Fan Fiction ❯ Wings of a Raven ❯ Visions of The Fallen ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Teen Titans, The Beginning: pt. II, The Wings of a Raven
MattAttack X
MadLab Studios
Chapter Five: Visions of The Fallen

Raven had begun meditation, and heavily. Sometimes she spent days straight just meditating. Occasionally she would break for nutrition. She was now meditating three times as much as she used.
Raven searched her thoughts in hope of finding something useful. This time was strange. She used to think of events, days, this day, the next one, the day before. But now she found people. She saw Cyborg and his always positive attitude. She saw Beast Boy and his ludicrous antics. Raven pondered on these two for a while, until a sound escaped her lips. "Hah...". She was a little startled, "Did I just laugh?", she thought to herself.
Raven's meditation was interrupted by a knocking oat her door. She thought about pretending to be asleep, but that's not what she wanted. She wanted to talk to someone, she needed to. Raven longed to tell someone her story. "Come in".
It was Cyborg. He looked around. "Wow. I like what you did with the place".
Raven was pleased by the comment. "So where's the green guy?".
Cyborg looked surprised, "Beast Boy?, watchin' TV of course." Cyborg looked down at the floor. "Raven...I uh... Just wanted to tell you that you did good the other day, and thanks for the help."
Raven also looking down, replied "It's ok. After all, it's the right thing."
"Well, what I really wanted to say was." Cyborg looked up, "I'm sorry if I snapped at you the other day. Just...please don't leave."
Cyborg looked troubled. "Cyborg, I'm not leaving.".
Just that, instant, Cy seemed to brighten up, his positive attitude was back, "You're not? Then why are you in your room all the time?"
If it's possible, Raven got more serious "I need to meditate to build up my powers".
"Anything special? or just training?", Cyborg asked enthusiastically.
Raven thought for a moment, "Well..." She didn't know if she should tell Cyborg about what happened.
"Don't worry, Raven. I understand. I just want you to know that your welcome as a member of the team, and we'll always be here for you. " Cyborg smiled, "If there's things you don't want to share it's perfectly fine, we all have our secrets".
Raven abandoned all doubt and decided to tell her new friend about her troubling past. "No. I need to tell someone what's bothering me."
Cyborg pulled up a chair and listened.

***

Raven told Cyborg her painful story.
Cyborg was in utter shock, "My God...he's...your father!"
Raven sighed, "Yeah...he killed my friends...and", Raven thought of Dameon.
Cyborg stood up, "if you need to fight that bastard we'll help."
"No, this is my fight", Raven protested.
Cyborg calmed down, "You sure?"
"Yes, it's my responsibility", Raven narrowed her eyes. Deep inside she was furious, raging, and this fueled her hatred for Trigon.
"I know you'll get him, I can see it in your eyes". Cyborg turned to leave the room. Just as he got to the door he turned back, "Oh, yeah. Goodnight, sleep tight.

***

Raven had trouble sleeping. Her dreams were filled with images of her day of sorrow. "Azarath in flames", she thought, "I saw it coming and I did nothing, why couldn't I...". Suddenly she saw... Dameon ... he was walking to her. Raven's heart was swept with the joy of reminiscence.
Then Dameon spoke, "Raven?..."
Raven, full of happiness, replied, "Dameon?!"
Dameon said only two words, "I'm...here"
The dream ended abruptly and as quickly as it began. Raven awoke with mixed feelings. She felt sorrow as well as joy and hope. Hope that maybe...he's still alive. Raven quietly fell back asleep.

***
Raven awoke again to the sound of alarms. She jumped up and ran outside, leaving her cloak and belt. Once out side she saw Beast Boy. "What's going on?", Raven asked.
"There's an intruder!", Beast Boy replied.
"Intruder", Raven repeated.
Cyborg came out of the control room, "I can't get a good look at him, he jammed all of the cameras.
Beast Boy turned around, "Who could it be? You don't think it's Sl-"
"No, this guy is different I got a slight glance before the cameras went off", Cyborg answered.
"What did he look like then?", Beast Boy asked teasingly.
"I don't know... he was...uh...dark, he had an aura", Cyborg tried to explain what he saw.
Both Cyborg and Beast Boy looked at Raven.
"...What?", Raven asked confused.
End of Chapter Five.
---------------------