Fan Fiction ❯ Unlikely Romance: Lucca and Magus ❯ Unexpected Savior ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Bulma Briefs^Yue Lover: I am currently listening to Justin Timberlake's solo album called " Justified", so if this fic sucks, it's because it's a little hard to type and listen to music at the same time, so no flames. My favorite song is "Cry Me A River" and that's the one I'm listening to. If you hate Justin for breaking up with Brittany Spears, don't yell at me for liking his music. Personaly, I don't really care about his and Brittany's problems. I like Lance Bass better than Justin or any other *NSYNC person, so there. Matt Damon is cute, too. Anyways, another reason for the fact that this fic might suck, is I have been drinking a lot of Citrus Drop, my newest pop addiction. First it was Coca-Cola, then it was Pepsi Blue, and now it's Citrus Drop. What's next, Code Red? Or maybe Red Fusion? Wait, how did we get from talking about Justin Timberlake to talking about pop? Never mind, that was a rhetorical question. Anyways, on with the fic that features the pairing of Magus/Lucca.

Magus: Good thing she stopped babbling. I was developing a migrane.

Vegeta: Yes, I was too.

Lucca: *Turns to her alternate ego* Well, what should we do to those two ignorant princes?

Bulma: Good question. Well, we could get together and create some sort of invention....

Lucca and Bulma: *Grin evily at eachother, then start to plot the invention.*

Ayla: Ayla start story. Getting bored.

Lunch: You're telling me!

Disclaimer: What's the point in even putting this down? Everyone knows my name isn't Akira Toriyama (sp?) So anyways, I only own this fic. I have no idea how much money I have, but I assure you, I don't have much.

Who Would've Thought?

By: Bulma Briefs^Yue Lover

The sun rose over the horizon, painting the sky with it's brilliant shades of blue, red, purple, and pink. A nearby lake sparkled with serenity, beauty, wonder, life, and love. A campsite that held a tent full of seven people was placed facing the lake. The sun's brilliant light shown down on the tent, warming the occupiers. Well, some of those people won't be warm for long.

"MAGUS! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR?!" A young lady with now damp purple hair and sky-blue eyes screamed. Her screams echoed throughout the area. A tall, muscular man with blue hair and crimson eyes smirked smugly. He flipped his cape behind his back with a look of triumph on his severly pale face. The young woman's eyes changed from sky-blue to sapphire-blue in seconds.

The man chuckled evily when he saw the sudden change in eye color. He could've sworn he saw steam coming out of her ears.

"Well, if you must know, four-eyes, you are the only one who is still sleeping. Crono and Marle are taking a walk, Ayla is eating some of that perpetuous alchoholic soup, Frog is fighting his shadow, and Robo is planting more sapplings. I got bored and decided to make you angry. Is that a good enough explination?" Magus, the blue-haired man said. Lucca, the young lady with purple hair, sent him a glare that would kill even Lavos with one hit, if looks could kill. This only made Magus' smirk even wider. Lucca started mentaly chanting a fire spell, aiming it straight for Magus. Magus sensed this, however, and picked Lucca up, then threw her into the lake.

Lucca felt herself sinking to the bottom, but she couldn't concentrate well enough to spring to the surface. Soon, her lungs started burning, a sign that she would drown if she didn't get a needed supply of fresh oxygen. Once she gained her concentration, it was too late. She fell unconcious, and sunk down to the bottom of the lake.She hit her head on a sharp rock, and recieved a nice sized wound on her head, her blood streaming out.

Once Lucca didn't even show the slightest hint of surfacing for air, Magus began to worry a little. He stepped over to the side of the lake, but couldn't see Lucca anywhere, due to the severe deepness of the beautiful lake. Magus stripped down to his boxers

( a.n. *drools*), and plunged down to attempt at rescuing Lucca. He cast a spell that gave him infinate oxygen for a short length of time, and continued his search. Soon, he saw a mop of something purple, but also began to run out of time on the spell.

'If I don't surface now, I'll eventualy drown, but if I don't grab Lucca first, then she could die,' Magus thought. Time was quickly running out. Finaly, he came to a decision. He grabbed Lucca by the waist, and pulled her up along with himself. He swam as fast as he could, and he felt Lucca sliding from his grasp.

