Fan Fiction ❯ Spoiler ❯ Spoiler ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

I walked into the living room to find Zelor sitting on the couch with his face in his hands. I walked over to him and sat down placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Zelor, what's wrong?" I asked with confusion.

He slowly lifted his head away from his hands to look at me. His eyes were glazed over as if he was about to cry. I'd never seen this side of him before. I changed my expression to my serious one.

"What happened?" I said.

He blinked and looked at the floor, hair falling in his face.

"It's Kaz…" he said, his voice shaken.

I felt my heart sink as dread over came me.

"What happened?" I repeated.

"He was killed during battle this afternoon." He said looking at me, his face streaked with tears.

I just stared at him. I didn't know what to think. It was like time stopped and my brain wouldn't let me except this incoming news.

I slowly felt my eyes glaze. I shook my head.

"No - no. He… he can't be,"

My eyes began to burn as tears slid down my cheeks. Zelor embraced me as the news finally hit me hard. This wasn't fair. My children weren't supposed to die before me. Not only had Kaz been my first born and my oldest he had been the one who hadn't received all my love for him. I might have had a slight grudge against him but deep somewhere inside me I loved him. I truly did. Maybe it was that motherly instinct but I all of a sudden felt as though my life had ended and I was no more. I knew Zelor has felt sorrow as well even if Kaz was his enemy. He was still his father and nothing would ever change that.