Fan Fiction ❯ My Best Friend's Cousin ❯ My Best Friend's Cousin ( One-Shot )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
How did I fall in love with you?
By the Backstreet Boys

"Remember when, we never needed each other.
The best of friends, like sister and brother.
We understood we'd never be alone.
Those days are gone, now I want you so much.
The night is long, and I need your touch.
Don't know what to say, never meant to feel this way.
Don't wanna be alone tonight.

What can I do to make you mine?
Fallin' so hard so fast this time.
What did I say? What did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?"

My Best Friend's Cousin

By: Chiba Branagh
AN: This story takes place during Hamlet. Horatio seems to have fallen for his best friend's cousin/sister. This may have some sex in it, so be wary. It is an alternate universe (i.e. Same things are going on just in this millennium). It takes place in New York.

"Yo, Horatio," I hear a deep voice call out to me. It's my best friend, Hamlet. He and I have been friends since we were children. I turn to see his blonde hair and striking dark blue eyes coming towards me. He seems happy, but I know he is still tormented by his father's murder.
"I said, 'Yo, Horatio'," he says coming up to me giving me a big grin. I can tell he has "been" with his girlfriend, Ophelia. He always gets that silly looking grin on his face when he has had his fun with her. I know he loves her, but sometimes he is so arrogant about her.
"Hey," he says, "what are ya thinking about, buddy? You haven't said a single word to me. Something wrong, man?" Yes, I think, there is something definitely wrong. Something you would probably understand, but I am still too wary to tell you about it.
"No, Ham," I lie. "Just thinking about that whole ghost thing we saw last month."
"Oh," He says, convinced. I am actually thinking about more than last month. I am thinking about Justine. Justine is Hamlet's cousin/sister. She is also my only best friend who happens to be a girl. But now, I think, I want to be closer than just friends. I want to be with her the way Hamlet and Ophelia are together. Maybe I should think back to when this feeling actually started.

* * * * * * *

"Hey Hamlet," I said to my best friend as I walked into the main room with my friends Marcellus and Barnado. At first he walked right past me, saying something I couldn't quite catch. Then he turned around and ran to me to shake my hand and give me a small hug. This was totally and completely like him. Our friendship had been very close. I had just come from our school to see him, for he was sad for his father's death and angry at his mother's hasty marriage to his uncle. Now this is where Justine comes in. Justine is the daughter of Hamlet's uncle (now father) Claudius. Now Justine in a way was almost a sister already to Hamlet. Now, Claudius was making it legal. In fact, that's the only thing Hamlet liked about the whole marriage thing. Justine could now be his sister legally. Well, Justine was in the room collecting some of the petals that had fallen from the upper levels of the room. That's when I got this incredible feeling while watching her. She was so graceful and fluid in her motions. Even the sadness in her eyes made her seem to glow with beauty. I couldn't believe how I had never noticed this in her before. Her eyes turned toward me and a small smile appeared. I quickly averted my eyes back to Hamlet. He was talking to Marcellus about the current status we were at with Fortinbras.
"So, what brings you to Denmark, Horatio?" Hamlet asked, turning toward me and signaling Justine to come over.
"To see your, father's funeral," I said, trying not to look at Justine.
"I doubt that," Justine said cynically, "I think is was to see my father's wedding."
"It did follow quite quickly, lady," I said gulping hard.
"Too quickly, Horatio," Hamlet said walking next to me. I followed him quite closely. He said some things that were quite disturbing at first, but when I and my other friends revealed to both Justine and Hamlet that we had seen the ghost of Hamlet's father, their eyes went wide and they went pale. We decided to have both come stand with us that night to see if the ghost would walk again. Justine was not as interested, but showed enthusiasm enough to want to see the ghost. After Hamlet had excused us, I went straight to my room. I couldn't believe the feelings in my heart. It pounded hard in my chest. I felt very tired, but yet incredibly full of energy. I had no clue where this feeling was going to take me, but I knew it would not come to good.
That night we saw the ghost, and when it beckoned both to Hamlet and Justine, I was the one to grab at her to keep her away from it. No matter how hard I tried, though, Hamlet pulled her away from me and they went off to follow the ghost. To be completely honest, I was more worried for her than Hamlet. She had been very dear to me in the past years, and I cared for her very much. Both Hamlet and I loved her presence. She was always full of energy and she was always playing tricks on us. Her laughter made me smile all the time. I loved her as a friend before, but when I think about it now, I think I wanted to love her as more. And as if you could not already tell I still do.