He held her tightly with one arm, and swam with the other. Suddenly, he saw a bubble surrounding him and Lucca. He exhaled, and fought to regain control of his breath. He noticed Lucca's wound, and tried desperatly to stop the bleeding. However, since he was only clad in his boxers and Lucca wore nothing but a sports bra and her black shorts(a.n. Get rid of any hentai thoughts you have, because she's only dressed like this, because of the humid climate of the area they are in) , he had nothing to bandage the wound with.

The bubble surfaced, and flew over to its creator, popping after sucessfuly doing so. Frog, the bubble's creator, sighed with relief.

"Art thou alright, Sir Magus? I saw ye dive down to rescue Lady Lucca, and I decided to help ye by creating an oxygen bubble big enough to hold ye both," Frog said. Magus was too busy fretting over Lucca to hear one word the noble swordsman said.

"I'm fine, thanks. Lucca, however, has a serious gash on the back of her head, and she needs some healing. Let me know when she's healed so I can revive her," Magus answered. Frog nodded, and concentrated his energy to a healing spell. Meanwhile, Magus was in the tent, pondering why he saved her.

"I could've left her to die like I did to many other innocents, but why did I rescue her instead? Maybe I'm attracted to her stubborn way of life? No, that can't be it," he said to himself while pacing the tent. He had put his clothes back on, and hung Lucca's sleeping gear out to dry. He had decided to take time and ponder his earlier actions.

Frog came in the tent, interrupting his thoughts.

"Sir Magus, Lady Lucca is fully healed. Art thought going to revive her?" Frog asked. Magus wordlessly walked out of the tent and over to where Lucca lay on the ground. He decided that CPR was the best way to do things, so he placed his mouth over hers, and followed the precaussions of CPR. Lucca opened her eyes when Magus placed his mouth over hers for the seventh time. Her eyes widened in shock when his lips touched hers, and returned what she thought was a kiss instinctively.

Magus' eyes also widened in shock, and he also returned the kiss. Frog quietly signaled to Robo and Ayla , and the forgotten trio watched intentively. Crono and Marle had just gotten back when Magus and Lucca broke the kiss, breathing heavily as they gazed into eachother's eyes. Crono opened his mouth to talk, but Marle clamped her hand firmly over his mouth, giving him the signal to shush, or she would never forgive him. Crono nodded feverishly, clamping his mouth shut with super glue.

"......wow," Lucca murmured before falling unconcious once again. Magus' now flushed face matched his eyes. He gently picked her up, cradling her like a baby as he did so. He walked to his private added-on part of the tent, and put Lucca in his king-sized bed, covering her with his black-silk sheets. He walked out of the tent, and headed towards the heavily vegetated area of the campsite.

"Dress Lucca in dry night clothes, and don't let her out of the tent at all for any reason, got it? I'm going to go meditate, and I wish to not be disturbed," he said to Marle, and walked to his destination. Marle blinked five times before shrugging her shoulders and walking into the tent, getting out one of her best nightgowns for Lucca. It was red, see-through silk with spaghatti straps instead of sleeves, a low-cut v-shaped neckline in the front, and it was open in the back. The hem of the skirt, the bodice, and the neckline were trimmed with gold silk. Let's just say it was made for a princess.

Magus found a large clearing that had a large lake that was at the end of a waterfall, beautiful plants and animals, and plenty of shade. Magus sat under a large oak tree, and began his meditation. All of time seemed to stop as he meditated; the wind stopped blowing, the animals stopped their mating calls, and the waterfall also stopped. It was almost like Magus was the master of all nature. Magus completly cleared his mind of all thoughts, and began his long process of meditation.

Crono took his sword, and tried desperatly to pry his mouth open, but it just wouldn't budge. After unsuccesfuly trying to pry his mouth open ten times, he took a look at his sword. It was now dented. Crono made a groaning sound and tossed the sword aside. Robo noticed his troubles, and powered up a laser attack, which didn't work either.

Ayla took her freshly-sharpened flint knife and tried that. That, my friends, was also unsuccessful. Frog tried the Masamune, and Marle, who had finished dressing Lucca, tried freezing it then scraping at it with her pendant. Another unsuccessful try. She decided to try giving him a hot kiss, which didn't work.

