Fan Fiction ❯ Only a Picture ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts! All I own is my poems. Thank you! ^-^

Author’s Note: So…how did you like the first chapter? I thought it was okay. I didn’t see to many reviews, but maybe after this chapter more people will start wanting to review! ^-^ Anyway, enjoy!

 

 

Chapter 2

 

Another night with no sleep

Tired eyes, but no dreams

I look into the darkness

What do I see?

The shadows as they watch me…

Even though I don’t move

I feel as if I’m gone

Away as I look upon the darkness…that I suddenly call my home.

A place to relax

A place to see naught

Only black and the shadows around me

Even though I want to leave

Even though all I want is sleep…

The darkness always prevails…

And I feel so weak.

Even though you think I lie

Even though I want to cry

It’s not a dream

Or a fantasy

It’s real…

Because the darkness is inside of me…

-By Mandeth

 

_______________________

 

Chapter 16

 

 

Darkness…

The single dwelling where he could all of a sudden relax and think. An area where he could assemble among his rancorous creations and experience their talons, scraping up against him as if to remind him of the encumbrance he undergoes every day. Though he coped with the pain, he actually took pleasure in the feeling of something was caring about him. Though that wouldn’t make much sense to the normal person’s mind…it did with him.

Every time he tried his luck in falling into a dreamless slumber, the darkness would tug on his heart, wrenching him from what he desired for. Almost more than having revenge on his ex-best friend, who appeared to disregard him and he grabbed some random duck and dog to replace him.

The irony of it all…it was so excruciating. It felt like someone was tugging at his heart strings and they abruptly seemed to seize a knife and hack them one-by-one. Once the last string was cut…he didn’t know what would happen.

As another talon scraped his pale skin, he wondered how he ever got into this predicament. Was he being punished because of his dream to explore other worlds? Was it because he wanted to be free…or was it something entirely different? Something he had no control of and yet…he knew nothing of at the same time…whatever…it probably was because it was his destiny.

Destiny…

The bitch of all his troubles. Could she grant him a solitary serene night of a dreamless slumber and without the talons of the darkness grazing against him till he cried out in pure pain, wanting to shed unwanted tears that would only be lost to the darkness? He was such a confusing being and a weak one as well. First he loved the darkness and now he loathed it?

That was how it was…the darkness was loved at times and it was definitely hated at times. So what if Riku loved and hated it? That was just who he was…

Speaking of the darkness, his eyes narrowed a tad as he heard the little footsteps of his most prized creature…and his most hated…oh the irony…

Heartless Sora stood a few feet from his master and felt the power radiating from his creator. He watched as his master turned toward him with a bitter gleam in his turquoise orbs. Heartless Sora spoke without further ado.

Master…Master’s other is leaving world…Master’s other is sad…Master’s other want-

“He is not my other…” Riku growled and averted his gaze from the dark silhouette he constructed with his own two hands. “Continue…”

Heartless Sora blinked his amber orbs and it straightened up, continuing his message. Keyblade…traveling away…keyblade wants company of master…keyblade wants-

“Stop…” Riku demanded and the heartless halted…its eyes cool and unfazed by the sudden command thrown at it.

“Tell me where he is going…”

Master…Heartless Sora does not know where Master’s other is headed to…Master want Heartless Sora to find out?

A dry smirk forced its way onto Riku’s lips. “No…” The boy turned his back to the heartless and sniggered. “I’ll send him a present…”

Yes master…as Master wishes…Master is the best! Master knows what Master wants! Heartless Sora will gather Master’s other creations…Master want this yes?

Riku glanced back toward his creation and his smirk extended. “Why not? Send some of my best creations…let him have some fun…”

Yes Master! As Master wishes…

“Good…” Riku watched with unfazed orbs as menacing murky pools surrounded his being and heartless of all types poured out of them, glancing up at their master, who seemed to scowl from the sudden occurrence of heartless in his gloomy bedroom. “Just go…and bring me back a present…”

Yes master! The heartless murmured in unison and they vanished into the darkness, Riku suddenly felt so lonesome, but reserved it to himself not in the mood to dispirit himself any further.

Trailing over toward his large black sheeted bed, Riku laid skewed on top of it, closing his weary orbs, fighting back the sleep he craved. He felt his body shut down and a smile replaced his frown as nothing was trying to wrench him from the slumber he desired. He was so close to sleep…so…close…

“Wake up, boy…” A familiar bitter voice, interrupted the process of sleep and he turned onto his side, hoping the dim-witted witch would acquire the hint and leave him be.

