Fan Fiction ❯ Wings of a Raven ❯ Leaving Again ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Teen Titans, The Beginning: pt. II, The Wings of a Raven

MattAttack X

MadLab Studios

Chapter Seven: Leaving Again

Raven lain curled up in her bed. She could'nt shake the sorrow of killing Dameon. Cyborg and BB had been trying to get her out for almost three days. She wanted to go outside. She wanted to talk to her friends, but she was confound to bed by her tears. It was her third night of her mourning and Raven again cried herself to sleep.
***
Raven had a dream in which she was floating and was surrounded by dark blue. Suddenly a book appeared in her hands. On the cover there were three symbols. They were the symbols of Azarath, Metrion, and Zynthose. The book began to glow and Raven felt like she was on a high-speed roller coaster, her stomach was turning. The young girl woke up in her bed and everything seemed normal. Raven sat up against the headboard on the bed. She rubbed her head and looked around. "What was that about?", she thought. Raven got out of bed and noticed a glowing light coming from under her bed. Raven got on her knees and looked for the source of this light. She reached under her bed and felt an object. Raven pulled the object out to find that it was the book from her dream.
***
After thumbing through the book, Raven concluded that it was the book of Azarathian teachings. All of the powers and magic Raven was learning are in this book. One of the entries would prove quite useful. It described interdimensional travel. This would enable Raven to return to Azarath and confront her father. Raven was sitting on her bed reading the instructions when she heard a knocking at her door. Cyborgs voice followed, "Raven...we're sorry. Please come out, I'm. BB and I are worried".
Raven decided to talk to her friend, "Come in".
The door opened and Cyborg walked in, "So, you ok?".
Raven looked at her book, "Yeah. I'm fine".
Cyborg pulled up a chair, "What are you reading?"
"Nothing, just an old book", Raven answered still looking at her book. She didn't know how Cyborg was going to respond when she told him she had to leave.
Cyborg was sitting in the chair, leaning on the back rest, "So...Now what?".
"I...I have to go", Raven told him.
"Well. If you need our help, just ask", Cyborg said as he got out of the chair and walked over to Raven's window, "I know you have something to do. And that it's none of our buisness. I just hope you come back".
Raven sat in her bed. She didn't know what to say. "Thanks, Cyborg. But...I have to do this alone".
Cyborg sighed worryingly, "Alright". He then turned to Raven and extended his hand, "Good luck".
Raven, overcome with emotions, got up and hugged her mechanical friend.
"Uh...Raven? Are you ok?", Cyborg asked a little uneasy.
"Yes. For the first time in a long time. I am.", Raven released her friend, "You've been like a big brother to me. Thank you".
Cyborg smiled, "No matter what happens. We'll never forget you, Raven. There will always be a place in our hearts...for you".
***
The preparations were made and Raven began chanting. Suddenly the entire room turned white and Raven felt as if she were flying upward. Straight up ahead of her was a circular mass of blue light. As she flew it became bigger, it got closer. Raven burst through the mass and found herself surrounded by flames and destroyed buildings. She knew what had happened. Now Trigon's minions rule Azarath. Her home was gone, but it would be avenged. Far ahead she could see a giant tower, and at the top was a flame. "That has to be where he is", Raven thought. The tower was surrounded by winged demons who circled it. Raven looked around and saw her former home, the place where she was born. Raven clinched her fists with all of her anger. The built up hatetred was ready to explode. Raven began to walk toward the dark tower with the intention...to kill.
End of Chapter Seven
----------------------