Lucca woke up in an unfamiliar place. She looked around and saw a certain blue-haired prince's schythe on the ground in its sheath. Memories of Magus pouring water on her, throwing her into the lake, and......the kiss came back to her. Lucca blushed when she remembered the wonderful kiss she shared with Magus. She put a hand to her lips where Magus had kissed her.

Suddenly she heard some groaning outside the tent. Curious, she got up to check it out, only to fall on to the hard floor of the tent. She cried out at the pain it caused her. Immediatly, Marle ran to her purple-haired friend's side, asking her a barrage of questions. Lucca just lay there, letting her concerned friend fret over her.

"What was that groaning for?" Lucca asked weakly. Marle stopped babbling, and started giggling. Lucca looked at her strangely.

"Well, when you and Magus were......you know, Crono almost said something, but I motioned for him not to, and so he nodded, showing he understood, then he poured a whole bottle of super glue on to his mouth so he wouldn't talk, and he's groaning, because he can't get the glue off and neither can the rest of us, so now he's mad because he can't kiss me anymore, and he can't talk anymore, oh, and Magus said you can't leave the tent, so don't leave the tent, okay? Lucca, are you listening?" Marle asked, concerned because her friend had spaced out. Lucca snaped her head in Marle's direction. She blushed sheepishly.

"Sorry, Marle. I was just thinking about something. Maybe if we did an antipode on his mouth, it would freeze, then become hot enough to be wiped off?" Lucca suggested. Marle thought for a moment, then agreed whole-heartedly.

"Yeah, that just might work. Okay, I'll bring him in here right away so we can begin his 'surgery'," Marle said before walking out of the tent to find her spikey-haired boyfriend. Lucca gave her a weak smile, but let it droop into the form of a frown as soon as Marle left.

"But why would Magus want to kiss an ugly four-eyed freak like me? Is he just toying with my mind, or does he really care?" Lucca questioned herself silently. At this time, Marle and Crono made their grand entrance. Crono had a look that said "I'm-going-to-kill-whoever-gave-me-that-bottle-of-glue" on his face. Marle sat Crono down on the floor of the tent, then began concentrating her energy in the form of ice shards, and aimed for Crono's mouth. Lucca concentrated her energy into the form of little fireballs, and together, Marle and Lucca cast an Antipode on Crono's face.

The outcome was predictable; the glue on Crono's mouth was warm enough to wipe off, and his face and hair were pitch black. His hair was even messier than the usual punk-look. He coughed a little black cloud, looking happy and angry at the same time. Marle ran over to Crono and kissed him. Lucca ignored the two's rather loud kissing, and limped back to Magus' part of the tent.

The door located at the back of Magus' 'room' suddenly opened, revealing the blue-haired prince we all know and love. Lucca suddenly found the floor of the tent to be very interesting all of a sudden, as she was looking down at the floor so that Magus wouldn't see her now crimson face. Magus, however, had other plans.

He lifted her chin with his index finger. Crimson-red clashed with sky-blue, emotions swirling in the depths of both. Lucca soon found their faces a centimeter apart.

"So, you chose to wake up, eh, four-eyes?" Magus whispered. His warm breath tickled her neck, sending shivers down her spine.

"Yes, I did, arrogent one. Why, were you worried or something?" She whispered back. Magus stroked her flushed cheek with a gloved hand, causing her to blush even more, while staring at Magus through half-closed eyelids.

"Well, if I was even a little worried, you won't singe me, will you?" Magus asked in a husky tone. This only made poor Lucca blush even more so than before.

"Depends..." she trailed off as the leaned into eachother for a kiss. However, you can only guess who spoiled the moment...

"Hey Lucca, Crono is happy because he can kiss me now and stuff, so you won't like get mad if we- Oh, welcome back, Magus!" The air-headed princess named Marle said. Magus and Lucca quickly pulled away from eachother, blushing heavily.

'Leave it to the air-head to mess things up,' Lucca thought with a sudden icy hate towards the princess. She gave the blonde princess a sickeningly sweet smile.

"Well, Marle, would you mind? Magus and I have some rather important things to discuss. I'm sure Crono would love to go swimming with you," Lucca said, desperetly hoping that would get rid of her. Marle bolted out the door faster than you could say 'hi'.

