Fan Fiction ❯ Slade's last bow ❯ A Guardian and a Gift ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the Teen Titans, and I never will.

Summary: After her first full year as a Titan Raven has the same reoccurring dream. Who is this person she dreams of saving a mysterious baby. And Raven is free to use her emotions thanks to a guardian in her mirror. Will this strike a romance between Raven and Robin? Of course it will! What did you expect?

Slade's last bow

Ch. 1: A guardian and a gift.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Raven. Happy birthday to you." It was Raven's 14th birthday and she was celebrating with the Titans for a change. "Oh! Glorious 14th earth year friend Raven!" Starfire began. "You are the wonderful big sister me and Terra never had. We love you sister Raven." She said as she pulled her into a death hug followed by Terra. "Yeah, what she said." "I…*gasp* love…*gasp* …you to Star and …*gasp* Terra…now let me go." Starfire and Terra had become like little sisters to Raven over their first year as the Teen Titans, Raven always showed Starfire and Terra new things, like how to beat up perverts on the street without killing them, but that's just one of many. Starfire and Terra let Raven go and stood back letting the next person in. Cyborg walked up to Raven, "Happy birthday girl! Show me some love baby sistah!" Raven smirked and gave her `big brother' a hug. Cyborg was like Raven's big brother; he was her protector her guardian whenever Raven needed something Cyborg was the man to ask. Cyborg let Raven go and as soon as he moved out of the way a green dog jumped on Raven and licked her face, Raven started laughing, which she hardly ever does, "Beast Boy... hahaha …. Stop it!… haha ..!" Beast Boy got off of Raven and changed back into a human. Raven spoke up, "Next time try a hug, baby brother." She said with a smile, it was true, Raven was always getting BB out of trouble this past year and even now it never ceased. "Whatever," Beast Boy began. "Love ya' sis!" Raven smirked and turned her head. Last but not least, there was Robin, Raven's love interest; unknown to the other Titans Raven had secretly been crushing on Robin. He approached her and gave her a hug, a hug that seemed much more than the other one's she received. He whispered in her ear, "I love you Raven." And her gave her a kiss on the cheek. `Does he mean…? Yeah right, it's only because it's my birthday. Besides, he's got Star.' Raven thought. "Love you too Robin." She told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At about midnight, all the Titans except Raven were peacefully sleeping. Raven on the other hand was having `the dream' again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dream Sequence~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raven, Robin, and a girl that Raven didn't know were fighting Slade in an abandoned warehouse.

The girl was doing most of the work using her sword to slash up Slade. "You guys go!" She said. "I'll take care of him." She ordered.

White Flash

Now on the roof of Titans' Tower, there is a wedding altar set up. Robin stands at the altar waiting for his bride to come out. Beast Boy is the best man, Starfire walks out with a baby, the baby is throwing flower petals and laughing. Next comes Speedy and the girl from the first dream linked arms walking down the aisle, and then Aqualad and another girl, Raven doesn't know. Then the organ starts playing `Here comes the Bride.' Cyborg walks down the aisle with a woman in a purple wedding gown linked to his arm. He lets go at the front row and sits down, the woman continues walking and faces Robin at the altar. Robin removes the woman's veil to reveal a blushing Raven with a smile on her face. The priest speaks until he gets to, "If anyone objects to the union of these two, speak now or forever hold your peace." Just then something falls on the roof and there is an explosion of gas. Everybody starts coughing and when the dust clears Slade is running off with the baby Starfire was holding. Robin sees Slade with the baby, "SLAAAADE!!" he yells with tears running down her face. "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Raven yells. Then the unknown girl, who was walking with Speedy down the aisle, emerges in her fighting uniform she looks to Robin and Raven. "You two man Headquarters. Have the other Titans clear out the civilians. He'll be expecting the whole team to come I'll go, I'll bring back your baby. I swear, however I can't say the same about me." Before anyone could say a word she turns into a shadow and she's gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Dream Sequence~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raven shot up in a cold sweat, "What does this mean?" she asked no one in particular. "Who was that girl, and is that baby mine and,… Robin's?" she asked herself. "Are we going to, … Yeah right. Stop getting your hopes up Raven." She said to herself. "He likes Starfire. You can't change that." Silently, she went to her mirror and in a second she vanished into it.

She looked around but couldn't find her emotions. "Hello?" she asked. *silence* she continued walking until she saw a figure in a white cloak. She approached it. "Wh-who are you?" Raven asked. The figure turned around, revealing a woman that looked like an older Raven, the figure spoke up. "I'm Arella, your mother Raven." Tears began brimming Raven's eyes. "M-mom?" Raven ran to her mother to embrace her but she couldn't "Why can I not touch you?" Raven asked. "Because dear Raven, I am only here in sprit. I am her to guide and protect you." "From what?" Raven asked. "During this period of your life Raven, you will be experiencing many emotions you're not used to. And you will become vulnerable to Trigon. He will be trying desperately to manipulate you, but as long as I am here he will not harm you. As long as I am here your mind will remain pure. As long as I am here you will be safe." Raven looked up to her mother. "I love you mom." "I love you too my daughter." "Mom? What are these events I will be having? That cause me to experience new emotions." Arella looked down at her daughter. "I am sorry, I cannot tell you what events will occur, however I will tell you some of the emotions you will have. There will be pain, sadness, anger, and rage. But there will also be surprise, happiness, comfort, safety, and most importantly love. I don't mean like how you love me, I mean the feeling to truly love someone, and the feeling to be loved back. I am sorry my daughter, but you must go. Remember to not come in the mirror, or else Trigon could be unleashed, you can contact me in your mind. I love you my daughter." With that Arella vanished. "I love you too mommy." Suddenly Raven appeared in her bed.

"Perhaps what I want the most will happen, maybe Robin will become more than a friend." her thoughts were cut short by knocking on her door. `Who could that be?' she asked herself. "Who's there?" she asked aloud. "Your fearless leader, who's sorry for waking you up." Came Robin's voice. Raven smiled slightly, and said, "Come in." the door opened and Robin stuck his head in, and then he came in, and shut the door. "Uh," he began. "I was going to give this to you earlier, but I didn't wanna embarrass you in front of everybody." He said sitting next to her on the bed. He pulled out a small box and Raven opened it, he heard a small gasp escape her lips. It was a gold chain and on the end was a raven-shaped pendant; she opened it and gasped again this time blushing. It was a picture from when they went to the carnival. Robin and Raven were in a picture booth, and the picture in the pendant was from when Robin kissed Raven on the cheek. Even though in the picture she was smiling, she accidentally threw him into the water after they took the picture.

She looked up at Robin, blushing from the memory. "Robin I-it's beautiful." Raven said, `Not as beautiful as you.' Robin thought. Raven heard his thoughts and blushed even more. Out of nowhere she hugged Robin and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Robin smiled and turned to look at Raven with her arms around his neck. He put his hands on her waist and they were leaning in. Just as they were about to kiss,

`BOOM BOOM BOOM!'

Sorry to cut it short but I need reviews before I continue. Tell me what you think.