Fan Fiction ❯ Sun Fyre ❯ In which they learn of the past... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3- In which they learn of the past

His eyes narrowed at the sound of his name.

"How do you know what they call me?" he growled at her, his eyes never leaving hers. He lowered his sword a bit, the tip just brushing the ground. "Who are you? You seem so familiar."

Onyx moved out of the shadows then, sidling up to the small woman Misha and sighing into her ear. Onyx's brand of magick sliding off her tongue thick with drowsiness, dripping with slumber, tinkling like a lullaby; if flowed up from her chest and into the ear of Misha. Her eyes flashed once with eerie brilliance and the small woman fell to her knees, and then proceeded to fall on her face fast asleep.

The man with flame colored hair regained his composure after Misha fell and stared icily at the sisters.

" I demand to know who you are, tell me or die," he barked at them.

Onyx let out an amused laugh and shook her head softly, "Tsk, tsk, Damien. You speak so crude in our presence. It is as if you truly are a human." She smirked at the last statement, a hint of fangs flashing in the moonlight. Her sister laughed at her statement, but continued to blush and pull her white blonde hair over her.

He dropped his sword then, his eyes widening in recognition. "How can it be? I saw you killed two thousand years ago," he exclaimed rushing forward to embrace the sisters, his arms easily encompassing them both and squeezing tightly.

Onyx growled slightly and nipped his arm gently to remind him to let her go. He let go quickly of her and rubbed his arm gingerly before allowing the other sister to leave his embrace. He shook his head with wonderment and smiled sitting on the rock behind him, forgetting about the sleeping Misha, "It is so good to see you both."

Onyx shrugged off his welcome by turning slightly to look at both him and her sister at the same time, "Do you remember how we died, Damien?"

He cringed at hearing his given name, and shook his head, "Don't call me that around here, Misha knows me as Aidan, but the others don't know me at all. Damien is still my given name."

She look slightly sorry but the glare she was giving him made him continue, " For you Eb-"

"Onyx," she corrected.

"Onyx," he conceded smiling, "For you they simply cut you until you died from blood loss. With out the moon to replenish your blood supply, you quickly died of natural causes." At his words Onyx looked at her body in the moonlight and saw the truth of his words, she was cut in a million places. Her Dragon Fey heritage a burden where once it had been a boon; she was unable to make her own blood, the moon had to replenish it for her. Scars covered her body, runes carved into her skin, others just slashes of rage and hate; she turned slightly to see the black dragon tattooed on her back that had been outlined by cuts was now framed by puckered white scar tissue. She swore viciously in a different language and turned back to him, her eyes straying to her sister for a moment, scanning her quickly for signs of the same damage. If they had touched her sister the way, they had her she swore she would hunt them down until not even their souls survived the sun's great burn.

"While Lu---" he began.

"Ivory," she corrected.

He smirked at her name choice, for that was what she was, a living statue of ivory. "They killed you by injecting you with pewter. Your body slowly hardened and then they threw you into a pond."

Ivory shuddered at the thought of her body hardening into an actual statue of herself, but before she could actually dwell on the though Onyx spoke up.

"So, how did you escape our persecution dear friend?" she questioned quietly.

"Coy saved me, he hid me in a cave for nearly a hundred years with all our weapons, armor, clothes, spells, and books and told me when the time was right I would meet up with you again." He looked to the sleeping form of Misha. "Only you've found me as I'm traveling back to Misha's home town to announce our marriage."

Ivory balked at this statement, "You're marrying this human?"

Onyx simply grew angry, " This is unheard of, Aidan," she spat.

He threw his hands up in mock surrender, "I didn't know when you were coming back, I had to appear human, and the best way is to get married when you're at your prime like I am."

Onyx crossed her arms over her ample chest and hissed, "Well you're not now because it will jeopardize our mission if a human is involved."

He shrugged, "Come off it guys, it was only a disguise, and I have to live a little. It's not as if we're immortal. ."

Ivory and Onyx looked at each other and simultaneously said, "It appears we are."