"What are we discussing, four-eyes? What could be so important that you have to talk to me alone?" Magus asked, sitting on his bed. He had a feeling this would take a while.

"Well...." Lucca trailed off, thinking of a way to start off. "About that kiss. Did you kiss me to confuse me, or to show me that you love me? Which one, fang-boy?" Lucca asked, staring at the oh-so-interesting ground.

Magus quirked a blue eyebrow. "Well, I've been pondering that myself, and well, I was actualy doing CPR on you because you had drowned. Then you unexpectedly woke up, and thought I was kissing you. I relied on instinct rather than mind, and ended up kissing you back," Magus explained as though he had been practicing in front of a mirror. He saw Lucca's eyes shadow over, giving her a look that shouted out

"Warning: Emotional Outburst In Progress". Magus realized that he was treading on rather delicate land, but ignored the feeling that grew in the pit of his stomach.

"In other words, there were no real emotions in the kiss, right?" Lucca asked in a shakey voice. Magus nodded. Tears streamed down her face. Magus, however, didn't notice, and left her alone, deciding to go back to the clearing, and meditate more intensely than before. After Magus left, Lucca let her emotions flow freely. Sobbs eraticated from her throat. Upon hearing this, Robo came into the tent.

"Madam Lucca, are you alright? What happened to make you feel distressed?" the robot asked. Lucca looked at Robo with tears on her cheeks.

"Oh Robo, I was never ment for love, was I? No man out there cares enough to look behind all of the oil and grime to see the real me. I will never be married, and my first kiss wasn't even a real kiss," Lucca sobbed into her hands. Frog and Ayla soon followed Robo.

"Ayla no like distressed Lucca. Lucca strong, deserves good man. Magus not nice to hurt my friend. Ayla talk to Magus, make Magus into a nicer man," Ayla said to Robo and Frog when she had them alone. Robo and Frog nodded.

"We'll help you, Ayla. Maybe we could get Crono and Marle in on it as well," Frog said with determination. He didn't really like Magus, but if he wanted Lucca to be happy, then he would gladly make Magus a civilized person. Then again, they might only make him nicer to Lucca.

'Only time will tell what events will occur in the future,' Frog thought to himself. He, Ayla, Robo, Marle, and Crono went to Magus' meditation area to talk to him about Lucca. They found him sitting under a large oak tree. He was meditating heavily, and the group could tell he wished not to be bothered. However, this didn't stop any of them.

"MAGUS, WHY DID YOU DO THAT? YOU SAY THAT KISS HAD NO MEANING, YET IT CLEARLY DID. WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?!" Crono hollered. Birds, obviously scared of the sudden outvurst, flew to a distant area. Magus opened a crimson eye, and glared angrily at the swordsman and his group.

"What I do is no concern to you, no matter what the circumstances. I just simply don't feel for her, that's all. What she thought was a kiss was actualy CPR. She drowned, so I tried to revive her. She woke up, however, and thought I was kissing her. So, she kissed me and I kissed back on instinct," the obviously ticked prince of mystics replied matter-of-factly. This only caused Crono to fume even more.

"YEAH? WELL YOU COULD HAVE JUST AS EASILY BROKEN THE KISS AND PUSHED HER AWAY!" Crono retorted while grabbing his sword. He charged at the prince, but ended up stabbing the tree just above Magus' head instead. Magus quirked an eyebrow.

"You had better go and appologize, or next time, the blade won't miss," Crono growled.

"Is that a threat? If so, you must not know who you're talking to. I am the prince of mystics, only known remaining heir to the throne of Zeal. I am one of the most powerful beings in this universe, so you'd better watch how you speak to me," Magus hissed with venom in his tone. Crono slowly put his blade away, then started to walk back to his group.

"Just don't hurt her again," Crono said in a pleading voice. He led the group out of the forest area, and back to the campsite. Magus attempted at meditating some more, but couldn't succeed, due to the fact that his mind always wandered back to a certain purple-haired genius who obviously has feelings for the prince. He let a frustrated sigh escape his lips, and decided to head back and follow Crono's advice by appologizing. And as we all know, that will not be an easy task.