Fan Fiction ❯ Winter, Again ❯ Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes:
again everyone! Here's the third chapter! Enjoy!!



Winter, Again


Somewhere within the halls of the school, a bright light flashed briefly. Half a second later, Tareena gasped in surprise as Cyrene appeared beside her.

"Don't do that!!!"

Cyrene smiled apologetically. "Sorry, I was trying to run away from the 'Cyrus and Hiro Elite Fan Club' ." She emphasized with doing the 'quotation mark gesture'. "Honestly, if they are really their fan club then they should glomp THEM , not me."

Tareena grinned. "Maybe they have a hidden fetish for you?" She wiggled her eyebrows teasingly.

The Heaven girl made a face. "I'm sorry, but I like MEN , not women."

Her best friend only laughed. "You mean you like men LIKE Hiro."

Cyrene blushed. "What can you expect? He's perfect --handsome, smart, athletic, and thoughtful."

Tareena nudged her arm. "I could say the same for your hunk of a brother."

"Hunk of a brother?!" Cyrene stuck her tongue out. "He's anything BUT ."

"Oh? And what makes him a BUT ?"

"If he'd learn to stop calling me a brat, I'd PROBABLY consider him good enough."

"...but you are a brat."

Cyrene placed her hands on her hips and glared at Tareena. "HEY! Who's side are you on really?!"

The best friend chuckled and waved her arms in defense. "I was only kidding." Then she looked back at her. "Hey, I just remembered...a traveling carnival has just arrived today. It's going to open this afternoon."

Cyrene's eyes widened in interest. "Really?! That's cool!! We should go there after school!"

Tareena winked. "I was hoping you would say that."

"Ahem," A booming voice sounded behind them. "I think you two should go to class first before going anywhere else."

The two girls winced. "Eheh, we'll go now, Principal Andrews." Cyrene nodded and was about to snap her fingers to teleport, but the principal grabbed her wrist and shook his head. "Nuh uh, Miss Heaven. I know you're very good with teleportation, but here in my school you are to walk like everyone else."

"But Principal Andrews, we'll be late!!"

"Not everyone has magic like you and your family. Discipline should be learned even without magic." The middle aged principal released her hand. "Now march !"

"Yes Sir..."

"What a geezer." Tareena muttered.

"I heard that!"

Tareena winced. "Let's say we run?"

"Good idea."


* * *


Later that day...


"It's still as cool as ever!" Tareena gushed as they stood underneath the arc bearing the words "Welcome to the Carnival ".

Cyrene nodded enthusiastically. Ever since they were young, she and Tareena had always made it a point to go to the traveling carnival, which stopped by Skylight once in a year. They still loved it even when they are not children anymore.

I wonder why? She asked herself. Why do we keep on coming in here?

Tareena suddenly grabbed the sleeve of her shirt. "Cy!!! Look!! Isn't that so COOL?!" She pointed at a young girl performing somersaults on top of what seemed like a ten feet high bowling ball. Cyrene gaped.

...maybe it's because it never fails to surprise me .