Fan Fiction ❯ Wings of a Raven ❯ A Dark Heritage ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Teen Titans, The Beginning: pt. II, The Wings of a Raven
MattAttack X
MadLab Studios

Chapter Two: A Dark Heritage
Rachel lie in her bed that night pondering about the events that occurred earlier. "Dameon", she thought, "Dameon". She pondered until sleep found her. Rachel entered a world of dreams and premonitions. She walked down a fiery path behind her the screams of her people, in front of her a hellish demon. Rachel was prepared to fight, "Azarath, Metrion, Zynthos", her power exploded as she hurled boulders at her opponent. He swatted the attacks like they were flies.
Then the monster spoke, "Your petty attacks are pointless! I am a god!", with that he attacked with breath of fire, knocking the girl down like she was nothing.
Rachel looked up, "..Who...who are you?".
The demon smiled, "Your mother never told you? Rachel. I am your father".
She awoke in full sweat."What, a nightmare?". She knew she could see the future, but this was not possible. Azarath was in flames, it's people burning, suffering. If this was to be, Rachel had to do something to prevent it. Unable to sleep, she spent the rest of the night in meditation trying to see the future more clearly. Nothing was certain, her premonition ability was not very strong. Most of what she foresaw was too hazy to make out. Rachel needed the assistance of someone with years of experience.
When morning came she and Dameon went to see Comer, their master. She needed his console on her visions. "Raven. What did you see?", Dameon asked.
Raven stopped walking and looked down at her feet. "Azarath...in flames".
Dameon was shocked, "It can't be true, it was just a nightmare".
"I hope so, but I've never had a nightmare...I don't recall any dreams, just this one" Rachel dropped to her knees, "For some reason I feel I'm to blame".
Dameon kneeled down and embraced her, "No your not to blame, don't think like that, if anything threatens our planet we'll defeat it".
"But what if we cant, what if we're not strong enough?", she said still looking down.
"Raven, I wont let anything happen to you or Azarath", Dameon declared very seriously.
A voice spoke out, "Of course we wont".
The two looked up, it was Comer. "And how are my pupils today?", he said ever so pleased. Comer was and old man, supposedly over one-hundred years old. He had a long white beard but no hair on his head, his eyes nearly closed in wrinkles. His power was enormous though. They could feel it even now."Ms. Rachel, Dameon. How are you?"
Rachel and Dameon knelt down to honor their master. "Master I need to speak to you about something".
"Say no more", the old man stroked his long beard,"I know what troubles you"
Rachel smiled, "You do?!"
"Come to my temple, we will talk", Comer and his students headed for the ancient temple of Azar. Legend has it that the goddess Azar defeated the king of demons at this very temple. She sacrificed her human existence to cleanse the Azarathians of evil.
They finally arrived at the temple, once inside they sat among Comer to discuss Rachel's visions.
Comer began, "My student, I have seen this future as well". He looked grim, "Even I question it's reality, but it cant be taken lightly"
Rachel asked impatiently,"Who is that demon? Is he really my...?".
The magistrate looked even more grim, "Yes, that is Trigon...he forced your mother to...well...I think you know".
The girl was enraged, "I'll destroy him, it's my responsibility!"
"Rachel control your anger, you haven't near enough power to destroy Trigon. He's far to powerful", Comer argued.
Dameon spoke up,"Raven he's right, here drink this", Dameon held up a cup of some glowing liquid.
Rachel looked puzzled, "What is it?" she asked taking the cup.
"It's my special brew, and quite tasteful I might add", He said boastful.
She observed it for a while, "Why does it glow?"
Dameon waved his index finger, "Ah ah, secret ingredient. Go on try it, you'll feel better".
Rachel braced herself and drank the mystery liquid."...It's pretty good"
Dameon looked a little upset, "Sorry Raven"
Again she was puzzled, "What are you talking about..". She began to feel light headed, "Wha... What's going..on". Her vision became blurred then she got very dizzy. "Dame..Dameon.. What did you..". At this point she was too fatigued to even speak.
Dameon held her, "It's for your own good, you need to live". Rachel became completly unconscious.
"Did we really need to do this", Dameon asked.
"Yes she would not leave on her own, this is the only way", Comer answered. "It took us years to build this pod, and we made it just for her"
Dameon began crying,"I love her, are you sure there's no other way?"
"If you love her you will save her by sending her home", Comer commanded.
The boy shut the pod door, "Bye...Raven"...
***
"Where am I?", she opened her eyes to find she was drifting away from her planet, which now, in flames, was no more. "Noooooooooo!", she fought to get out, "Dameon!...Dameon!!!", she screamed hopelessly alone as tears rolled down her face, "why?...father"