Fan Fiction ❯ Model ❯ model ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

With deepest regrets

By: Heather

"Moving here to Denmark hadn't been easy, I'm called Rachel, I'm 17 years old and graduated from an art school in America. I'm originally from Norway but my parents moved to America when I was 10. I decided to come to Denmark on a scholarship, and I've been a struggling artist every since."

XXX

"C'mon Rachel open up it's me Hilde" a voice called outside my door.

I opened up, there was Hilde holding a man "help me! He's heavy"

"What is this?!"

"He passed out at the bar" she told me "I couldn't just leave him there"

She laid him on the couch "I have a date tonight so I can't take him with me"

"What?!"

"Just this once Rachel"

I sighed "alright…fine I will"

Hilde kissed my cheek "thank you" she said before walking out the door.

I looked at the guy, he was out cold, how many drinks did Hilde feed him? It was hard to say.

I went into my room, got dressed for bed and laid in bed all night awake. I couldn't sleep a wink because of that guy on the other side of the wall, I didn't know if he was psycho or sane or something.

I sat up in bed , but then something, moving caught my eye, it looked like a man. I was trembling violently.

The man came into the moonlight, I screamed. He covered my mouth.

"Shh… I won't hurt you I just need a little…blood"

He sank his fangs into the nap of my neck, I passed out. About two hours later I came to, I got out of bed to get some water and tripped over something fleshy, like a ….ARM!

I backed into the wall and knocked over the lamp on my desk, it fell with a clash.

But the arm didn't even flinch, I walked up to the arm, took hold and pulled the man-vampire out from under my bed and dragged him to the living room where I threw him onto the couch.

After my drink I got out my sketch pad and began to draw him. Hey I couldn't sleep so I decided to take advantage of this great opportunity of having a model in my flat.

As I drew him I didn't realize that he had woke up.

"What are you doing?!" he asked, his voice deep in the Danish accent, it was mind blowing.

Even my friend, Hilde, who lived in Denmark all her life didn't portray the Danish accent like this guy, you could tell, this guy was native.

"Uh…want to see?" I asked him.

He stood up and took the book from me and began to look threw the pages.

I held my breath.

"These are awful, where is the life in these, you're not an artist you're a fraud" he told me.

I felt insulted and angered "well excuse me!" I shot back.

His dark eyes targeted my deep blue ones " you dare a mere mortal talk to me like that?!"

I stood straight, he didn't scare me, this guy was a wimp.

He got up and grabbed my hair" how dare you!" he yelled.

I yanked him back "don't touch me like that!"

He stood there shocked.

I rubbed the back of my head.

He smiled "you know I like you, you have a lot of courage"

I stared at him bastard-like