Fan Fiction ❯ The Lost Kingdom of Mermangia ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1: Betrayal

Alex woke up late on a bright Sunday morning in Zodiac City. It was one of those days where you'd want to go out and just have some fun, but Alex didn't feel like this today. He felt grayer inside than brighter, like it was raining. He also felt a lot of pain in his head. The brown-haired 17 year old looked outside his window and sighed as the sun burned brightly in the blue sky, and the waves of the ocean gently hit the shoreline.

Last night was very upsetting for Alex. His girlfriend, Daisy, had just broken up with him. As he stared out his window, he remembers the painful moment.

"Hey Daisy, wait up!" Alex ran over to his girlfriend who was having a few drinks at the party being held in the Fergison Mansion. She made a look that seemed as if he embarrassed her.

"Hey Alex." She said, but turned away to talk to her "friends." This was the only thing Alex didn't like about Daisy. She was high class and he didn't mind that, but she was too fake, and too spoiled, but these were two very minor things, and they rarely bothered him.

"Hey, how about after this party, we… Well, you know." Her observing friends began to laugh.

"You know what, I've waited too long to say this. Alex, I'm sorry, but I have to break up with you." She gave him an upset, but like most of her emotions, it seemed fake.

"Okay." Alex was very hurt on the inside, but didn't show it. He felt hypocritical for being fake, but he didn't like crying. "Could you just tell me why?"

"I don't know. Actually, it seems like your going…"

"Going where?"

"Nowhere!"

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"I mean nowhere in life. Also, you're too much of a party animal. I liked that at first, but it's getting old."

"Okay." Alex, showed no emotion, but quickly ran out of the mansion to the beach nearby, where he could collect his thoughts.

Alex thought about possibly changing his life around, but then again, it seemed useless. Daisy was one of those people, who once they make up their mind, there's no going back.

Suddenly, Alex heard some laughter nearby. There sat some girl and Charlie Fergison. Alex went to investigate, and noticed it was Daisy.

"So this is why you broke up with me!"

"No…" Daisy was obviously drunk, "Well, yes. Charlie here is going somewhere, while you on the other hand, you are going nowhere!!!"

"She's right Alex. Partying is fun and all, but it won't add up to anything in the end." The two began laughing on the sand. Charlie stood up, and pointed his finger at Alex. Alex grew angry, and this was an emotion he didn't mind showing off. Alex ran up to him, and gave him a swift hook to Charlie's jaw. The rich weakling was out cold.

"Daisy, I think you're going nowhere! I didn't see it before, but you may have money, but that will buy true happiness. I could have given you that happiness."

"Without money! Sure, and maybe mermaids exist." She went to see how Charlie was doing. Alex walked away from the scene, and went to his apartment.

He pulled a small liquor bottle from underneath his bed, and drained the pain away, and eventually passed out on the bed.

Alex let a small tear escape his eye, but didn't let it travel far. After thinking about the painful night, he decided to get dressed for the day ahead of him. He wore a gray surf shirt, and a pair of black shorts with lightning bolts on them. He didn't bother doing his hair, because it was going to get wet eventually.

Alex went to the beach, and was ready to do some "fishing." He also liked to call this "babe watching." Alex usually got a lot of attention by surfing, so he retrieved his surfboard, and headed out into the wave-filled ocean.

Alex was an expert surfer, and had won many awards for it. Alex got far out into the ocean, and waited for that explosive wave to come. After a few minutes, the perfect one had come. The large blue curl formed, and Alex lay ready upon his board. As it rose, he began to stand, and sped through a water made tunnel as the wave came hurling down behind him. Another wave came right after it lifting the surfer up and pushing towards the shore.

Alex got ready now for his world famous maneuver, "The Lightning Expo Flip." He ducked down into the position, and was ready to for the flip. He had to wait for the perfect moment though. A seagull squawk and he knew now was the time. He flipped into the air, at least five feet higher than the wave. He formed a ball and flipped an amazing four timed. After coming out, the surfboard still underneath him, he landed perfectly and gently onto his surfboard performing a handstand! The group that had gathered along the shoreline, applauded as he walked through the water, waving to all his adoring fans.

After only getting a few feet onto the beach a group of girls came to get his autograph. So many girls, but so little time. As he gave out his signature, an arrogant smirk could be seen on his face. He hated to, but couldn't help it. After the group had left him, one girl stayed behind. She had long golden hair, and a body that could kill. She smiled proactively at him, and Alex approached, showing no fear once so ever.

"So what's your name, sweet cheeks?" Alex was a big old cornball when it came to pickup lines.

"Sweet Cheeks."

"What?"

"That's my name, Sweet Cheeks."

"Oh really." Alex was a little confused.

"Anyway, that was quite a feat you did out there." She gave Alex a sexy smile, and asked, "I was wondering what you were doing later tonight."

"Oh, not much."

"Well, I think we could find something." Now her look was talking and it was saying, something. It's quite inappropriate for the story, but anyway, Alex was willing to.

"Well, Sweet, where are we going to meet."

"Right here."

"A real beach lover I see."

"You know it." Alex and Sweet both let out a big laugh and it slowed down to a simple sigh.

"So I'll meet you here at what time?"

"Midnight."

"All right. Sounds cool." Alex walked away from the area with a big smile on his face. Nothing like this has ever happened to him. Daisy didn't even exist in his mind anymore, and the future was looking pretty Sweet.

Alex was carefree for the rest of the day. He got some lunch, did a little "exploring." When he found an "island" though he refused to stay, because there was only one "island" for him now. Its name was Sweet Cheeks.

He retuned home at about 11:30 PM and he quickly got ready. He wore a pair of jeans, and a red button-down shirt. He left the first two buttons open for a little sex appeal. He then wore a pair of sandals. He walked out red for his date with Sweet Cheeks.

He returned to the same spot that he met the blonde bombshell at. He sat and waited for her to come. He heard some footsteps nearby, but it was another couple walking on the shoreline. He then looked in the other direction to see his date coming along the shoreline in a sexy black outfit.

"Hi Alex."

"Hey Sweet." She gave Alex a kiss on the lips, and he responded well. Her kiss was good, but he'd had better. It didn't upset him though. The two laid on the beach, and after the kiss was over, Alex sat back up, and so did she.

"Oh Alex, I brought some drinks."

"What'd you bring."

"Some very special Grij Klono."

"Grij Klono!!! Isn't that really expensive!"

"I… I stole it." She seemed to be hiding something.

Alex didn't care though; he loved free drinks. He took a few sips of his, and began to get a slight buzz. She didn't touch hers though. After a few more sips, Alex began feeling sick. He frowned and his whole face turned green with illness.

Sweet was smiling, and said, "You feel tired don't you. Just rest your little head, and…" Before she finished her sentence, Alex passed out in her lap.