Fan Fiction ❯ Old Friends, New Friends ❯ Isabella! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

Hi, don't own anything except Cat, Jen, and Bella.

I'm sorry, but MediaMiner is going REALLY slow for me, so it might take a while to get to it. (I waited 20 minutes once for it to come up.)

Onward!

Also, because for reasons that I don't know, I'm gonna add a random quote from now on.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

- General George Patton (1885-1945)

LOL!

Anyway

Chapter 5

The days after his encounter with Fudge and Ms. Hunter had been absolutely great for Harry. He had never been allowed to get up whenever he wanted at the Dursleys, and was taking full advantage of this new freedom, sometimes staying in bed till ten or eleven o'clock. After he got up and had breakfast, which was usually Ms. Hunter, as she checked up on him regularly, they would then head into Diagon Alley, where she would then show Harry every shop there was to offer.

Today was a bit different, as Catherine (who had asked Harry to call her that when they were alone) had left him to run a few errands and said that she would meet him at the Quality Quidditch Supplies shop in three hours, and then left him near the Apothecary. Just as Harry had turned around to enter the herb shop, he was suddenly knocked down as someone ran into him making his or her way out of the store.

"OWW!"

"Ouch!'

Looking from his new place on the ground, he was surprised to see a girl about his age with back length, wavy blonde hair in front of him, now holding her head as if to try to stop it from spinning.

"I'm sorry!" Harry said hastily, getting up and pulling her up with him.

"Oh that's ok; I should've watched where I was going, but those herbs starting to get to me, so I was trying to get out as soon as I could." The new girl said with a light voice.

Harry started to get a strange feeling in his stomach, but dismissed it along with everything else when she smiled at him.

"She could run into me a hundred times if she smiled at me like that again." He thought to himself, before he noticed that she had said something to him.

"Umm…sorry, what?"

"I said, "My name's Isabella Griffith, what's yours?"" she repeated, laughing at his still dazed expression.

"Oh, I'm sorry, my name's Harry Potter."

"Well then, hello Harry. Have you gotten your books yet? I've still got to buy mine and-what?"

Harry had been staring at her with a very confused expression and continued to do so as he spoke,

"Aren't you gonna start worshiping me or something?"

"W-what?"

"I mean, how come you aren't talking about how I'm the Boy-Who-Lived or something? Not that I want you to, it's just that you're one of the first not to do so, and it's kind of weird being treated normal for once."

"Oh! Well, I don't know, I guess I thought that you would prefer being normal, and just hoped that you weren't someone who got big-headed with fame, you know?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I know some people that already think too much of themselves because of their family, and they still aren't happy."

"Ditto." She laughed.

"Hey! I've got an idea Harry; why don't you and I grab something to eat, and then we'll finish our shopping together? That way, we can get to know each other!"

"Sure!" Harry said, smiling at the opportunity just given to him. "Where do you want to eat? I'm not very used to Diagon Ally, but I know some spots that are pretty good."

"Ummm... how about the Leaky Cauldron?" Isabella suggested.

"That's a great idea! That's one of the places I know best. I'm staying there until school starts."

"Really? What's it like there? Do they really get hags and stuff there?"

Both Harry and Bella (as she had asked to be called) continued to chat as they reached the Inn and ordered their lunch. Eventually, Harry found out that Bella was a transfer student from New York, and was here to finish her studies while her father and mother continued doing their jobs for World Wide Creature Management, or WWCM as she called it.

"I'm really lucky that my parents have the job they do. I always get to see rare animals, like pixies and stuff. Sometimes, they have to rehabilitate creatures and take them home first. That's really fun! They've come home with baby unicorns, and once, a real baby New Orleans Swamp Water dragon, and it made a mess of the house. Luckily, we have a house on the outside of the big cities with a lot of free space, so on one heard it. My friend Jennifer was always saying that our house was eventually gonna break down from the sound."

"Jennifer?" Harry asked.

"Jennifer Shelton. She's my friend from my old school. She's really nice. I wish I knew what happened to her. One day, she suddenly had to move somewhere, and I don't even know if she's still in America. She never got to tell me. I just hope I can see her someday."

"I'm sorry," Harry said sympathetically, "I've got a feeling that you'll see each other real soon! My feelings are never wrong!"

"Woah, confident aren't we?" Bella joked, "Thanks though, I hope you're right, or I'm gonna curse you for getting my hopes up! What? Harry? Harry, I was kidding!"

Harry had been looking at her with terror, but started laughing at the expression on her face until he couldn't breathe.

"Harry? Harry! Hey, Harry! Over here!"

Hearing his name, Harry stopped laughing are looked for the source of the voice, until his eyes rested at the doorway to the Cauldron, where Hermione and Ron were waving at him.

"Hey guys!" Harry shouted happily, "Come on over, I want you to meet someone!"

Walking over to Harry and Bella's table, Hermione and Ron took a seat and proceeded to introduce themselves to the new girl Harry had been hanging out with.

"Hello," Hermione started, "I'm Hermione Granger."

"And I'm Ron Weasley, what's your name?" He asked.

"My name's Isabella Griffith, but my friends call me Bella. Nice to meet you, Harry's told me a lot about you guys." She said.

"Really?" Ron asked, "Good or bad?"

"Well, he's told me that you have a lot of family, that Hermione is the smart one, and that you two are going out." She said sweetly.

Blanching, Hermione and Ron both turned to Harry with murder in their eyes.

"You did WHAT?!?" They chorused, almost knocking Harry off his chair.

"Hahaha!!!! Oh my gosh, I'm kidding! Sorry, but I wanted to see what you would do! I'm sorry! I swear I won't do it again!" Bella said, trying not to laugh more than she was at the way both Hermione's and Ron's faces had turned red enough to out do Ron's hair.

"These guys are really great." Bella thought as they proceeded to exchange stories until they left together to finish off the rest of their shopping.

Ok I'm gonna end it there please don't hurt me.

Next chapter; Draco meets Jennifer, Jennifer meets Bella, then they proceed to go and meet Cat, who knows Both Anne and Isabella!

Jeez! That was a crappy ending, but I had to do it.

NEXT CHAPTER!

Draco meets Jennifer, and then Jennifer and Pansy get in a fight! Afterwards, Jen meets up with Harry and Anne!, Then They all meet up with Cat, who knows Jen and Bella!

Woah.

Small world.