* * * * * * *

"So there is a rumor going around that I am mad," Hamlet says happily, bringing me back from my reverie. He enjoys a plan going right. "My sister cousin is also thought to be crazier than Hell. I guess Justine wanted in on a little bit of the excitement." My breath catches in my throat at the beautiful sound of her name. Even with a man saying it, it is the most beautiful sound in the world.
"I guess so," I finally say trying to keep her out of my mind. I think Hamlet is starting to catch on because he says, "What is it that is making you so different these days, Horatio? Could it be Justine?"
"How do you mean, Ham?" I ask, pretending to not know what he is getting at.
"Oh, you know," he says nudging my arm, "stuff like you going all weak in the knees when Justine is around or entering a room. Being sweeter to Justine than usual. Writing sonnets," he says looking down at the paper I have. Indeed it is a sonnet for Justine.
"What are you saying" I ask defensively, "that I am in love with Justine?"
"Horatio," he says, trying to calm me down, "it is okay if you do. Justine is quite a girl. It pleases to know that my best friend cares for my sister as much as he does for me." I stare at him in shock. He is okay with this?, I think to myself. He smiles at me with a bit of mischief in his eye.
"Hey you want to get together with her?" he asks. I can only nod. He pats my shoulder. "Okay how's today sound? About three in the afternoon, in the main garden. Remember to wear something nice." Today? At three? Something nice is easy. The rest of it may not be.

* * * * *

"Where is my cousin?" I hear Justine complain. She has no clue that this whole thing is a set up for her and I to get together. I am taken aback by the beautiful look of worry on her face, and her almost nervous actions. Could I be unnerving her? That's impossible. We have been friends way too long. But still, I wonder.
"Justine," I say in my most comforting tone, "he will be here. He may have gotten caught up in something with your father. He'll turn up sooner or later." I of course know there is nothing really going on with the king. Hamlet is really in an alley-way watching us. I know this, for he told he would do so.
~I must be kidding myself, ~ I think to myself, ~ that Justine will fall in love with me. It could never be possible. ~ I look at her. She definitely looks nervous for she is wringing her gloved hands and is breathing hard. I can't help but think she is so beautiful just pacing around and mumbling to herself. I keep wondering why she seems so nervous.
"My lady," I say as gentlemanly as I can manage, "you seem to have something on your mind."
"Yeah," says Justine in a "you wanna make something of it" kind of tone. I don't back down.
"Would you like to tell me what it is?" I ask, never taking my eyes off of hers. I feel she is like a dangerous animal; if I move the wrong way she could attack at any moment. Her eyes shift downward to avoid my gaze. I keep looking at her as I walk towards her. Her auburn hair is quite beautiful when accented by the snow. Her face is turning many shades of red, for which I attribute to the cold air. She seems to shiver more and more as I approach her though. I find this to be strange. I back away a little, and as I do, I faintly hear a small whimper come from her. I look at her reddened cheeks and into those gorgeous greenish blue eyes and all my questions are immediately answered.
"My lady," I say, "I do believe there is something of an urgent matter on your mind. I do wish you talk of it. I must tell you something as well."
"Really," she asks, all innocence and curiosity in her sweet voice. "Then why do you not speak your mind first?"
"I think we are both thinking the same thing," I reply. "I want you, Princess Justine of Denmark. Even if I am a mere scholar, I do love you and need you. I think you feel the same way about me." I see Justine's face turn from curiosity to a strange sort of happiness. Her mouth kind of opens and she stares at me in awe.
Finally, she breaks the silence and asks, "Horatio, how long have you felt this way for me?" For once I smile at her.
"Well, I guess since I saw you on floor of the main room in your home. You were picking some of the petals up from the floor after the celebration."
"Really?" Justine says in a sarcastic tone, but I can tell she is smiling in happiness.
"Yes, my dearest," I say, catching us both off guard. Did I actually say that? I look at her again. She doesn't seem as shocked as I am. She just keeps smiling at me. I decide to make my move. I walk up to her, taking her in my arms and kissing her. At first I kiss her softly, making sure I am not bruising her lips and also making sure she is comfortable in my arms. I feel her body pressing into me, which makes me kiss her with more passion. I am not sure how far this is going to go, but I willing to stop if she wants to. I feel like doing anything for her at the moment. I would walk until eternity ended if she asked me to. I love her. I love her. I LOVE HER!!!! My mind rings with the thought. I love her, I think again, I must.
"Justine," I say gasping as we break, "I... love... you."
"I love you too... Horatio," Justine says panting. "I think I have for a very long time. I just never knew how to say it." We just look at each other lovingly, speaking volumes to each other only with our eyes. I feel amazing just looking down at her in my arms. She seems to smile now more than ever. I then remember what is going on. Justine and I are being spied on by her own cousin.
"Justine," I say breaking the melodious silence, "we do have company."
"Company?" she asks, shaking her head and looking at me confused. I explain to her what is going on. Instead of her getting angry and either me or her cousin, which I am quite surprised by, I see her smile. It's the most beautiful smile I have ever seen on her. She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me again. I wrap my arms around her back and pick her up while kissing her. I love the taste of her mouth. Its so sweet yet a little tart. She seems to like kissing me too. We stop kissing and after I set her down we start to walk back to the mansion. On our way, I look in the alley-way that Hamlet was in spying on us. He isn't there. I stop for a second. Justine looks at me concerned. I look back at her.
"He isn't here," I say.
"I know," she says.
"You know?" I look her, confused.
"I noticed someone running towards my house while we were kissing. I thought it was Hamlet. He had something to do at around 3 o'clock this afternoon. It was very important. But, anyway, why don't we go back to the mansion. That way we can warm up a little easier."
I smile and kiss her cheek lightly and we walk hand in hand towards the house.

