Fan Fiction ❯ Watched ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ever have the feeling that you are being watched...

It was 11:30 and I was getting ready for bed. I was in my room and noticed that my window was open. As I was closing my window I saw someone down below from my four story apartment. I didn't think much of it until I noticed that whoever it was, was dragging what appeared to be a bulky sleeping bag. I was about to forget about it until I saw the sleeping bag move. I gasped as the person dragging the sleeping bag kicked it. I continued to watch the suspicious character until he was no longer in my sight. He had went into a dark alley beside the apartment complex. I turned to go to bed when I again saw the mysterious man coming out of the alley without the sleeping bag. Then with no warning the man below looked up at my window. I froze. It seemed like he was looking right up at me into my eyes. It creeped me out so I quickly closed the window and climbed into my warm bed.

The next morning I was taking out the garbage. I went around back and into the alley beside my apartment building. It was then that I realized that I was in the same alley I had seen the creep snooping around in the night before. I tried not to think about it as I through my garbage over into the smelly dumpster. Something in the dumpster caught my eye. I knew I should have just walked away but my curiosity had gotten the best of me. I took a closer look, while holding my nose. It was there sticking up from beneath the trash that I found a bloody sleeping bag. That was enough for me. I went straight inside and called the police. The operator on the phone told me that someone would be right over.

About an hour later I heard a knock at the door. I answered the door to the police. After first explaining what had happened the night before I showed them the way to the dumpster to where I found the sleeping bag. The next thing I knew I was down at the police station being asked questions about things I knew nothing about. Come to find out I had actually witnessed someone dumping a homicide victim. The police told me to lay low and not to worry. They said that if anything happened that they would call.

I was very tired that evening. All I wanted to do was fix myself something to eat and to go to bed. I was in the middle of doing this when my phone rang. "Hello, Jane." "Who is this?" "You don't know me? Well that's a shame because I know you." "I also had the pleasure to meet your boyfriend, Scott today." "Listen I don't know who you are but I am warning you-" "You are warning me? Turn on the news." I turned on the TV to a news broadcast. "When police arrived at the scene they found the car just as you see it now. We have been told that the victim Scott Turner has been air lifted to Healing Hands Regional Hospital where his condition has been announced critical. The cause of the accident has been determined tire blowouts. We will continue to keep you posted as more information comes in." "Scott." I mumbled to myself. "I shot his tires out and I could have shot him." "What do you want with me?" "You have been being watched and have been for a long time." "Who are you? Hello...hello." I slammed the phone down nervously.

I didn't know what to do. Who was that and what did he want with me? I went to bed terrified that night. The next morning as soon as I was up the phone rang. "Listen whoever you are. Leave me alone!" "Jane are you alright it's Alyssa." "Oh hi Alyssa." "What was that about?" "Nothing important. I've just been under a lot of stress lately that's all." "Oh, well I just called to tell you that I am sorry about what happened to Scott. How long have you two been dating?" "Two years. Listen, Alyssa, I need to tell you something. It's a little bizarre so promise me that you won't think I'm crazy." "Jane I am your best friend. You can trust me." "Ok the other night I saw this creep snooping around and I went to the pol-" "Hold on a minute Jane I hear something in the other room."

"Hello Alyssa. Nice to meet you. Jane was about to tell you all about me wasn't she? I can't let that happen. Now can I Alyssa?" Bam! "Alyssa...Alyssa!" "Hello Jane." "What did you do to Alyssa?" "I didn't do anything to her. You did." "What!? You shot her!" "No Jane you made me shoot her. You shouldn't have tried to tell her about me. It is your fault she's dead." "I am calling the police." "You shouldn't do that. I know you love your mother. You wouldn't want to be responsible for her death just like you were Alyssa's now would you?" "And by the way Jane it is impolite to call people creeps." The phone went dead.

I was standing with the phone still to my ear when I heard a noise at the door. I put the phone down and opened the door. No one was there. On my doormat I found a pistol, a ziplock bag with a bloody bullet in it, a piece of a tire, and a small folded piece of paper with the words To Jane written on it. Just as was picking the items up my phone rang again. For some strange reason I answered it. "Hello Jane. Did you get my note." "Yes." "Have you read it?" "No." "Open it and I will recite it to you." I unfolded the piece of paper and my eyes followed along with every word as the voice on the phone recited it to me. "I've been watching you night and day. I see you everywhere you go and hear every thing you say. Keep your loved ones near but not in fright or fear." The voice on the phone began to laugh fiendishly. I slammed the phone down in terror.

I had to get out of the house. So I decided to go visit Scott at the hospital. Scott was not doing well. He was in a coma and the doctors didn't expect him to survive much longer. I couldn't even go into his room without crying. My whole world had been turned upside down in the last few days and this was to emotional for me. So I decided to go visit my parents. Once I got to their house I could already tell that dad had been drinking again. I could smell alcohol in the air. I walked into the house to find my mother on the lying on the couch. "Hi mom." No response. I walked over and gave mom a hug. She was very cold. Her lifeless body fell limp when I let go of her. Dad came into the room. "What happened to mom?" "She is asleep." It was apparent that he was drunk. "She's dead you idiot, dead!" "How dare you talk to me that way!" He took a swing at me. I moved out of the way. Dad fell and hit his head on a side table knocking over a lamp. The lamp sparked when it hit the floor causing the rug to catch on fire. I ran out of the house crying.

My brother's car pulled into the driveway as I was escaping the now burning house. Mike, my brother,was the only person I had left in the world. I ran up and embraced him as he got out of his car. "I love you Mike." He just stared at me blankly. Then he said, "I've been watching you every day. I see everything you do and here every thing you say." I backed away from Mike nervously. "Mike are you alright?" BAM! I looked down. I was bleeding from a bullet wound in my chest. "It was you." I mumbled with my last breath.

Ever have the feeling that you are being watched? Maybe you are...