“Riku…” She threatened and he waved an arm dismissively, giving her yet another hint for her to depart so he could sleep.

Just as he felt like he was snoozing, he sensed his body shudder violently and he wailed out in sheer pain. Whatever was yanking at his heart strings was tugging this one aggressively and Riku grasped his shirt-covered chest, rolling off the bed and onto the freezing solid cemented floor. Beads of sweat descended onto the ground and began to form a pool of water. His eyes couldn’t focus and all he wanted was to go back home…away from this wicked witch. Suddenly, the shudders and the pain utterly disappeared and Riku glanced up at the witch which had an amused smirk on her hideous face.

“I have a special surprise for you boy…” She turned her back to Riku and her cloak smacked him in the face. Riku scowled and Maleficent began to amble off. Without another word, Riku pursued after her like an inquisitive petite five year old.

________________________

“Well another world saved!” Quacked the duck as he raised his feather in triumph.

“Gawrsh! It was tough though!” Goofy sighed, but had a huge smile on his face. Sora on the other hand planted a small smile to his lips and nodded, feeling weary of the tremendous burden he withheld on his body. He was indeed tired of walking and was welcoming the bed in his room in Traverse Town. Slight pain in his feet, Sora yawned and was glad that he had saved Ariel and King Triton’s world. He even learned how to swim differently and he actually breathed underwater! It was amazing!

“Sora? Sora are you listening?” An annoyed voice asked and Sora glanced over toward Donald, which glared at him for not paying any attention to him.

“Huh?”

“Aw phooey!” Donald waved it off and they continued pacing toward their house in the Third District.

Master’s other is here…

Sora froze upon perceiving a voice inside his head. He glanced around, but discovered no one in sight. Despite the voice, he continued pacing wearily, contemplating on how long it would take to get home.

Keyblade! Keyblade! Voices in unison shrieked with joy. Sora glanced around again and gazed over to his two friends just chatting away. He suddenly realized he was trailing behind and quickened his pace.

Get him! Remember what master said…bring master a present!

Then all at once, shadows from near and far, glided across the cemented ground and popped up groups at a time. Sora unexpectedly felt a metallic weight in his hand and glanced down to see his keyblade humming and ready for action.

They attacked in unison and Sora fought on instinct, wildly swinging his keyblade to and fro, causing the heartless to shudder and back away. He could hear the thunder booming in the background as he recognized Donald casting a thunder spell at a group of Heartless. Sora took out another one with a swing of his keyblade. This was getting very far at the rate they were going. Scowling, Sora glanced back at his friends to see more groups of Heartless popping up out of the ominous pools of darkness.

“Sora! Watch out!”

Sora averted his gaze away from his two friends and gasped as he was met with a Heartless with the features of him. His black spiky hair, swayed to and fro from the Aero spell that Donald swiftly cast on Sora and the amber orbs staring into his cobalt ones seemed to loath him for unknown reasons. The Heartless had a small smirk plastered on its black face and Sora’s lips pulled down into a deep frown. What was a heartless doing looking like him? With the blink of Sora’s blue orbs, the heartless was gone. Pondering that he was imagining things, his shield of wind suddenly departed and Sora was too sluggish for the attack to his head as he grunted in pain as his eyes rolled back into his head and all he heard before he passed out was:

Backstabber…

___________________

  < p> 

 

A long-fingered cold hand was suddenly placed on his back as Riku glanced up at the witch that saved him from his ex-best friend. Even though sometimes he thought she was the cause of his pain and a nightmare to live with, she could be tolerable at other times such as these.

“Well…I have found something you will definitely enjoy…boy.” The powerful hand on his back rose and pointed with one long finger toward a door that they were halted in front of. It was a light green door beautifully designed and it seemed so novel yet so ancient. The rest of the room was lit up with pink and green lights and Riku wondered why this place was so lit up compared to the rest of Hollow Bastion. Riku hesitated before he approached the door and he placed the palm of his hand onto the door and pushed and watched as the door opened on its own and a bright light flashed into his orbs rendering him blind for the moment.

What he saw would change his life forever…

 

___________________________

 

Well I’m going to stop there and I’ll make you wonder where he is! How did you readers like it? This chapter wasn’t too exciting because I had to get the plot moving along. Chapter three will definitely make you think. ^-^ Anyway please keep reading and REVIEW!! REVIEW!! REVIEW!!