Fan Fiction ❯ What innocent games lead up to ❯ Halloween ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

What Innocent Games Lead Up To.

Chapter 1: Halloween

DISCLAIMER: I am displeased to inform you that I do not own any of these characters. *tear slides down cheek* But I will get over it.

Chapter 1: Halloween

Hermione had liked Draco since third year. After she punched him she felt bad for a week. Hermione has grown a lot since first year. Her once bushy hair was now straight, she had grown in just the right places. She had grown into a beautiful young woman. Hermione is now in seventh year and Head Girl.

Draco had liked Hermione for a long time but he wasn't about to admit it to anyone. He had also grown into his looks. He had a nice chiseled chest. (A/N: DROOL) He now longer slicked back his hair which made him look better. He really had grown into a very handsome young man. He had been appointed Head Boy.

Draco and Hermione had secretly become friends. Since they had to share a common room they decided to put away their differences and called a truce. From there they ended up friends getting to know one another.

On Halloween the school was going to have a Halloween ball rather than the usual feast. Dumbledore had asked Hermione and Draco to go together and they agreed since they were now friends. Their friends complained a lot though.

Hermione and Draco were sitting on the couch reading. Draco couldn't focus because Hermione was sitting there. He was looking at her in her blue tank top and matching pajama pants. Her hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head. She was biting her lower lip in thought and he wanted to kiss her but knew he couldn't.

Hermione looked up at him when she sensed him staring at her. "What's wrong Draco?"

"Nothing," He said rather quickly and looked away blushing. (A/N: OMG Draco Malfoy actually blushing. How cute. OK, OK shutting up now)

She looked at him and could see his muscles through the white beater he was wearing with grey sweatpants.

"So what are you going to be at the dance tonight?" He asked after he finally looked up at her.

"You'll have to wait and see just like everyone else. Speaking of which, I'm going to go get ready."

"Meet you down here at 7:45?" Draco asked.

"Sure." She smiled.

She took a shower and went to her room to change. She was going to be Jasmine from Aladdin. She put on the powder blue top; the top showed her midriff and revealed that she had a naval piercing. She slipped on the pants that were see-trough from mid-thigh down. She put on some glitter and with a flick of her wand her hair was black and put into a braid. She didn't need to lengthen her hair since it was already waist length.

She walked out of her room and into the common room. Draco was on the couch in a vampire outfit reading a book and didn't see her walk in. "Draco that outfit suits you, ya know?"

He looked up from the book and his jaw dropped. "WOW! Hermione you look, if you don't mind me saying but you look HOT!"

"Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself." She teased.

He looked down at his watch. "Its 7:45 shall we go?" He asked holding out his arm. She took it in hers and they walked down to the Great Hall.

When they walked to the Entrance Hall a lot of people stared. Hermione got a lot of glares from the Slytherin girls, but she just ignored them.

After they opened the doors to the Great Hall, everyone went inside except Hermione, Draco and Pansy Parkinson. Pansy was dressed up as a beach bunny. She looked so horrible you would want to gouge your eyes out with a rusty dull spoon after you saw her.

"That's why you wouldn't come with me, so you could come with this mudblood?" Pansy shrieked.

"One; don't call her that. Two; I didn't come with you because I don't like you. So take your ugly ass in there and stay away from me and Hermione."

She looked him straight in the eye, "Wait till I tell your father about this."

"He's dead dumbass. And if he were alive I wouldn't give a rat's ass." With that said he took Hermione and they pushed past Pansy.

Draco led Hermione to the dance floor and as they got there a slow song started. He pulled her close to him with one arm around her waist the other still in her hand. She put her free hand on his shoulder.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Do what?" Draco asked confused.

"Lie to her. You could've told her Dumbledore made us come together. It's as if you wanted to come here with me."

"Well, you see, I did want to come with you. I asked Dumbledore to ask us together `cause if I would've asked you, you would've said no."

"I see." The song stopped and a faster one came on. They danced for an hour not really talking. When they were both tired they went outside for some fresh air. They started walking around the lake.

Hermione got cold because of the lack of clothes she had on. Draco draped his cape over her shoulders.

"Thank you." She said quietly.

"No Problem." They sat down on a bench in front of the lake.

"It's beautiful." She sighed absentmindedly leaning into his chest. He draped his arm around her shoulders and hugged her to him. "Draco?"

"Hmmm?"

"I know this is going to sound childish but why don't we invite some people to come to our dorm to play Truth or Dare tomorrow since tomorrow is a Saturday. Just to have fun."

"Sounds good to me." He smirked. "Who do you want to invite?"

"Well, Harry, Ron, and Ginny of course. And Blaise, he's one of your friends right?"

"Yea but then there's more guys than girls."

"We're not inviting that pug faced cow Parkinson."

"I wasn't going to suggest it. What about Brown and Patil from Gryffindor?"

"Okay. We'll ask them in the morning. Let's head back to the common room."

They walked down the halls to their portrait, muttered the password and stood in the common room for a minute.

"Goodnight Hermione."

"Good night Draco." She kissed him on the cheek before going to her bedroom.

Neither of them slept much because they were plagued with thoughts of the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what did you think? Please Review PPPPPLLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEE!!!!!! THANX!