Fan Fiction ❯ Vergil and Dante ❯ A turning of events: Battle angels in the sky ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Chapter two:

A turning of new events: battle angels in the sky


Well now, this was an attractive setting; Dante, the red haired foreign chick and an old woman standing in the foreground of the red-orange sky laced with thin streaks of black and bruised purple clouds. Vergil considered to himself while his ass had landed on the hard disarray of gravelly earth. It was Dante who had responded quickly, grabbing the shirtfront of his brother's, gritting teeth and flaring icy blue eyes, languidly replied through his silent anger, "Where is Trish?! Why did you have to fucking leave her?"

"Fuck off" Vergil pushed at Dante, attempted to wipe himself off, "She's a big girl, and can easily take care of herself."

Lucia and Matier stared in astonishment, the young red haired woman approached the newcomer, strode around his person, her accent thick and lucid,
"You were at the ghost town of Deprave, weren't you? And there was something that brought you here." She looked around the invisible area where the tear in the air opened a gateway for Vergil to appear. "It's Arius!" she cried in revelation.


Matier stood there, hunched and from her lowered view, she noted that Vergil looked nearly the same as Dante. Could it be? Why had she never heard of the other son of Sparda? She surveyed him thoroughly and reflected that he could do if Dante would not.

Dante didn't waste any time as he spoke out of turn, "I have to find Trish, go to that little ghost city." He looked at his brother with an eyebrow raised, "Since he didn't even bother to watch her back, and I'll have to." He attempted to walk the direction he came from. "My brother will take over for now, Lucia." Subsequently ignoring the half hearted attempts of Lucia and her silent thoughtful mother, the French girl looked over at Vergil in sudden antipathy, immediately thinking otherwise; perhaps it would be alright if this twin helped her here. It was just a job.

Vergil grumbled after Dante, "Suit yourself. Perhaps we should have exchanged partners since fate or rather…" thus glanced over at the indiscernible lining of time field that had brought him here, "Arius chose to transport me here." He looked at Lucia for affirmation and as a deliberate daring.

Lucia overlooked his gesture, replying in a hurried tone, "We don't have much time; if Arius has brought Vergil here then he is attempting to stop us at our mission to destroy him." Her teeth bit at her full lips out of anxiousness, "the secretaries, the women that he has created, he will make more of them."

"Yeah yeah, it's us or him." Dante replied casually, already reaching at the top of the hill which led to the outlet away of there. "Just watch out for yourself, Vergil's not as good as I am but he'll get the work done, only thing is, he watches out merely for Vergil."

"Oh that's right, and while you're at it, don't forget to tell her that I don't share either, that'll impress her even more!" Vergil called back.

Matier pointed at the atmosphere tearing right about them, elucidating the twilight sky, she backed away slowly, her black eyes large and anxious, she warned, "Look! Behind you!"

Lucia look-alikes came out of the spherical portal, razor blades flying haphazardly, a few cuts had been made before Vergil and Lucia jumped out of harms way, they were the closest to the now visible entry. Simultaneously whisking out their weapons, and dodging the array of sharp knives and daggers, Lucia immediately went into her special form; white wings flared out, her body floating freely above the chaos, swiftly bringing down a couple of secretaries to the ground.

There was no telling how many came out of that time field, it was like some kind of robotic factory spewing out copies of Lucia in firm bodies and swift kicks all equipped in every pointed blade ready to rip your insides out. A couple even spoke, in that same French voice, notwithstanding the automatic seemingly programmatic accent now vocalizing out, "All in the name of Arius, defeat is unavoidable. All hail Arius, Arius, Arius…" they cried out in unison, even the ones that were being destroyed in the process, their alien voices breaking in and out.

Vergil swung his great sword, doing an uppercut that sent three secretaries swooping in that dusky sky, glancing at Lucia's transformation; he called out, "You might want to tell your girlfriends here that we're not interested in- Oomph" his reply came up short as two secretaries pushed him down the solid dirt. He blocked them with his weapon, coming eye to eye contact with one who landed on top, he grunted at the forced contact.

"Well now, aren't we cozy. We're going to have to postpone this little intimacy pernamently." Shoving a free sharp blade from his other hand into her heart, pushed her and the additional one out of the way and did a faultless twofold flip.

At a distance, Dante turned at the clamor, split a wide grin, "Alright." His eyes on the opening whilst his guns; ebony and ivory came out blasting at the women in purple, rolling out of the way as one of them threw a row of daggers at him. He inserted ivory on his holster and swung out his mercenary blade in one hand, he reached over to shoot at several more that were headed for him.

"One at a time, ladies," he chuckled, "there's always room for each…"BLAM…"and" BLAM…"every"BLAM BLAM BLAM…"…..one" KA-BOOM! "….of you." He emphasized, as he swiftly replaced ebony for his shotgun for the last close kill.

On the other side, Trish barely holding off her own, decided to exercise her use of Sparda, swinging the legendary blade out into the cluster of secretaries already flying at her from a distance, the ones nearer to her lay at her feet incapacitated. Her mind reeled at Vergil's hasty departure and reminded herself to kick his sorry ass when she next sees him. Sparda spun in circles, blood flew in numerous directions, only to resume its rightful place; Trish's slender back. She was panting as they descended on her, and she yelled out in fury, her body glowing in golden fire, "Die die die!!!!" exploding several rounds of ammunition into their lithe bodies.