Fan Fiction ❯ Unleashing the Hounds ❯ Hell Hath No Fury like an Angered Woman ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Unleashing the Hounds

By: Lady Mars

Part One: Hell Hath No Fury like an Angered Woman

A/N: This one belongs to me and ONLY me. It's my own creation and well, you have to ask to use it. I hope you enjoy this one, it's going to be a little different. Most of the characters in this story are furries, animals with human characteristics. Most of them will be common animals, but the ones who aren't will get an explanation. Enjoy.

* * *

The girl shifted her bag across her shoulders. It had been a long week for her up to this point and needed a drink, a lot of them. She mingled through the streets, trying to find a bar in which she most likely wouldn't get mugged, or at least try to get mugged. She stepped through the door, inhaling the scents of hard liquor and cheep cigars. 'Finally,' she thought, dropping her bag next to a stool and having a seat. The bar tender strolled up to her.

"What can I get you doll?" he asked, a hint of a southern accent tainting his voice.

"A screwdriver and two shots of tequila," she mumbled back. The bar tender arched his eyebrow at her.

"Are you sure?" She tilted her head up to get a better look at the man.

"Yes," she replied with a small smile. The man shrugged and set to work on her order. A few minutes later, he set the drinks down in front of her. She downed the two shots and turned to her screwdriver. The bar tender's jaw dropped at the sight of this woman taking shots like no man he had ever met.

"So what brings a charming lady like you to a dump like this?"

"'An attempt to find better pick-up lines." The man's face fell; she hit below the belt. He chuckled lightly.

"I take it you've heard a few?"

"Yeah, I have. If you can come up with a new one, well, you may be worthy of my companionship." This made the man's spirits lighten.

"So, what's your name, sweetheart?"

"Silentius Interficio."

"Well that's an original name if I've ever heard one."

"Yep. It means 'silent killer.'" The bartender blanched and made a hasty retreat from the woman. She took a quick sip of her drink.

"Now that's them best turn off I've heard in a long time." Silentius turned to see a cheetah walking up. "Hi, I'm Albanta Calpner."

"Pleasure."

"How'd you end up with a name like that?" Silentius shrugged.

"Luck of the draw. And if you're planning on sticking around, I prefer to be called Sil."

"Oh, ok." There was a brief pause. "What brings you here, anyway?"

"I'm running from the past and trying to avoid the future."

"Sounds complicated."

"Damn right it is."

"Why are you running from the past?"

"My ex."

"Bothering you?"

"No, he's dead."

"And what's the problem then?"

"I was the one who killed him." Albanta blanched. "I found him cheating more than once and I had finally had enough of him so, in a word, BOOM."

"And you're running from the police?" Sil snorted.

"No. Far from it. I'm trying to avoid the guys I stole the hit from."

"Hit?"

"It seems that my man had a price on his head and I cashed in on it." Albanta stared at her. "I'm a bounty hunter. It was a luck call that he had a price. If he didn't, I'd be running from the cops AND the other hit-men." She took another swig of her drink.

"Sounds like you never live a dull life."

"You could say that. It does have its down sides though."

"Like?"

"Drug lords, constant fighting, low cash income, so on and so forth."

"Oh."

"And what brings a goody dame like you here?"

"Goody?"

"You're not armed. Any goody-goody isn't armed. Either that or you're under aged." Albanta sighed. "Nailed it, didn't I?"

"Yeah. I'm too young to own a weapon."

"By how much?"

"Two months." Sil nodded her head. "Doesn't help that I'm broke either."

"Yeah, that does present a problem." She set her empty glass on the bar and whistled at the tender. He turned and she pointed to the empty glass. He meekly made his way over, grabbed the glass, scampered off, and proceeded to make another one. "How'd you end up broke?"

"Ex." Sil turned to her for the first time. Albanta's head was hanging and her orange hair hung in her face.

"What's his name?"

"Elsion Camthran." Sil pulled out a small notebook, flipped a few pages, and smiled.

"You lucked out kid, he's on the list."

"The list?"

"My hit list. I'll be glad to whack him for ya'."

"You'd do that for me?"

"Yeah sure. I feel sorry for any chick who's been used." The bar tender set her drink down and ran off again.

