Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Ashes Can Dance ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The temple of Besaid shook as passing airship overhead flew. The soft hum of the forest was broken by the loud crash of airships landing in the small hut town of Besaid.

'I just have to beat Zid... He's such a jerk.. And a show off..'

Kyra sat in deep thought alone in her hut; far away in her own little world. She let out a soft sigh and blew the remaining uncombed bangs from over her eyes.

"What did Zid do now..?" Asked a caring voice.

Kyra's head jerked up.

"Oh... Be himself." Kyra mumbled softly.

Father Tida took a seat next to Kyra and gave her a smile.

"You're so young and sweet... Never knowing what a true fight is.."

Father Tida's eyes shined in the sunlight.

"Huh..? What do you mean by... A true fight..?"

"Oh... You'll see in time my dear."

Kyra tilted her head to side; confused. Slowly Father Tida stood up from his seat and hobbled out of the hut. Kyra sat there reamaining speechless.

******

"I got to beat Kyra!"

Zid yelled so loudly all the birds in the side of the forest he was on flew away scared.

"Cowards..."

Zid continued to yell at himself trying to do his best to plan out something to get Kyra. After a few seconds Zid ran out of "great" ideas. Soon a large cargo airship passed overhead and an idea snapped into Zid's brain.

"Ah... HA!! I got it!! I am the smartest man alive!!"

Zid jumped for joy taking pride in his brain.

"Do you normally talk to yourself?" Asked Kyra as she walked the path towards Zid.

"Gr... Shut up Kyra... Like your little brain could come up with a plan?"

Zid smirked.

"Hm... Least I've got a brain.."

Kyra returned Zid's evil smirk.

"Really... You never seem to use it much."

Kyra sighed and rolled her eyes.

"What... No come back?"

"No... I don't feel like sinking down to your little level of being a loser.."

"....."

"Now look who shut up..."

Zid walked away in a huff leaving Kyra behind.

"Going home to cry now?" Kyra called after him.

"Tch... Shut up already..."

Zid took off in a running start down ot the beach leaving Kyra's mouth hang open.

'He really... Does have a plan...'

Kyra quickly took off after him. She slowly stalked Zid up the beach near a landing airship.

'Going onto an airship... Smart plan, for Zid.'

Kyra walked along the beach and slowly crouched behind a small sand dune. Kyra's eyes locked onto Zid's every movement. Her soft blue eyes ran up to Zid's legs form his feet then slowly to his firm butt.

'Knock it off Kyra! Stop checking out your best friend, this is wrong...'

Kyra yelled inside her head and looked down at her feet. She watched the sand roll over her feet for what felt like hours thinking; was only minutes.

The earth under Kyra's feet shook as the ship she was planning to leave on was taking off with Zid and without her.

"Uh... oh..."

Kyra's head snapped up as she looked up and saw the ship leaving.

"Shit!!" Kyra swore.

"W-WAIT FOR ME!"

Kyra dashed up and rushed to the airship rushing past people on the docks pushing a few people aside. Kyra quickly looked up and saw the hatch lock up.

"Triple shit.. fucker..."

Kyra swore again and looked for an available way to get aboard the now leaving airship. Her eyes took quick looks here and there until they crossed the path of a hanging rope.

"Ah... HA!"

Kyra took pride her self for discovering it.

"Eat your heart out Ziddie!"

Kyra continued to speak out loud.

Kyra backed away from the dock; waiting for the right second. She leaned into the wind and rushed towards the edge of the dock and leaped into the air reaching for the swinging stairway; the rope. Catching a hold of it Kyra slipped down a bit; feeling her hands go on fire. Sliding down to the end of the rope, Kyra tried to inch back up. Slowly wrapping her legs around it she clung to the rope.

'If I fall...'

Kyra looked down under herself only to see the deep blue sea.

'I am so dead... I swear I'm coming back as a ghost and stalking Zid until the end of time!'

Kyra felt a quick tug on the rope; as it was being pulled up. Shocked at the fact someone knew Kyra was down there, Kyra shot a look up to see wh her hero was.

Letting out an annoyed sigh Kyra saw Zid.

"Do you like doing things the hard way? OR are you trying to upstage me?" Zid called down to the hanging Kyra.

Kyra let out a growl.

"...."

"I am I your hero now?"

Zid seemed pleased with himself.

"Don't get too full of yourself... Your ego is already big enough.."

"tch... You know I can drop you.."

Zid dropped the rope a little making Kyra slide down and let out a scream.

"Baby..."

"Zid! Pull me up!!"

Kyra clung to the rope for her life as Zid pulled her and the rope on deck.

"I am your hero... So bow and kiss my feet."

Zid smirked and rubbed in into Kyra.

"Here hero.."

Kyra lifted her hand and slapped Zid across the face leaving a nice little red mark.

"I'd hit you back if you weren't a weak a girl... You really should learn how to fight..."

"Why fight? When I have my hero, you..."

Kyra gave Zid a sweet smile and walked back to the rail seeing the airship shift over to land still low.

"You know something.."

Zid walked over to Kyra and joined her at the railing.

"What Zid?"

"You trust people too much, and you're too weak and sweet.."

"...?"

"You'll thank for this one day..."

"For what...?"

Zid leaned close to Kyra putting his arms around her waist.

"What are you doing?!"

"Doing you a favor Kyra.."

With that Zid lifted Kyra up over the rail and threw her off the airship. Feeling the wind hit her back Kyra fell down to the Earth below. Her eyes looked back at Zid sadly. Time seemed to stop as she stared up to him; no less he was smirking.

"The real world is too bad a place for children like you Kyra.."

Her eyes locked up on him as she hit the Earth hard; Feeling her bone break under the impact.

"I'll return soon for you.. My slave Kyra!"

Kyra laid on her back not moving watching the airship and her trusted best friend disappear into the clouds.

'I'll get you for this Zid...'

Kyra vowed as her world grew blurry and dark.