Fan Fiction ❯ Within Soul ❯ The NPO ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Within Soul
By Animechicka1992
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha *sobs in corner*
 
A/N: YAY!!! More reviews!!!! Can everyone else review too? Don't get me wrong, I like that `Akira Yuki' is, but more than one shows that my fan fiction is liked!! So… please review?
 
Chapter Two - The NPO
 
With that, we walked into the airport.
 
“That was fast.” I said. Kinaru smiled.
 
“The power boosters are a big help.” She said. I sighed as I looked at the large building. Where could this `NPO' place be if we had to use the airport to get there? Uncle left late, so he couldn't possibly… use the airport… unless the place is nearby the airport. That is a more logical explanation. Oh my word….I am going techno.
 
Kinaru waved a ticket in my face out of curiosity. I must've been starring off into space or something. I looked at the two tickets after a few blinks, and then grabbed them. My name and everything was on them. Where were we headed… wait. Something fell out of the ticket packet.
 
I looked down at it: a calling card. I picked it up and then started observing it as Kinaru pulled me towards the airport. I analyzed it.
 
“What is this for?” I asked. I gestured to the calling card. It pretty much looked like a credit card. It had my name on it, along with my picture which got me to wondering how they got it. Kinaru looked over and smiled.
 
“That's your pass to get into the NPO main lobby. NPO is simply a large building but it has its own little world with it. That's why it's on the edge of Tokyo. Tokyo's big and you can deal with a normal life there. So why not? The only problem is, we're in upper Japan and Tokyo is farther off south. That's why we're going to take a helicopter!” Kinaru said, all cheery. We ran off into a side door, and then made our way into the sun. A few men in black suits possibly from the government awaited us at the end of the path.
 
“Good morning Lieutenant Chisaragi. Good morning Miss Kurosawa.” They said firmly. They nodded to Kinaru, but they saluted to me. I was a little confused on why they did that to me, someone not even a rank versus someone that's actually a rank, even if it's a low one. Nevertheless, it felt pretty good to be respected by people that didn't even know you.
 
“Morning boys. Let's get a move on!” Kinaru said, giving them a quick and casual salute. I nodded to them.
 
“Good morning.” I said politely. I gave a courteous bow show my respects and then followed Miss Kinaru into the helicopter. We sat in the back and put on our headphones. The men took the front and piloted the helicopter.
 
~*~
 
It seemed like just five minutes when Kinaru tapped my shoulder and had me look out her window. I curiously leaned over to get a better look, only to see a very large building. We went and landed on the roof of it and then we exited.
 
“Miku, I would like to welcome you to the building known none other as the NPO side-city building. Headquarters is underneath the side-city building. Only personnel know that though.” Kinaru said. We went off through a pair of double-doors. We went down the staircase to show us that it leads down into a hallway.
 
“This Miss Miku is the eighth floor of NPO. The NPO building is completely in the shape of an octagon, with only a place for the helicopters and the doorway to the staircase that has lead us here now. Most, if not all glass in this building is bulletproof, and we're doing testing to see if flexi glass could be an upgrade or downgrade. Got that all so far?” She explained. I solemnly nodded.
 
“Good. Well for a quick rundown on what's in this building, the eighth floor contains information rooms, storage rooms, and meeting rooms, alone with the NPO library for all of your free reading or research needs.
 
“The seventh floor contains academic rooms. Those are work-out rooms, sparring rooms, training rooms, and anything else that deals with physical work.
 
“The sixth floor is completely things that you might possibly need while working here: papers, uniforms, pens, pencils and etcetera. This is also the floor with the mailroom. The mailroom will allow you to send and receive mail. To send, put the mail through the slot outside the door. To receive, step right on in and go to your box. Large packages will be given to you straight at your door in the morning since the mail is filed at night. Besides the mailroom on this floor, there is also a
 
“The fifth, fourth, third, and second floors are all apartments. You won't really need to know who's in the other ones, unless you want to be a good neighbor but otherwise just know your own.
 
“The first floor is simply the lobby. The lobby holds bulletins, the information desk, a few couches and then there are elevators and stairs for everyone.” Kinaru said. She leaned over and whispered, “The lobby is also the best place to go for hot chocolate.”
 
She gave a joking squeal, and then pulled me off. We made our way down the hall, me practically being dragged the whole way. Then we made it to an elevator.
 
“Where are we going?” I asked once she pulled me into the elevator. She smiled as she reached over and pressed the `employee' button. A little tray of numbers came out of the wall, like a CD drive for a computer tower. She typed in a code, and then we were off.
 
To Be Continued…
 
(A/N: I'm getting pretty busy. <awesome timing huh?> and I'll try to get in a chapter ever other day, if not, then around then. If I'm not able to, I apologize now before hand!! Thanks.
~Animechicka1992)