Fatal Fury Fan Fiction ❯ South Town ❯ Unleashed ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: King of Fighters along with all its characters is the property of Playmore.

()= thoughts

Unleashed
Torch
vs.
Drunk Pao Pao Cafe Customers

It had been two days after the big move. Achika, Iris, and Torch were sitting in the living room killing some time. Achika was flipping through several channels while Torch was working on a class project. Iris was busy reading one of her text books, highlighting important information until she glanced up at the time.

Iris slammed her book, gaining everyone's attention. "It's almost time for dinner."

Torch looked at her watch. "Well, wouldn't you know. Time sure is flying by fast." She sighed and looked at her assignment. "I'm going to be very honest with you, girls. I'm in no mood to cook anything tonight."

"Ditto for me," Iris replied. "Shame we don't have any leftovers."

Achika remained silent as Torch and Iris continued their conversation. She began to sulk deep into the couch as they continued to talk about fast cooking ideas which would not take too much effort.

Torch began to notice Achika's behavior and curiously asked, "Is something wrong? You look like Iris after I do something she thinks is horrible."

"Huh," Achika replied.

"You have the word 'guilt' written all over your face," Torch continued. "What did you do, and where did you hide it?"

"Do what," Achika asked in her defense.

"I was only joking," Torch said. "Now what's wrong?"

Achika sighed and began to think about what to say. "You see, I, um, c-c-can't cook."

"And," Iris asked.

"I can't cook," Achika repeated. "I'm in college and I can't even fry an egg."

"You're exaggerating I hope," Iris asked.

Achika shook her head. "Afraid not. My father does the majority of the cooking while I usually go out to fast food joints. I never actually had to step into the kitchen and make a meal."

Torch and Iris exchanged glances. "Well, by the time we're through with you," Torch began to say, "You will learn to live without a microwave, but not now. All this studying and homework's really wearing me out. Say, I have an idea."

Iris began to develop a worried look. "Oh, no. I hope you're not thinking what I think you're thinking."

"Let's head over to the Pao-Pao!" Torch exclaimed. "It'll be great to see the guys again."

"For you, but I don't think the feeling will be mutual with the guys," Iris replied as she began to look around the room for a phone book. "Why don't I just call...."

"The Pao-Pao sounds good to me," Achika interrupted. "I liked it there the first time we went."

"Sorry, Iris. Majority wins," Torch teased. "Who were you going to call anyway?"

"Never mind," Iris grumbled. "Let me go and find my helmet."

"Come now, Iris," Achika said. "Quit being such a wet blanket."

Iris let out a fake laugh. "Heh, heh, heh. You still have a lot to learn."

*****
The three entered the café and were quickly seated. While they waited for their orders, Iris observed the entire area as though she was plotting an escape route. Torch noticed her behavior and was not very pleased.

"Iris, lighten up," she said. "I think those chemicals you work with have gotten to your head."

Iris only returned Torch's look with the usual "yeah, right." "It never hurts to plan ahead," she said in response.

Achika, not wanting to hear another heated argument, asked out of the blue, "Say, what's up on the second level?"

Torch and Iris looked up and then at her. "Those are the private areas usually reserved for business men and VIPs," Torch replied.

Iris looked up once again and thought she noticed two familiar figures. "The King is here."

"Really," Torch asked and looked towards the direction that Iris was. "Wouldn't you know?"

"Evenin' Kipagami ladies," a voice said, gaining their attention.

"Mr. Meyer," Torch addressed. "What brings you out here?"

"Just thought I'd come and see how business is doing," he replied. "Fights always seem to break out when I'm gone, and I just had a feeling to come in tonight. I hear that it's usually some idiot who picks a fight with a certain girl, but I just want to see for myself what happens." He then looked towards Torch who only returned it with a smile. Just then, a rather drunk patron stumbled his way to the girls' table.

"Hey, babe!"

"Babe," Torch angrily repeated, "Did you just call me babe?!"

Iris immediately stood on her feet while Mr. Meyer backed away and retreated behind the bar. "Achika, don't ask... just follow me upstairs."

"Wh...," Achika began, but Iris grabbed her arm and urged her to hurry up.

"Trust me, once Torch starts it's rather hard for someone to stop her."

Torch stood firm as she faced the man. "Did you just say 'babe?'"

"Whoa, baby, take it easy. I didn't mean to offend you. I only wanted to com...-pift-." The man slumped over as Torch withdrew her fist. "...pli... ment... you...." His body landed on the floor with a thud followed by the sound of an empty bottle hitting the floor.


Achika watched from the staircase. "I think it's safe...."

"No," Iris interrupted. "It's just the beginning." She walked to the top of the stair case and sat down. "I hate when this happens."

"Not again," a voice said behind her in disbelief. "This isn't going to be good. Why must it happen every time we're here and on business no less?"

"Never a dull moment is there, Mr. Kane," Iris sarcastically replied.

Achika looked up towards Iris. (Say, it's that guy Torch said who was Geese Howard's right hand man. He seems to be familiar with Iris. What the heck is going on)? Achika's attention was drawn back to the cyclone of punches and kicks in the middle of the café. "That really had to hurt," Achika whispered as she closed her eyes, imagining the pain when she saw Torch kick a man so hard between the legs that he went flying into a wall.

"Can't you stop her," Billy asked Iris.

"Yes and no. I can, but now is not the time. I may end up in that pile over there." Iris cringed as she heard a bottle smash. "Asking Torch to... what the... oh, no... not good... INCOMING!!" Iris immediately scrambled to her feet and rushed towards the side as did Billy. "holy shit... TORCH!!"

"Bugger... that was close," Billy said as he tried to catch his breath.

"Sorry, about that," Torch yelled as she continued to fight another drunk.
Achika looked up the stair case and noticed a limp body between Iris and Billy. "Torch is un... is unbelievable. Where was I, oh yes, 10... 11... 12...."

"That's it," Iris said and marched downstairs. "Wish me luck."

"Iris,are you crazy," Achika protested.

Iris ignored Achika and broke up a fight between Torch and her opponent, but Torch kept on fighting. Iris, in turn, began to counter Torch's attacks until their arms were locked. "Okay, I think you've had enough."

"Hi, Iris. Care to join in the fun," Torch asked.

"Nope, what I'm here to say is you're running out of opponents," she replied and pointed towards the dog pile of men in the corner of the room. "At least leave Mr. Meyer some business."

*****
Billy stepped back into the room where Geese was having a meeting. He quietly made his way towards the back and listened in on the conversation.

"I don't know," Mr. Big began to protest. "You, me, and that big German lug nut? I can't even picture ourselves in the same room let alone on the same team."

Geese only laughed. "We'll just it call a truce for now. Once this tournament is over, then things will be as they were."

"Give me one good reason why I should team up with you," Mr. Big asked, finding it rather difficult to even get his point across.

"What if I said that there's something to be gained. Something, like, power. Power beyond belief. With it one could, I don't know, take over world." Geese seeing that his words had no effect sighed and resorted to his back up plan. "Besides, the Sakazakis have also received invitations and from what I understand you still have a score to settle with them. This is a great opportunity."

Mr. Big just sat there, still a bit confused.

"Fine," Geese spat, "You'll be on television!!"

"You have my attention," Mr. Big said with renewed interest. "Now about this King of Fighters tournament...."



Well, you finally got to see Torch in action, not to mention start seeing a few characters that will be constant throughout this fic, mostly Billy and Geese (begins to laugh evilly). You will definitely see another side to these guys later on (evil laughter can still be heard).