Fan Fiction ❯ Within Soul ❯ The Test ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Within Soul
By Animechicka1992
 
A/N: Hazzah!!! I love pie… and all that random carp in the world. Only for the fact that it was THANKSGIVING and my family was playing Christmas songs on the radio… yeah. Now you know that weirdness is hereditary.
Yeah, I'm weird alright. Well I might as well do this now: READ AKIRA YUKI's fanfiction!!!! Oh, and my other friend reesespiecesbuttercup has this really cute story coming along on fiction press.com its here:
http://www.fictionpress.com/read.php?storyid=2050956 okay? Good. HAZZAH!!
 
Chapter 6 - The Test
 
Knock knock knock!!!!
 
I awoke to someone slamming on my door. I yawned as I got out of bed, stretched a bit, and then went to the door. I opened it a bit, all groggy to see Kazune. I jumped when I seen him and jumped behind the door.
 
“Eh… I'll be with you in one second.” I whispered. I shut the door and then wrapped myself in a blanket and opened the door the rest of the way.
 
“Good morning Miss Kurosawa!” He said cheerfully. I looked at the clock. It was six in the morning I gave out a groan.
 
“Good Morning? The sun is just starting to light the sky up!! I want to wake up to broad daylight. Goodnight…” I said… and started walking off. He followed me in.
 
“That's a negative Miss Kurosawa!! You have to get ready for your first day on the job and I came to get you ready!” Kazune said.
 
“Oh no you didn't!!!” I said in unison with a voice in the doorway. We looked over to see Captain Mimori Hinasaki. Behind her, was Major Kira Amakura, all shy like when I first met her. Mimori barged herself in and pulled Kazune away.
 
“The girl has some dignity you know Kazune!! So if you're going to help her Hironaka, who knows what's going to break loose from hell.” She said. “You're starting to turn into Kaisuke you know.”
 
“Kaisuke?!?! WHAT?!?! NOOO!!!! How was I supposed to know that Miss Kurosawa was in her pajamas?!?! Everyone else in this building is awake and dressed!!!” Kazune exclaimed.
 
“He has a point there Captain. He had no real ideal information that she was still sleeping and still in her sleepwear. Just leave him in the hall with a warning this time.” Major Amakura said in her normal silent voice. Mimori threw Kazune out the door. And then slammed it.
 
“Eh…” I said. I had no idea what to do. Then like some code thing, Mimori did had signals and Kira went off.
 
“This way Miss Kurosawa. You must take a shower. I'll place your uniform in there with your other needed clothes.” Kira said, as she shoved me into the bathroom. She put my clothes on a shelf inside, then shut the door.
 
“I shall create my masterpiece!!!” Mimori shouted. I sighed as I went and took my shower. What the heck are they doing?!
 
~~*~~
 
I came out of the bathroom in my uniform. The uniform was fairly nice. It had a simple a dark blue top, covered in a white and blue jacket. The pain part of the jacket was a light color blue, and it buttoned down until it got to the bottom of the torso, though it extended down to the waist. A white patch snapped onto the jacket, going across the chest, and unbuttoned part of the jacket. Along with it, was a pair of dark blue shorts, with light blue going down the sides, covered with a white skirt with the same light blue down the sides. As an accessory that somehow got there, there was a pair of knee length white boots with blue soles and zippers, or a pair of nice shoes that were white, with blue soles too. I sighed and put on the boots. I looked like a cloudy sky, but I guess I'd have to deal with it.
 
“You look so cute in your uniform!!” Mimori said. I have officially come to confirm my theory. Mimori is out forward with her thoughts. Scary, isn't it?
 
“Eh… sure I guess.” I said. Mimori grabbed my wrist and pushed me into the kitchen. She had me sit at a chair, and then Kira came over with some breakfast: eggs. That was really original, but I haven't had it in a while so I might as well. I ate the eggs and finished up with some orange juice. Mimori put me in the bathroom to brush my teeth and then do whatever, so I did since she'd most likely hold something to my throat if I didn't.
 
With the morning tasks finished, I stepped out and the two girls smiled. I grabbed my keys and put them in my pocket, then walked off down the hall, Kira locking the door for me.
 
“I'm going to have to do that every morning?” I asked. They nodded.
 
“We won't come in anymore though. We put an alarm clock by your bed so you're fine. We only came over today because you're most likely going to need help with your first day. So don't hesitate to call me once you get one of the new government pagers.” Mimori said. I nodded. I made my way down to the NPO underground lobby. Upon entering, everyone did their little standing up straight thing and bowed. I nodded to them. I don't really like it, but if they want to go ahead. Everyone likes feeling important.
 
I sighed as I walked over and sat down on the couch with Mimori and Kira. They sat there doing nothing.
 
“So what now?” I asked. Kira shrugged.
 
“We usually just wait in here until we're needed. You'll probably one of the first to leave though, because you have to have those tests done on you.” She said.
 
“T-t-tests? What tests?” I asked. Kira smiled.
 
“Not the school or testing lab tests. You just get put in a white room to sit down on a mat, and concentrate on something. I'm not sure on what you'd have to concentrate on though. I had to concentrate on cracking computer generated codes and everything, since that's what I really major in here. Mimori goes out on the field to fight, so she had to deal with something like stopping a bomb in one minute.” Kira said. My eyes widened.
 
“Oh gosh… I'll bomb my first day!!” I said. With that, everyone in the room stood up. We turned our heads to see Uncle- er Colonel. The three of us stood up and then everyone nodded or bowed to him. He nodded to everyone and motioned for me to come over.
 
“You all may watch if you wish.” He announced as I followed him down a hall into a white room. He shut the door behind me, and then next thing I knew as I continued walking in was his voice echoing around from a speaker hidden somewhere. I looked up to see him in a control panel room. On the sides of him were two people I didn't recognize, and then more windows went around the room, crowded with people looking in.
 
“Okay now. All you have to do is concentrate your entire body so that something happens. We're testing out for your powers, that is all. So you don't need to worry. No stress on your back. Now start.” Uncle said. I nodded and closed my eyes.
 
If I concentrate hard enough I won't embarrass myself, and I'll make Uncle happy that I've finally found my powers. I don't really feel like doing this though. My reputation is on the spot. It's bad enough that I came here with a reputation too good to suit a king, and the whole thing will go down the tube fast if I mess up even once. The only reason is because I'm the stupid daughter of some Colonel and his wife. There. End of Story. There's no need to start worshiping my ground.
 
I pushed those thoughts away and concentrated. Air goes through the nose, out the mouth. In through the nose, out through the mouth. In… out. In… out. In… out.
 
A light appeared before me as I slowly opened my eyes. Everything became blurry as flashes of a pair of hands appeared into sight. They moved gracefully and swift fully as a small light rose into the air. It glowed a beautiful white. I starred at it. I could feel my own hands moving swift fully like the hands I see. Gracefully, as my hands became level with my mid-torso. The light in the picture changed. It turned red… and with that, everything blacked out.
 
To Be Continued…