Fan Fiction ❯ No Ordinary Day. ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Looking out of the window this high up, everything looked so peaceful, calm and quiet. Being up here gave me a sense of power, triumph-if you will, about making it this far in life.
Turning on the radio and sitting down at my desk to finish my last-minute paperwork, I thought about the graceful rocking of the tower, almost imagining I could feel the rocking. Soft and slow. Back and forth.
But wait! I can feel the tower rocking! And it's going so much faster that I thought! So very much faster!
Grabbing hold of my desk, I look out the window. Smoke billows up from about 5 stories below me.
The building shuddered violently before lurching forward. Papers flying off of my desk and filing cabinets fell over onto the floor.
Finding my feet and running toward the door, I grabbed the knob and pulled and twisted with all of my strength to no avail. I knelt down upon the floor and, knowing there was no one out there that could possibly hear me yell for help, I folded my hands and began to pray.
As the tower began to actually fall over, I thought about my family. My husband and my three-year-old who would worry when I didn't come home.




...after all, the only thing I did today was come to work...