Fan Fiction ❯ Sun Fyre ❯ In which they meet the last member of their party ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2- In which they meet the last member of their party

The sisters approached the town of Oakshire two days after their departure from the grove in which they had awoken. They stood on the outskirts looking in warily. The light sister looked down at herself and blushed, " My human emotions are coming back, I feel embarrassment at the state of my body."

The dark sister looked at her and smirked, "Well, with that body I'd feel embarrassed too."

"Funny," was all the other sister spat. She looked at herself having not seen her body in over a century. It was soft and curvy, but pale and delicate at the same time. Silver tattoos covered her shoulders and back, runes that made no sense even to her. Her white blond hair hung to her knees in a disheveled mess. I wonder why it didn't stop growing even when I was "sleeping?" She thought to herself. Her mercury colored eyes turned to look at sister who obviously wasn't getting her human emotions back because she didn't even look slightly annoyed at the naked state of her body. Her sisters dark raven black hair hung to her knees in a knotted and matted mess, full of sticks, leaves, and mud. However, her sister's body was entirely different from hers. It was all angles and planes, shadows and dips, valleys and mountains. Her sisters' violet eyes drifted to the side to look at her.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked pleasantly, but the sudden relief in her lighter sister made her eyebrow peak in a confused arch.

"Ebony, I'm glad your feelings are coming back," replied her sister.

"Luna, why did you think I wasn't?" replied her sister hotly, "Because I'm comfortable with my body? Perhaps you should ask next time before becoming overly distraught about me, ok."

Luna mumbled an apology to her sister and bowed her head in submission; her older sister had always been touchy when it came to worrying about her.

Ebony then turned fully to look at Luna and then hissed, "Besides, who said you could call me by my given name any way?"

Luna shrugged and opened her mouth to speak, but Ebony silenced her, "Shh, you don't know if anyone is listening right now. No one can know our given names do you understand? That would severely compromise our mission, do you realize what I'm saying?"

Luna nodded and mumbled, " I understand, Eb---,"

Ebony glared and placed her hands on her sisters shoulders, "Alright from now on, I am Onyx, and you are Lily."

Luna sighed, "Alright, but why do I have to be called Lily?"

Onyx shrugged, her face softening to what is usually looked like, cool indifference, "Pick one then, but please be quick I hear something…"

Luna nodded and moved toward the shadows, her silver body not easily able to hide in the darkness, it seemed to shine with its own brightness.

"Did you hear something Misha?" called an unknown voice from just beyond Onyx's vision.

"No," came a sweet sighing voice, "Let's just hurry home, Mother will be angry."

The two stepped into the clearing in which Onyx and Luna were just present. They stepped right into the middle before stopping and sitting on a rock that was wide enough to fit both the small woman and the large man.

The man tilted his head at the sound of Luna shifting feet, his flame red hair catching the moonlight and making him seem ethereal. His profile was all Onyx could see, but her heart jumped two beats and her jaw dropped.

"Damien," she whispered into the wind.

His brows furrowed and he tilted his head again, "Did you hear something?"

The small woman wrapped her arms around his torso and pulled him closer, "No Aidan, just the sounds of the forest." He seemed reluctant to let her touch him, but also at a crossroads on how to tell her and not be rude.

Luna had also noticed whom he looked like and gave a look of disgust at the name Aidan. The name Aidan just wasn't given to one with blood lineage like the one he had. He had begun to relax when no other sounds came from the surrounding forest and Onyx gave her a signal, they had practiced this ambush many times. Clothing was often needed and money wasn't a thing they found easy to come by.

Luna stepped into the clearing, directly into a beam of moonlight, her eyes closed. Her eyes were effective only the first time someone saw them, their mercury depths enrapturing those around her, her voice doing the same. A gasp arose from those in the clearing, and the small woman stammered, " Who, who are you?"

The man Onyx had called Damien took more action in rising to his feet and pulling a sword from under his cloak.

"Stand back, Misha," he growled.

Luna honed in on his voice and looked up then, her silver laced eyes willing him to become lost in their depths. She slid her arms around her body to hide her nakedness, the embarrassment a little much for her turbulent returning emotions.

"Do you remember me, Aidan?" was all she whispered.