Fan Fiction ❯ We Met in a Dream ❯ Tuesday, September 12 The dream world ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2:

Darien found himself sitting on a log. A trusty, slender sword laid by his side. He gazed up into the blue sky and sighed. He thought, ‘Another nightmare awaits.’ He gazed over a flower-blanketed field to his right. There wasn’t any sign of danger…yet. For the moment he was happy. He looked to his left into the nearby forest. It seemed peaceful enough for the moment. He could hear the many birds chirping within. There didn’t seem to be anything out of the ordinary there.

Darien picked up his sword and placed it in its case behind his back. The field just seemed to boring for him to explore, but yet the woods would be a greater place to find monsters. He couldn’t just stand there, though, so he moved on into the woods. A little light gleamed in from the top giving the forest a rich green glow.

He could hear light splashing of water in the distance. He continued past a few more trees to beautiful narrow river where a young lady was sitting. She had on a white shirt that reached down to her knees and as far as Darien could tell, that was all she was wearing. She wasn’t doing very much. She was just splashing the water with her hands with her head pointed down. She didn’t seem to have noticed Darien, yet. Darien started walking closer. She was very beautiful, much like the girl he had seen at lunch that day. He realized that she looked exactly like her the, closer he got to her.

A branch broke beneath Darien’s feet. The young girl raised her head and stared at Darien for a moment before yelling, “Don’t come any closer.”

Darien backed up a bit. “S-sorry,” he stuttered. “I didn’t mean to be nosey. I’m not a weird pervert or anything I swear!”

She looked confused. “That’s ok, really. That’s not what I meant.” She looked around her as if something was there, watching.

Darien stared at her. ‘What is it? Oh, no a monster. I knew I shouldn’t have wandered in here,’ he thought. He continued to watch her, but she then seemed to be calling something over to her. As he continued to watch, a small kitten walked out from behind a tree. She picked up the while cat into her arms.

“It’s ok, now,” she smiled, motioning for Darien to come.

Darien was very hesitant. She was very beautiful. He could hardly get up the nerve to speak to her even again. He slowly approached her a little closer.

She tilted her head. “Is there something wrong?” she asked as she looked back down at the cat. “Don’t tell me you’re afraid of cats. He doesn’t bite,” she continued with a smile.

“N-no that’s not it,” he stuttered back. He was very nervous about approaching her. In all the time he’s been alive. He’d never seen someone like her. Her figure was slender. Her smile was pure and sweet. And it looked like she even had a way with animals.

She looked back down and stroked the cat. After a moment she looked back up to him. She smiled sweetly and said, “Oh I get it. You’re afraid of ME. Well, don’t worry,” she said. Then she winked at him and finished, “I don’t bite either.”

Darien started to walk closer, picking up his pace a little more. He was nervous and he was even shaking a little. ‘Come on Darien. This is only a dream,’ he thought to himself as he was within only an inch or 2 of her.

She patted are next to her, splashing the water. “Go ahead and sit here next to me. The water’s nice and cool.”

Darien half smiled at her as he was too nervous to giver her a full smile. He sat down next to her. The water was nice and cool and it certainly was refreshing, since the air around was very warm.

She continued to pet the cat. Then she looked to Darien. She smiled at him some more. He eyes just spoke volumes about her.

Darien could tell that she had a very kind nature. She was very warm and friendly. He started to feel even more at ease as he continued to look into her eyes.

“So, what’s your name stranger?” she asked still petting the cat.

“Darien,” he replied with a little more confidence.

“My name’s Yuki.” She paused for a moment. “It’s very peaceful here. I usually come down here from across the field. My home is there, on the other side. I’m sure my parents, would just love you. We don’t get many guests. It does get kinda lonely. Tell me. Where are you from and what brings you here.”

“I’m just wandering. I left home a long time ago,” Darien started to say. The dream world started to grab a hold of his imagination, while the dream continued. “My family is dead,” Darien continues as he points his head down. A tear forming in one of his eyes as they both closed. “They couldn’t defend themselves. And I was the only one that was lucky enough to escape.” Darien’s eyes, by that time, were full of tears.

Yuki moved over next to him to the point where her body was touching him. She turned her body and wrapped her arms around him. She looked at him with concern in her eyes. “What happened?” she asked.

“Th-there were too many of them. My home…was overrun by monstersm” he continued as more tears flowed. Suddenly Darien noticed her arms around him. He stopped crying. He didn’t know why, but rather than being nervous, his body relaxed. He felt the comfort of her touch. He turned his head to her and just as he opened them he could make a out a shadow in the dark area a few feet away. He knew immediately what it was. “RUN!” he shouted as he got up taking her by the hand.

Yuki had no choice, but to go with him, since her hand was in his. “Wh-what is it?” she shouted.

“It’s one of them!” he yelled out as he continued to run with her close behind.

She looked back to see her cat get swallowed up by a massive black shadow. “Neko!” she yelled back. Just when they reached the edge of the woods her hand slipped and she fell down. Darien had just made it out and then realized he was no longer holding on to her. “Yuki!” he shouted. He looked back into the woods only to see her being swallowed up into the darkness. “No!” he screamed back with tears in his eyes.