"What's his problem?"

"I'll bet you a twenty he thinks because my name means silent killer, I'm going to kill him." Albanta snickered. "It's true. Most guys do that to me. I don't really care though. They're all the same to me, trash."

"You really think that?"

"Damn straight I do. And I will continue until I find the right one for me." Albanta shrugged.

"To each her own, I guess."

"Damn straight." The pair sat for awhile, in silence, drinking in the sounds of the bar. They would have stayed this way if not for another woman shouting at the other end of the room. Sil turned her head to intake the action better. Across the room stood a wolf with a tight grip on a dove's wrist. The wolf had all ready struck her once, but was rearing up to do it again. Sil stood up, her long, fluffy tail brushing the floor, and strode over to the pair. She silently slid her hand to her back and pulled out a large pistol. She cocked it and placed it against the temple of the wolf. He froze. "Look pal, I'll make this simple. You have six choices. One: Let the dame go. Two: Level one. It'll lodge into your brain. Three: Level two. It'll go THROUGH your head. Four: Level three. It'll wedge into the outside wall. Five: Level four. It' goes THROUGH the outside wall. Six: Level five. You'd be luck if you have any recognizable pieces of your head left." The wolf stared at her.

"Do your worst, doll," he spat back. She smirked.

"Fine, it's your funeral." She flicked the switch on the back of the gun to five and fired. The laser blast rocketed from the end of the gun and straight into his head. The shot hurtled out of the other side of his head leaving a trail of blood, brain, and bone in its wake. The shot then flew through the outer wall of the building and disappeared into the night. Sil wiped some of the debris from her face and watched the decapitated body fall to the floor. She smiled cockily at her actions and walked back to her stuff. She downed the rest of her drink, left her tab on the bar, picked up her bag, and walked out without another word. Albanta scrambled out of her seat and out the door behind Sil.

"What was that?!?"

"My expression for the vast disgust of the male species." She slid her pistol back into its place.

"That was the most DISGUSTING thing I have ever seen!"

"So? Do you really think that's going to stop me?"

"No. But I…"

"Trust me Alb, the only way to get anywhere in this world is to make a statement. And I did." The pair strided on.

"HEY!" Albanta stopped, but Sil kept walking.

"Aren't you going to stop?" Albanta asked.

"Nope." Sil kept walking. The dove ran up to Albanta.

"Is she gonna keep going?" she asked. Albanta nodded. "Crap."

"Why do you want to know?"

"Well my guy said he had a price on his head." Sil stopped. "And I was wondering how I could cash in on it."

"You gotta find the man who wanted him first," Sil said walking back to her. "Silentius Interficio."

"Antevorta Assanta. How much is he worth?"

"What's his name?"

"Seniti.."

"As in the drug lord?" Antevorta nodded. "Sweetheart, you're going to be set for the rest of your life. Where's the body?"

"In my trunk."

"Good. Mind if I drive?"

"No. Where are we going?"

"To the person who coined the phrase 'Hell Hath No Fury like an Angered Woman:' Fisc." Albanta stared at Sil.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!?" she shouted. "SHE'LL KILL US!"

"No she won't, I know her."

"Know her?" Antevorta asked. "As in professional or personal?"

"Both. We go a ways back. She'll pay good cash for that bastard. Shall we?" Antevorta nodded and the pair start to walk off. "You coming Alb?" Albanta shook her head and dashed up to meet the pair. Back at the bar, the trio climbed into Antevorta's car.

"How long is it going to take us to get there?" Alb asked.

"Without problems, two days. With, heaven only knows."

"Problems?" Antevorta asked.

"Yeah. Hell's going to break loose once they find out he's dead." She smashed the gas and tore out of the parking lot. "It'll be even more interesting if they find out I did it."

"Who's 'they' and what do they have against you?"

"They are all of the other bounty hunters and groupies out there. They don't like me because I'm too good and have connections to Fisc." The trio drove off silently into the night. 'What am I getting myself into?' Sil thought. 'This whole escapade could get me killed. All of it over a pair of chicks I met in a bar. I hope Fisc can make more sense out of this that I can, because if she can't, I'm in for it.'

* * *