Fan Fiction ❯ MoonLight ❯ Questions? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Billie: Okay, well, I have nothing to say. Read.

~*~Chapter 2~*~

~*~Questions?~*~

Two hours til midnight, finally. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're going to say: Aren't you supposed to be happy?

Well let me ask you this, you're standing here at your own party. You are an orphan, adopted by your grandparents, lived like a living shadow, knowing your parents won't say Happy Birthday, teenager on your 13th birthday?

That's right ladies and gentlemen, my parents are dead and they ain't getting any deader. I'm only 12¾ give me a break (I know that 13¾'s thing is not real, but it's a joke sorta….Don't worry, I didn't get it either.)

Okay. Okay. If I'm not proving a point, scratch that. Sheesh. Well, standing here near the west side of the great room greeting others as they passed, but pretty much alone at the moment.

That's when something caught my eye. Okay, scratch that. That's when _someone_ caught my eye. He was on the other side of the room, starring at me. In a really freaky way to scare you out of your boots.

I haven't seen him before, I thought. Someone greeted me once they entered. I went back to the boy. I blinked a few times, darn eye shadow, I told Elsie not to put too much but would she listen to me? noooooooooooooooo. She had to pile it on. I told you she wasn't the easiest person to win an argument with. But did you listen to me? ………okay, on with the predicament.

When I came back to where the boy was, he was gone. I turned towards the exit and caught a glimpse of him leaving the room. I was about to follow him, but a hand on my shoulder stopped me.

'What now?' I asked myself, before turning around. It was my social studies teacher, Mrs. Conner. Just to tell you, she looks like a pretty nice teacher, but trust me, it's the quiet ones you should _always_ watch out for.

"Well, I'm very happy you're turning 13, Miss White." she said in her half gentle half strange tone. I looked at her and saw that glint in her eyes. "I hope you have a _great_ birthday, Lilly. I sense it would be an adventure for you, I can assure that ." She said before turning her heel and walked over to talk to my grandma.

Strange lady, wouldn't you say? She's acting as though she was a fortune teller or something. And when she said _great_, that's the same tone she used before a pop quiz.

Well, back to the original state. I looked at the east wing and saw that boy again, but this time, he wasn't looking at me. Wish he would….did I just say that? But he was talking to another boy.

~*~

Billie: HA!! Cliffy!! ^_______________^ read and review!!

~*~You want help? Call God. He's always up 24/7, doing his job by making miracles ^_^~*~