* * * * *

"Mmmmm... Oh Horatio...," Justine moans while we are kissing on her bed. She looks so beautiful lying underneath me. Her long auburn hair spread out around her. The sleeves of her dress slipping off her shoulders. The beauty of her graceful, long neck. I lean down and kiss her cheeks and forehead. I hear her giggle when I kiss her nose and then I start kissing down her chin and throat. I kiss her skin softly over to her shoulder, every once in a while licking at her for the sweet taste of strawberries and something else. I go back up to kissing her lips, and lift her back up so she is in my arms. We kiss a long time. Meanwhile I unlace the back of her dress. I lower her sleeves from her beautiful porcelain white shoulders and down her arms. I also notice her fairly large breasts are still covered by her strapless bra. I kiss where I left off on her shoulder and kiss and lick down her beautiful arm. Her moans of pleasure are music to my ears. I slip her lavender gown the rest of the way off, noticing her silken panties are now very moist and I can tell she is very aroused just by sniffing the air. I quickly take of my shirt and we start kissing again. I feel her soft hands rub up and down my back. I bite at her neck softly with my teeth. I feel my self falling even deeper in love with her. I stand up and quickly take off my boots and slacks. As I look at her beautiful half naked body, she seems to radiate even more beauty and her sweet face shows me the beauty of her soul. I lay down next to her. She seems to be comfortable just lying like this because she pulls me close and rests her head in my chest. I wrap an arm around her and we fall asleep in an intimate embrace.
I wake up after what has only been about fifteen minutes, but it seems like it has been hours. I look to see Justine now sitting at the edge of the bed. I see her head hanging and hear small sniffs.
"My love," I ask, coming up behind her and wrapping my arms around her body and hugging her tightly. "What's the matter?"
"Did we . . . have sex?" She asks softly.
"No," I say, "why do you ask?"
"Because," she says, "it would be my second time being raped if we did." As she finishes speaking a fresh torrent of tears start. I turn her around and stroke her hair as she cries into my chest. I feel a little confused and very, very worried for her.
"Justine," I say in a comforting tone, "are you not wanting to make love with me tonight?"
"No," Justine says in a scared tone, " it's just I thought you might have already while I was just lying there in your arms. It's not the first time that has happened."
"Someone raped you?" I am now very concerned for my beautiful lady.
"Yes," she says guiltily. "It was a few years back. It was unfortunately my first time and he was very cruel to me. We broke up shortly after, but the worst thing was I turned out to be pregnant. The only one I told was Hamlet. He wasn't the guy, but he was the closest person I could tell."
"W-w-who was it?" I ask as angry tears fill my eyes. How could some one have done something like this to so wonderful a woman?
"Rosencrantz," she answers calmly. I feel like screaming. In my head I picture myself tearing off Rosencrantz's arms legs and then his reason for living. How could Justine even gone out with him? I never even knew about him being in her life.
"Horatio," I hear her voice from a thousand miles away. "I thought you should know I had the baby adopted. I would have a happier life anyway. I made the church promise not to release any information about me. Lately, my father thinks I have been crazy whenever I see or hear of Rosencrantz. I just hate the guy right now, and so does Hamlet. That's why he was so insistent you follow him. He was making sure the bastard wasn't gonna do the same thing again. I think he is happy that we are together instead of Rosencrantz and I." She finally smiles. "I like the fact that we are finally together."
"Justine," I ask, "why did you think I had raped you?"
