Her hair was cut too short; it made her look like a boy for heaven's sake! She was also the most undeveloped girl I'd ever seen. Flat and absolutely no figure. I take a moment and silently pray that this…little girl wasn't his lover and was his sister like I thought.

Sora smiled at the newcomer and placed a kiss on her cheek and rested an arm around her..waist!? WHAT?! NO!! Please don't let this mean what I think it means.

"Riku,"

Please say she isn't what I think she is. Please, please, please!

"This is Kairi, my,"

Realization hits me like a wooden stake into my heart. It took all of my restraint from trying to kill the girl.

"Girlfriend."

Fuck. Shit, damn, fuckin' a, shit and fuck!! That was the exact moment my plan crumbled into little, tiny pieces.

~~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~**~*~*~*~*~*~

Paine: So…a cliffhanger…anyway I hope everybody liked this chapter! ^.^ he he. Please review! Cuz if I get more reviewers, I'll feel special and I'll wanna make the chapters longer and stuff like dat.