Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown ❯ The beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 1:
 
“But I don't want to be Queen,” said Evette indignantly, “not if it means marrying that pompous pincushion!” Evette glared at her mother and father, the King and Queen of France.
“I'm afraid you have no choice,” replied the King calmly, “if you wish to remain a part of this family, if you want the world to know that you are the daughter of King Louis XIV, you will do as you are told. Now go to your chambers.”
“But-“
“GO TO YOUR CHAMBERS, GIRL!”
Evette stared at her simmering father, who was so red he looked like the lobster they had for dinner. Then she looked at her placid mother, who sat smiling at an invisible crowd of admirers. Then, with a small toss of her head, Evette turned around and stormed out of the throne room, her long brown girls bouncing angrily behind her.
Evette ran into her ornate bedroom, slamming the door behind her. She sat on the bed, breathing slowly to try and calm herself down. “Why should I have to marry,” thought Evette, “why can't I just rule France by myself? I know all about politics, and besides, I'm too young to marry. I'm barely seventeen. And it's not like France is in immediate need for an heir. Father's still got a good twenty years ahead of him before he's too old.”
Evette thought about her future husband, His Excellency, Lord Edward of England. He was old enough to be her father, and even more power-hungry. She pictured him as a short, squat man with a dainty mustache and a body very much like a miniature planet. She realized in horror that is she married him; she would have to bear his children. She pictured her mother, only fifteen, going through painful labor for over six hours as she gave birth to her only daughter. The Queen was lucky to have lived; she was so weak after giving birth to that precious child. The whole kingdom was expecting an announcement of young Marie Antoinette's death, but it never came. Thus, Evette, the princess of France was born. Now, seventeen years later, Evette was facing a fate very similar to her mother's.
“I will NOT marry a man more than twenty years my senior, and then be expected to pleasure him every night! I am a virgin, and I plan to remain that way until I meet someone I love, not a power-hungry ball of money!” Exclaimed Evette aloud. With that, she grabbed her long black cloak and wrapped it strategically around her body to conceal her fine garments. She walked to her balcony, walked down her staircase to her private courtyard, and approached the surrounding wall. With a deep breath, she grazed the enormous wall, then, once at the top, jumped down on the foreign ground outside the castle. With a quick glance to make sure no guards had seen her, she ran towards the unknown horizon, not sure of what she would find beyond it.
 
 
Thanks for reading, and please review! I'm new at this but I'll take any criticisms, as long as their not too tough! Will most likely get the next chapter out tomorrow. Thanks again!