"It wouldn't have been rape, since it would be with you, but since I didn't really consent to anything, it might be looked upon as rape." I understand and nod and smile at her. She is so beautiful and so wonderful. She was smart to have the child and give it to someone else to take care of it. She knew she couldn't take care of it herself. Why would someone want to hurt her the way she has been?
"Justine," I say in my most serious of tones, "I vow never to hurt you, and if some creep like Rosencrantz tries to hurt you ever, they will be sorry." I feel her arms come around my neck and embrace me. She is so soft and warm. I know its because of her wonderful personality. As our mouths seek out the other's, my hands rub up and down her back and slowly unclasp her bra. As it falls, I rub up to her soft yet firm shoulders and press her into me. Her soft body molds perfectly to mine, and we sit there almost completely naked in each others arms. I turn her around and gently lay her down. I then look into her eyes as if it ask her if she wants to continue. She nods and I proceed to take of the rest of our clothes and I go to the drawer and find the necessary protection. I put it on. My member is still very hard from earlier. I look over at her and smile. Her body is so beautiful and very appealing the eye. She looks over to me with those beautiful large eyes and smiles softly. I walk over to the bed and lie down next to her.
"Do you want to?" I ask.
"Yes," she almost moans. I then straddle her hips and position myself right above her very wet womanhood. I slide myself into her slowly until I am almost all the way in. She is so very tight, and her inner walls seem to be guiding me in deeper. I lean over and kiss her softly as I rock into her, slowly picking up speed. I feel her legs wrap around me and I feel myself going deeper into her and going faster and harder too. I hear her screaming my name in pleasure and also saying words of love. I hear her scream as I feel her walls lock up in a wonderful orgasm but I keep going. I want us to reach the edge together this time. I feel so close, but I want her to reach her climax at the same time so I slow down a little. I feel so free even while her arms are wrapped around me. I feel her moving with my rhythm and soon we are both moaning loudly and breathing hard. I feel myself so very close to the edge.
"Oh, Justine," I yell in passion. I keep going, but I don't know how much longer I can hold on.
"Oh, Horatio," she screams, "I am almost there."
"I am too baby," I reply. We are both moaning and screaming.
"HORATIO," Justine screams as a large climax hits her.
"JUUUUUUSTIIIIIIIINE," I shout as I lose myself in white heat. I fall onto the bed next to her.
"Oh Horatio," she says, "that was absolutely amazing."
"I enjoyed it too," I say smiling. I then feel her cuddle up to me and hear her sigh as she is probably drifting off to sleep. I also close my eyes and fall asleep with her in my arms.


* * * * * *

"So are you going to go over to her?" Hamlet says to me as I am dreaming of this fantasy.
"No," I reply as I turn away from probably my only chance at her. I feel bad, but I couldn't handle her rejecting me. Hamlet looks at me very shocked. He had put together this plan, and now I am turning away from it.
"Why are you not going to tell her?" he asks, very exasperated.
"It's not the right time," I say, looking at her longingly.
"When will be the right time then?"
"Sooner or later," I say patting his shoulder and signaling toward the mansion. He reluctantly follows.
"Hey," Justine yells after us, "wait up. I have been waiting to go to the movies with you guys for over half an hour. Let's get a move on, or we will really be late."


AN: Okay this is my first NC-17 type story. Please be gentle. I only wrote this because it was the right time for me. Any constructive criticism is appreciated.

Standard disclaimers apply. Justine is my character, and only mine. The others are created by the Bard and I just used them for my own purposes. Don't sue me.