Fan Fiction ❯ MoonLight ❯ Blowing Out the Candles at Midnight ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Billie: I'm working up a storm, I'm very hyper, ne? Oh well, read.

~*~Chapter 3~*~

~*~Blow Out the Candles in Midnight~*~

Well, ten more minutes, I'm sitting at the main table, in a pretty much quiet mood. Well, let's just say I'm too quiet for my own good right now

Well, let me update you about the last scenario. The two boys? Well are just at the west wing. How did I escape without being noticed by them, you ask? That's my secret. Anyways, Mrs. Conner is _still_ talking to my grandma, man, and I thought that she was too boring to pick up a conversation. It looks like my grandma was rather interested into the woman-to-woman conversation. I don't know how my grandma even _stands_ her…..guess I'll never know my own grandma.

Okay, enough about my scary teacher. Back to the two boys. They are talking about something rather interesting as well, can't really tell what they are talking about. Once and a while when someone passes by, they shut their mouths & turn away. When they're gone, they go back talking. Strange. Boys these days.

Five more minutes and I'll have to blow out the candles. Everyone was silent and looking at me, as though waiting for the 'dorky finale' as I call it.

I look out the window and see the full moon, its light gave an eerie glow silver glitter on the slightly damp grass outside.

I look at all the presents before me, big and small scattered around the table. But one present caught my eye.

A rather small present in silver wrapper & gold ribbon trimming. Tucked under the ribbon was a small note.

Curiosity got the better of me, as I quickly took the note out with ease and hid it in my skirt pocket.

My grandparents started to sing the Happy Birthday song. The cheerful and half-sleepy voices rang through the room as my grandpa lit the candles on my birthday cake.

One more minute, I had to make a wish, but what? I don't have anything to wish for. Wait. Maybe…I do.

I closed me eyes and took a deep breath, thinking of my wish. The light from the window grew brighter, even though my eyes were shut tight. I leaned forward as I heard the grandfather clock's chime meaning it was midnight and blew out the candles, not knowing it would change my life forever.

~*~

Billie: Sheesh, another cliffy. Read and review