Fan Fiction ❯ Old Friends, New Friends ❯ Old ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

HI!

No, don't own anything except Cat, so there!

NOTE!: IF YOU ARE READING THIS FIRST, THEN IT'S THE WRONG ONE! I'VE TRIED TO CHANGE IT, BUT IT WOULDN'T WORK GOMEN NASAI!!!!

Chapter two

Catherine smiled as she was led through the hallways of her old school, Dumbledore in front and pointing out anything that might be new since she had graduated.

"So," Dumbledore began, "How was America? I hope your parents are doing well? And what of your brothers? The last I heard, your older brother Jason was in Hong Kong helping with an outbreak of angry Fireball dragons."

Cat couldn't suppress a laugh as she remembered her brother's clothes when he had also come home to visit. Completely burned and singed, Jason had looked as if he had just walked through a fire.

"Oh Jason is fine! A little on the "well done" side though, if you know what I mean. As for Marik, he was still at home, working with the American ministry. Actually, he sent something for you…"

And that said, she pulled out her wand, and with a simple word, apparated a rather large box in front of her.

"Go ahead and open it then. I'm curious to see what's in it too!" she insisted.

As soon as the top had come off, Dumbledore's face broke into a grin, for inside the box was what seemed to be a year's supply of lemon drops!

"Well now, this is certainly welcome!" He proclaimed. "I was rather low on these myself. I'll have to send him something in return. Perhaps some Every Flavor Beans…, Ah Severus! Come and say hello to your old classmate!"

Sure enough, Snape had just appeared from the direction of the dungeons, and was heading their way. As always, Cat noted, his hair was still slick with grease, and had a look on his face as if daring someone to try and make him laugh. She briefly wondered though if his attitude had changed…

"Hello, Catherine. I must say, when I heard that you would be teaching these new classes, I began to worry for the students. You always were a little hot headed. Especially whenever you went up against Black if I remember correctly."

"Nope. Still the same, in-your-face attitude that made him so "unpopular" with James and the others…"

"Don't worry Severus; I have no intention of harming a student. Although, I would like to see if your sparring skills have improved any lately. If I remember correctly, you were quite a beginner for the first couple of years."

The comment struck deep, as she could almost feel the difference in temperature as Snape walked away quickly, muttering under his breath.

"Probably thinking of some new kind of way to hex me." She thought. "Oh well, no difference there!"

"Now that wasn't very nice, Catherine. After all, he was only trying to make a polite conversation." Dumbledore chastised, causing her to give an unladylike snort as they continued to tour the castle, saying hello to the teachers as they made way to the Griffindor Tower.

"I suppose you'll be wanting to stay in your old house?" Dumbledore asked as they made their way to the entrance.

"Of course, and by the way, where is Remus? I hear that he was also teaching. Does he know that I'm also doing the same thing? What is he teaching? Oh it'll be great to see him again! Why we haven't been able to talk since James and Lily…"

Catherine cut herself short as the memories came back.

The Potter's being killed off mercilessly by Voldemort.

Voldemort disappearing after trying to kill Harry.

Peter being killed by Sirius.

Sirius going to Azkaban…

"Sirius…" she thought sadly. Out of all the Marauders, Sirius had been the one that had interested her the most when she first met them. He had had an air about him that told you that he was tough, and didn't bother to hide it either. Always carefree, doing what he wanted. The only person at the time who was able to deflate him had been James, who actually was able to one-up him in some categories. He had always been there for her though. Whenever she got into a fight with Snape or that ARROGANT Malfoy, or when she almost got caught after personally gluing Ms. Norris to the wall by her tail with super-strong, everlasting glue, he had been there to knock down people or pull her out of trouble.

"Not anymore though. Remember Cat? He was sent to prison after murdering Peter and all those muggles."

"Catherine? Are you quite alright?" Asked Dumbledore, who was staring at her intently.

"Oh, I'm fine, really Headmaster; Just a little tired from my trip." She said quickly, regaining her composure and pushing her thoughts to the back of her mind. "I think I'll be going to bed now, goodnight Headmaster."

"Of course," he said after a while. "I'll see you at breakfast then?"

"Of course." She replied, though the thought of a nice bed was already making her drowsy.

"…Catherine? Have you been able to read the paper lately?"

"No, not since I came to London. Why? Did I miss something?"

"Oh nevermind, you'll probably find out tomorrow."

"Well, ok then, goodnight Dumbledore."

"Goodnight, Catherine."

Far away, the most unusual sight consisting of an engorged woman, a now purple-faced man, a shrieking lady, and an "unusual" boy was being played, while outside, the noises were picked up by a pair of black ears…

Whew! This is hard on the finger pads! I'll update soon ok?