Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Ashes Can Dance ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The sun moved in on Teii warming her cheeks softy. Three years had passed quickly with Zid training her. She had found the art of summoning and returned it to Spira making her known through out Luca and the rest of Spira. This also confused the temple monks, and yet at the same put fear into their hearts. The fyaths have returned, and that would mean Sin would return too.

Teii moved around a bit. She felt the warmth of Zid's arms wrapped around her. Slowly under her head Zid's chest moved up and down with his soft breathing.

"Zid.. You awake?"

Zid's eyes slowly opened and he mumbled.

"Now... I am."

Teii smiled and leaned up, softly kissing him on the lips. Zid returned Teii's kiss wrapping his arms around her lower back making the kiss more deeper.

Sitting up slowly Teii broke her kiss with Zid and looked into his deep blue eyes making herself blush.

"Teii... Can I ask you something?"

"Anything Zid."

"I miss my island... And there's a girl-"

"Oh! So that's it! Another girl?!"

Teii pushed away from Zid's hold and jumped off the bed, placing her barefeet on the cold hard floor.

"Teii! Wait!"

Zid hopped off the bed and grabbed Teii's arm.

"She's just a friend..."

Teii smiled to him, making Zid relax and pull her in for a hug.

"I want to meet her..."

Teii kept her body close and pressed into Zid's.

"She was a great friend to me. Caring funny, not much of a fighter though. You could beat her with ease."

"Well Zid, with your training, I can beat anyone I want."

Teii's soft smile turned into a wicked smirk.

"That's my girl!"

After about an hour of packing Teii was finally ready for the trip to Besaid. They reached the docks and boarded the airship ready for the trip to Zid's far away home.

"You seem in a rush Zid."

He could only look down and sigh.

"I miss her a lot. That's all..."

"Oh... Nothing will change with us, right Zid..?"

Teii seemed unsure of everything right now.

"Is someone jealous?"

"No! Why would I be?"

Zid laughed and was soon joined by Teii.

"I guess I know how you feel... Since I lost both my sisters."

"You still have no idea why your family was attacked?"

"No, not really. But all the Al Bheds... Just disappeared."

Zid lifted her chin and kissed her softly.

"No fears Teii, I'm with you."

A sweet smile crossed her lips.

"I'm glad of that too Zid."

Trees and islands passed under and by them as time slowly moved by. Zid's stomach had butterflies in them as well was Teii's; she was unsure of this new girl. It was rare of Zid to talk about his past, and this was the first time he has spoken about that girl.

'If she was so great, why did he leave her?'

Teii stared coldly at the passing waters.

Slowly the airship's weight shifted as it started to go for a landing. Besaid island grew closer as the clouds parted from the lowing ship.

"What... the..?"

Zid's mouth dropped open as he looked out onto his past home; burnt down huts, fallen trees, dried up rivers and falls that once cover his home, now was a vast wasteland.

Zid grabbed a passing crew member.

"Are you sure this is Besaid?!"

The crew man blinked a few times.

"Well?!"

"Yeah, it's Besaid. It was attacked a few years back. You know

when Deli was attacked, this was attack the same day one year later."

Zid let go of the man's arm and backed away; confused.

"You okay sir?"

"....."

'Kyra... I shouldn't have left you.'

"Zid?"

Teii placed a hand on Zid's shoulder.

"Did anyone live?"

The crew man shurgged.

"People are living here now. It's not much trade but we can't let the islanders die here, now can we?"

Zid quickly walked off the ship onto the sands he once he as a child. The soft sands he once new changed so much from the last time he has walked them. They held the blood of his friends and of his family.

Teii watched him from the ship, then in a blink of an eye Zid ran off into the deep dead woods.

'I better follow him..'

With that Teii took off the ship and headed after Zid.

Zid kept a steady speed up, the wind was beating him back as he tried to gained speed. He just had to see the temple for himself, he had to see if the monks were gone, and most of all if Kyra was really gone too.

'It was all my fault... All my fault... I told her she'd be safer here..'

Zid was fighting off the tears forming in his eyes. Soon Zid forgot he was running and rammed into a tall hard object.

"Ugh... What the fuck..."

Zid looked up to meet eyes with a tall blonde man.

"Oui drana! Fru yna oui?"

"....?"

Zid blinked a few times; confused.

"Cbayg!"

"Huh? I don't get the words coming from your mouth."

The other man glared at Zid.

"Oui ajuc!"

The man quickly bent down over Zid and forcely picked him up by his neck. Using all the power he had in his right arm the man pulled back his arm and jammed his fist into Zid's stomach; as if using Zid like a punching bag.

"Oof!"

Before Zid could react the man lifted his knee up and dropped Zid down onto it.

"Ugh!"

The man dropped Zid to the ground and stepped onto his back with one foot to hold Zid pinned.

"Fryd'c kuehk uh?"

A new person entered into the clearing where Zid and his attacker were.

"Get him off of me!"

Zid would have taken help from just about anyone now. He looked up to see a young blonde girl with sliver bangs standing over him. Her eyes were two different colors, yet her face was one Zid had seen before.

"Ucc res!"

The man moved and backed away.

"Thanks..."

Zid got up and studied the girl.

'This can't be Kyra.. Kyra has brown hair, blue eyes, and this chick is hott! Kyra was just okay...'

Zid smirked and looked the young girl up and down, only to get a cold dagger placed to his neck.

"Whoa there..."

"Zid you have not changed a bit..."

He blinked as his jaw hung open.

"You know me?"

"Yeah I know you... It's me... Kyra..."

"Kyra?! How you.. look..."

"I changed a lot Zid, like you told me! When oui left me here!"

"Oui...?"

"That means you in Al Bhed."

"Oh yeah, forgot.. The Al Bheds moved here. So you were the only one to make it?"

"And you too Zid..."

Kyra's eyes turned cold as she glared at him with a deep dark frown.

"Didn't you wish you were here? Here when my world fell apart, it was your home too once... wasn't it? Or have you just forgot...?"

Zid put his handson Kyra's shoulders and looked deep into her eyes, only to see hate and pain.

"You have changed..."

Teii slowly walked over to them.

"Zid..."

He turned away from Kyra to look at Teii.

"Who is that Zid?"

Teii looked at Kyra, wondering.

"Teii, meet Kyra. Kyra this is Teii."

Teii's eyes shot a glare at Kyra, who in turn stood there and smirked.